Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Aimee I love this outfit.

I am doing some Christmas shopping with the Auction.

The Alice dress is so sweet!

100_5017.jpg

100_5010.jpg

!

Ellen, didn't you also do a similar dress for your granddaughter? I know I saw that same dress or one very similar on here. Just beautiful!

Ellen, your appliques are AMAZING!!

Here is my T-shirt dress for Fin - my sometimes princess sometimes tomboy ;)
photo3.jpg

The back:

photo4.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Super cute, I really love the Tiana skirt!

That is amazing! Do you mind if I CASE that for Alexa? I really want to make her one of those before she decides she is too old for pink!

, on Flickr

DSC_9664 by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr

DSC_6212 by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr

Sheila
They are all really cute! I especially love the Tiana dress and the apron dress!
293676_2280605648275_1042803000_32096979_909281955_n.jpg

Now for the test....

Nini

Nini, I think the quilt is beautiful!

I finished dd's Fall/Thanksgiving Portrait Peasant yesterday. I really like this pattern! So many possibilities! She wasn't in the mood for pics, but here it is. The pumpkin is a raggy design.

IMG_2270.jpg

I love that top, beautiful colors for Fall!

IMG_7975 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_7982 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_7978 by tricialee22, on Flickr
Tricia, that Vida is fabulous! You look great modeling it!

Beautiful Thanksgiving outfit! I may have to case that if you don't mind. Ugh! I have yet to even work on Halloween clothes for dd. I really want to get two of these t's done plus make her another skirt. We'll see what progress I can make this weekend.
!

I haven't even started Alexa's Halloween costume yet and still wanted to make a couple more Halloween outfits. Don't know if they're going to get finished or not! Alexa is going to be Rapunzel and I really wanted Connor to be Flynn Ryder but he wasn't having it! So I bought him a Spiderman costume instead. Is it pathetic that I feel bad that he doesn't have a mom-made costume this year?!

Dena, digitalbydesign, had one. No idea what is up with her shop though and if you can still get it.

I've been wondering about her shop too. She has some designs that I really wanted and no one else has.

I wanted to share my other contribution to Barbara's auction. My sweet daughter inspired me to give a little more after she asked to donate $10 from her piggy bank. So Proud!!!

303242_10150376551259729_121682319728_8059427_1705347286_n.jpg

Beautiful, as usual! How sweet of your daughter to help out! I am going to donate something too, once I get Halloween over with!

Well, since the family received their package I can post the stuff I sent for owen's Big Give now. I made Kamryn a vida with an LGM on it. She is taller than me and going to wear it with leggings I think. Here it is on me. And I made a buzz tshirt and LGM shorts for Owen.

The back

The front

Great job like usual. I am glad to see I wasn't the only one who modelled Kamryn's outfit!

Forgot to mention. Did anyone see that Disney has now changed there cancellation policy. If you cancel with less than 24 hour notice they are charging $10/pp:scared1: at all the character and signature restaurants.

Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2815915

Thanks for the notice. I hope they will have some flexibility for people who get sick or unable to come because of circumstances beyond their control. I don't think this policy will affect DH and I too much since we show up to all our reservations (even though I have been rather sick with stomach bug a few times over the years, I just show up and doggy bag most of my meal for later). I can see it could be challenging for parents with young children.

I wanted to share my other contribution to Barbara's auction. My sweet daughter inspired me to give a little more after she asked to donate $10 from her piggy bank. So Proud!!!

There are so many cute things! Jessica made a darling girl scouts apron. A super cute Minnnie bag was listed tonight and Heather put up another FrouFrou gift certificate.

Beautiful!! Your DD is a generous person! I should go and check what else has been listed in the last few days.

The link won't work for me....but there will hopefully be no more Sgt Pepper's costumes in my future. I'm beginning to thin a catfish and harp seal would have been better choices after all. There are just too many details in these jackets and dh would be all pissy (excuse the language) if they aren't done just so.

Beautiful Thanksgiving outfit! I may have to case that if you don't mind. Ugh! I have yet to even work on Halloween clothes for dd. I really want to get two of these t's done plus make her another skirt. We'll see what progress I can make this weekend.

Sorry to hear about BIL's return. Hopefully you can still find an excuse for a vacation and hopefully your relationship with the in-laws won't be affected too much.

Oh, sorry about the broken link! Hmm, it appears that site won't allow a direct link. Try this instead. It should be the first or second article down.

Please CASE away! Thank you for the compliment!

Well, since the family received their package I can post the stuff I sent for owen's Big Give now. I made Kamryn a vida with an LGM on it. She is taller than me and going to wear it with leggings I think. Here it is on me. And I made a buzz tshirt and LGM shorts for Owen.

Wow! That is an awesome applique!

I made two pairs of easy-fit jeans for dd this weekend. She's so tiny but long, that I can't buy store bought jeans. I had to narrow the 6 month pattern block by a couple inches, but they turned out really cute.

Tomorrow is the baptism that I made the gown for over the summer. I'm excited to see it "in action"! Pics to come.

Regards,
C.

There are so many cute things! Jessica made a darling girl scouts apron. A super cute Minnnie bag was listed tonight and Heather put up another FrouFrou gift certificate.

This is so cute! Where did you get the tank top? I could use a tank top like it for the New Year's outfit I am planning. :confused3

okay I think I am going to head down and finish the Big Give I am working on and then I can work on some stuff for me. UNless I decide to add an extra shirt for the give.

Love this, so nice of you to donate more outfits!

I know this probably won't work, but I'll try. The quilt I had so much trouble with last week left my studio without getting a picture...so the new mommy sent me some pictures via face book.

I am going to attempt to post one of the pictures here so you can see...from a distance it doesn't look too bad...just don't get too close! LOL

293676_2280605648275_1042803000_32096979_909281955_n.jpg

Now for the test....

Nini

Sorry it gave you fits and you weren't happy with the results, but it does look really pretty, and from the pictures you can't see any flaws.

The back

The front

Those outfits are adorable, and love seeing you model the dress!

I'm trying to get some ideas for Christmas Gifts for teachers, therapists and doctors that we see on a weekly basis. This has been a struggle for me for the past few years. I don't want to repeat myself, but each year the expectations get bigger and bigger.

I found some glass ornaments from a couple years ago. I was going to use them for place card holders at my Christmas table, but we ended up doing Christmas at my DIL's house and we did something different. They are clear glass, I put a few drops of paint in each one (different Christmasy colors) and swirled them around, then drained the excess paint.

They have a sort of marbled appearance. If I took these, and wrote either the Teacher's name or year on it in Gold leaf pen...would that work for a teacher's gift?

Part of me thinks it is fine, but another part thinks it is a bit cheap and uninspired. I've never reused something for a gift before...

In past years I have made goodies (included homemade hot cocoa mix and homemade marshmallows) in a fabric basket, hand embroidered and appliqued wall hangings, machine embroidered guest towels, Matching key fobs and purses, and a few other that I can't remember.

They all start out simple and end up taking about three times as much actual time to complete. I'm looking for something simple and easy...and quick!

Any ideas? Doe these ornaments sound too cheap?

Nini

PS...Since DD is now in middle school her teachers do not have the same high expectation as her previous elementary teachers...

I'm trying to get some ideas for Christmas Gifts for teachers, therapists and doctors that we see on a weekly basis. This has been a struggle for me for the past few years. I don't want to repeat myself, but each year the expectations get bigger and bigger.

I found some glass ornaments from a couple years ago. I was going to use them for place card holders at my Christmas table, but we ended up doing Christmas at my DIL's house and we did something different. They are clear glass, I put a few drops of paint in each one (different Christmasy colors) and swirled them around, then drained the excess paint.

They have a sort of marbled appearance. If I took these, and wrote either the Teacher's name or year on it in Gold leaf pen...would that work for a teacher's gift?

Part of me thinks it is fine, but another part thinks it is a bit cheap and uninspired. I've never reused something for a gift before...

In past years I have made goodies (included homemade hot cocoa mix and homemade marshmallows) in a fabric basket, hand embroidered and appliqued wall hangings, machine embroidered guest towels, Matching key fobs and purses, and a few other that I can't remember.

They all start out simple and end up taking about three times as much actual time to complete. I'm looking for something simple and easy...and quick!

Nini

PS...Since DD is now in middle school her teachers do not have the same high expectation as her previous elementary teachers...

The last couple of years of elementary school for teachers, scout leaders, therapists, etc I did a tin full of peppermint bark. Very easy to make and tastes great. Plus it looks expensive even though it isn't. Last year for middle school teachers we did "melted snowman" cookies for each teacher. They were large cookies so each teacher got one in a pretty cello bag tied with a ribbon. They were very well received.

WinterBreak2010149.jpg

We've also done insulated coffee cup cozies that I sewed and a small Starbucks gift cards.

Nini

I think they sound like great ideas! I've started pinning gift ideas as I see them (mostly for teacher gifts, etc) . . . here's a link to my board for that

http://pinterest.com/mphalens/gift-ideas/

Nini

Nini, I've found some cute things from this site: http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=22

This one was easy to make and a big hit:

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=573

I've also made a bunch of different keychains, I think the pencil would be great for a teacher:

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=191

I haven't tried them, but she has cute tissue holders and a new sewing kit.

Nini

I've made these as gifts before. People love them and always ask how I did it! I add a bow at the top of each ornament to dress them up a little. No, I don't think they seem cheap at all. They're a nice little gift that says you appreciate the recipient without being too much. They're pretty, useful and won't take up a lot of space. Perfect for a teacher, imo. (I've always wondered what they did with all the stuff kids must give them at Christmas.) ;) Just because you made them with another purpose in mind originally doesn't mean they're not worth giving, so I say go for it! :thumbsup2

Lori in East Podunk

Hi everybody!

I'm hoping to get some suggestions from all of you creative folks. Etsy is offering a one time opportunity to change the name of your shop. The one I have, FancifulFinery, was made up on the fly because everything else I wanted was taken already. I'm not crazy about it because it's pretty feminine and I want to do things for boys too. I also want to include other craft and gift items. My new name idea was WellingtonSplashpuddle, but it's two letters too long. I'm pretty sure I want to keep the Wellington part. It goes so well with "puddle" since wellingtons are rain boots, but I'm open to ideas! I tried leaving out one "L" and one "D" but that just makes it look like I can't spell. :confused:

Anyhow, I figured y'all were the perfect group to ask. I'd appreciate hearing whatever you can come up with!

Thanks!

Lori in East Podunk

everything posted this week is beautiful....especially love the pink christmas idea!

here are Kensliegh/lavender,Gracie/green and Chloe's/floral Ingalls dresses...
293314_10150339434826586_555471585_8400641_144071253_n.jpg

293314_10150339434751586_555471585_8400639_861577825_n.jpg

backs the same,so just showing one pic...
293314_10150339434866586_555471585_8400642_1417043722_n.jpg

all 3 together...Kens & Gace saw thiers on FB a minute ago and are cheering and saying they love them they are perfect! Chloe loved her's too!
293314_10150339434911586_555471585_8400644_1262897696_n.jpg

the veggie cans we did for their treat buckets...gotta add gems to one gold one and a lightening bolt to the other for the greek god/goddess { Elli & Blaze} i forgot to get a pic of Elli's dress...the Ingalss have silver gray buckets...th orange handles don't match but thye re what Pawpaw had and he put them on so that will work! they are the food service size cans...
294320_10150331197976586_555471585_8356340_799049788_n.jpg

ging now to decorate the gold ans...crunch time...

I could meet on Sunday too - or first thing in the morning on Saturday (the wedding isn't until 1:30) ...

Or you're welcome to come to the Shutterfly HouseParty I'm having at my parents' house on Friday night :)

Saturday morning will probably work since we will be done with soccer:worship:

okay I think I am going to head down and finish the Big Give I am working on and then I can work on some stuff for me. UNless I decide to add an extra shirt for the give.

Looks like you finished up alot as I saw your pics on FB:goodvibes

Nini

Speaking as a wife of a teacher:teacher: I think your gift is perfectly fine. And you aren't really regifting just reusing something you already have. We received many homemade gifts or food and DH appreciated everyone.

everything posted this week is beautiful....especially love the pink christmas idea!

Love all those dresses!

Nini, I've found some cute things from this site: http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=22

This one was easy to make and a big hit:

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=573

I've also made a bunch of different keychains, I think the pencil would be great for a teacher:

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=191

I haven't tried them, but she has cute tissue holders and a new sewing kit.
Thanks for the ideas! Trying to think of a gift for DD's teacher. I asked DD if her teacher likes anything special.
She could only thing of roses & sunflowers....:goodvibes

Nini---I think the ornament sounds great! Maybe use it to decorate some homemade edible treat? My kids' teachers are probably getting pumpkin bread (homemade) in a cello bag and labeled with a sewn luggage tag ;)

all 3 together...Kens & Gace saw thiers on FB a minute ago and are cheering and saying they love them they are perfect! Chloe loved her's too!
293314_10150339434911586_555471585_8400644_1262897696_n.jpg

the veggie cans we did for their treat buckets...gotta add gems to one gold one and a lightening bolt to the other for the greek god/goddess { Elli & Blaze} i forgot to get a pic of Elli's dress...the Ingalss have silver gray buckets...th orange handles don't match but thye re what Pawpaw had and he put them on so that will work! they are the food service size cans...
294320_10150331197976586_555471585_8356340_799049788_n.jpg

ging now to decorate the gold ans...crunch time...

OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I think the veg cans seal the deal! Those are AWESOME treat buckets to go with the two sets of costumes!!!! Please post a pic of the kids all dressed up!!!!

Saturday morning will probably work since we will be done with soccer:worship:

Yay! And lucky you that soccer will be over! Phalen has a make-up game that weekend (and DH will get to see since he'll have to take him) and playoffs the following weekend . . . I am ready for the season to be OVER!

Y'all I have lost my mind! We tried using the spray in stuff to color Finn's hair blue for his Gil the Bubble Guppie Halloween costume. He went with spray in blue hair to the Halloween party we attended last night. But, by the end of the party (which was only 3 hours long) his hair was silver and he was leaving a cloud of blue dust in his wake. For whatever reason, that spray in stuff does NOT stick to his hair. Without the blue hair he just looks like a half nekked Ariel that lost her hair . . .
So, back to Sally's we went today . . .and consulted with our two new friends (we met them the other day when we went in for the "good" color hair spray) and bought a bottle of semi-permanent blue hair dye. :scared1: not only does that smilie guy show what my brain was doing as I was making the purchase, he also is a good representation of the color my child's hair is now.

It will wash out (and after only a few washes with a clarifying shampoo) but it's still the real deal BLUE HAIR.

What will I do when they're teenagers and want to dye their hair? I've already allowed him to do it at age THREE. :rotfl2:

Here's a pic of Finn while the color was processing . . . it's not QUITE this "bright" now that we've rinsed and dried. . .
314435_10150368623789525_760474524_8060473_446497194_n.jpg

Nini

I hear you on th eteacher's gifts,i like to try to help the kids get for the g'babies teachers and this year all 7 are in school,and when you add in music,pe,computer lab Etc. it really add's up ...and Elli & Blaze have their gifted teachers and tumble/sports coaches...i have just this week joined PINTEREST and i am hooked,tons of ideas there...you should check it out if you haven't already! my name is Beth Shepard if you wanna follow me...enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter