Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innovis 1250d! :thumbsup2

So far I am in love. Everyone thought I would be disappointed at the sewing place, including DH. He was totally going for the 1500d, which had I known they were going to have I might have prepared myself better and thought a little more on it. But I didn't need a bigger hoop and mainly want it to sew and preferred to save the $. He told me to get the one you got if I wanted it.

I think my machine is going to be alot cheaper to fix then originally thought. It might just be the foot pedal now he thinks and I started thinking that. Had I know that I would have gone back to just sewing without it like I used to but I wanted another good reliable machine anyways. I am not against buying another one at some point either. Maybe when my money tree grows.

Glad you got what you wanted, I think you will be happy with it.

Hope your machine gets fixed quickly and for not too much $!

Glad you got what you wanted, I think you will be happy with it.

Hope your machine gets fixed quickly and for not too much $!

Thanks! Me too on the $ part! I like that is smaller and might be easier to travel with too. It isn't that much smaller but I feel like it is for some reason.

I would definitely order the 6-8. It is always better to have something be a little roomy rather than too small. I bought my daughters some Hanes t-shirts last summer and I thought they ran a bit on the smaller side anyhow. I don't know about the adult shirts on the website but the ones that I buy in the store seem pretty true to size.

I would probably go with Jiffy shirts, no idea how Hanes run though but I would say no way to a size 2-4 for 5t, even the 6-8's we had weren't bigger then a 3-4t. If you want a 5t on jiffy and go with rabbit skins order the size 7.

Dangit! I don't know what to do!!! I LOATHE Rabbit Skins shirts ... they run SO SO SO Small!!! I think after receiving SO many complaints about them when I managed a Gymboree Play & Music I have a mental block against them :rolleyes:

I'd normally head to Walmart but I don't think Granimals has plain t's ... they have a pocket this season in the little boys section, don't they??? Anyone know about the girls selection?
Or would I be better off with Michaels or ACMoore??? They sell blanks, don't they? I know I've gotten shirts there before, but I can't remember how they fit ...

My DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas the other day (yeah we plan far in advance) and I told him I want one that will embroider a 6x10 but I will settle for a 5 x 7 :)
I am so jealous of all you ladies with a sewing room. I might convert my upstairs room into one and just work in there at night. It is my sons room but he is in San Diego and then back to Afghanistan and for some reason I dont see him moving back home with the "rents" anytime soon :)

I have to get the baskets set up tonight once I know the little darlin' is asleep. Other than that I will be here patiently waiting to go to the next chapter :laundy:

Dangit! I don't know what to do!!! I LOATHE Rabbit Skins shirts ... they run SO SO SO Small!!! I think after receiving SO many complaints about them when I managed a Gymboree Play & Music I have a mental block against them :rolleyes:

I'd normally head to Walmart but I don't think Granimals has plain t's ... they have a pocket this season in the little boys section, don't they??? Anyone know about the girls selection?
Or would I be better off with Michaels or ACMoore??? They sell blanks, don't they? I know I've gotten shirts there before, but I can't remember how they fit ...

You know, I was in the craft paint section of wal-mart yesterday and I saw t-shirts in there too I didn't do a close check of them, but just a thought. I always go looking in the kids section for shirts, but maybe the craft section from now on as well.

My Joanns, Michaels and AC moore have blanks, a few colors in toddler sizes and then the Gildan or Jerzees brands in the larger sizes. I think a youth small (6-8) would probably work ok for a 5T.

My Joanns, Michaels and AC moore have blanks, a few colors in toddler sizes and then the Gildan or Jerzees brands in the larger sizes. I think a youth small (6-8) would probably work ok for a 5T.

I've found shirts at Hobby Lobby...a little on the thin side though. I bought a couple, but I'm not sure how they will hold up. They did look close to actual size though....

Marianne...I've had good luck removing the pocket before washing, and any stitch marks disappeared in the wash. Just be sure to use the seam ripper on the pocket and not the inside of the shirt, just in case of accidental oops. You'll dmage the pocket that's coming off instead of the shirt. Not that I would know...:rolleyes1

You know, I was in the craft paint section of wal-mart yesterday and I saw t-shirts in there too I didn't do a close check of them, but just a thought. I always go looking in the kids section for shirts, but maybe the craft section from now on as well.

I've found shirts at Hobby Lobby...a little on the thin side though. I bought a couple, but I'm not sure how they will hold up. They did look close to actual size though....

Marianne...I've had good luck removing the pocket before washing, and any stitch marks disappeared in the wash. Just be sure to use the seam ripper on the pocket and not the inside of the shirt, just in case of accidental oops. You'll dmage the pocket that's coming off instead of the shirt. Not that I would know...:rolleyes1

Wow! Thanks ladies!!! Now is it wrong of me to wish stores weren't closed for Easter tomorrow so I could go do some re-con? :rotfl:

DH works tomorrow (pretty much most holidays except for Christmas Day) because he's a golf pro at a private club and you know, they want to go play golf and have a nice family day ... no worries, my kids don't miss their dad on holidays or anything :rolleyes1
Sorry for the mini-rant ... DH loves his job ... and that's important ... we just both hate when he has to miss out on family stuff b/c of it :sad2:

I agree with this. I have done it several times for appliques. I can't even tell there was a pocket.

Uh-oh....I've found a machine that looks really interesting on craigslist. The reason I'm starting with uh-oh is because I'm a very beginner sewer. And this is not a cheap machine. But I think it may be a good deal. Here's the description:

Pfaff Creative 7570 sewing & embroidery machine. Has accessories that were included when purchased. Also has one extra standard hoop and the Pfaff creative fantasy hoop.
Includes PC designer 2.2 software with cable.

5 blank memory cards
2 Amazing Designs memory cards
19 Pfaff creative fantasy cards
Cash only

Do any of you have this machine? What do you think? It's listed for $750. Opinions???

The Easter Bunny came!!
She finally fell asleep. Now hubbykins has to get up before her tomorrow and hide the eggs outside
Easter2011048.jpg

I agree with this. I have done it several times for appliques. I can't even tell there was a pocket.

Very good to know! I always find shirts with pockets and have never thought to just take the pocket off.

Are we going to move tonight? It's my first move and I don't want to miss it! :rotfl2:

The Easter Bunny came!!
She finally fell asleep. Now hubbykins has to get up before her tomorrow and hide the eggs outside
Easter2011048.jpg

How fun! She made out good. Totally reminds me that I need to get my daughters ready!

Oh and a note on the colored bubbles....apparently they stain!!! My mom told me that anyway. So I recommend play clothes and outside.

Happy Easter all!

How fun! She made out good. Totally reminds me that I need to get my daughters ready!

Oh and a note on the colored bubbles....apparently they stain!!! My mom told me that anyway. So I recommend play clothes and outside.

Happy Easter all!

Yeah I read an article on that after I bought them of course!! And I heard they stain siding too. So it will be in the middle of the backyard in ratty clothes :)

Yeah I read an article on that after I bought them of course!! And I heard they stain siding too. So it will be in the middle of the backyard in ratty clothes :)

Don't forget the grass....Sorry, the ads are a little misleading. On the flip side, your yard will be nice and colorful for spring!!

This is why I love this thread. You learn new things every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter