Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally finished one dress for our next trip in October.

Not sure how many more at least 4 maybe as many as 7.

The bunny visited at our house too ... Can't get a picture uploaded right now...

$10 says DS#1 will be jealous that DS#2 got 1 bigger bunny while he "only" got two Webkins (a puppy & a bunny) ... :rolleyes: I tried REALLY hard to do everything EQUAL for them, but it's hard when they're 3 1/2 years apart!!! They like different candy, they're obviously on different levels for books, etc. etc. etc.
:confused3

DS#1 is getting:
2 movies (Incredibles Blu-Ray combo pack & Yogi Bear combo pack)
1 Lightening McQueen Bellywasher
2 magic towels (soccer ball and Lightening McQueen)
1 box of jelly bean bubble gum
1 box of sour patch bunnies
puppy webkins
bunny lil webkins
1 large lolly
The Story of Easter book
Magnetic Word Builder book

DS#2 is getting:
2 movies (Cars blu-ray combo pack & Tangled blu-ray combo pack)
2 bellywashers (Lightening McQueen & Mater)
2 magic towels (both Cars)
1 box of bunny nerds
1 box of gummy lifesavers
1 large lolly
Little Bunny Follows His Nose (scratch & sniff book - it was one of my favorites as a child and I found a brand new copy at Borders today!)
Stellaluna oversized board book version
Small Build A Bear Bunny ($4.99 with purchase at Borders)

My mom sent them stuff too ... but it's labelled "Love Mimi & Papa" so they know the EB didn't leave it :-)

Wel, the Ten Commandments finally went off, and I THINK DS is asleep. Time to get the EB goodies out of the car and set it up then off to bed.

Happy Easter everyone!

Nini

The bunny visited at our house too ... Can't get a picture uploaded right now...

$10 says DS#1 will be jealous that DS#2 got 1 bigger bunny while he "only" got two Webkins (a puppy & a bunny) ... :rolleyes: I tried REALLY hard to do everything EQUAL for them, but it's hard when they're 3 1/2 years apart!!! They like different candy, they're obviously on different levels for books, etc. etc. etc.

DS#1 is getting:
puppy webkins
bunny lil webkins
1 large lolly
The Story of Easter book

DS#2 is getting:
1 box of bunny nerds
1 large lolly
Little Bunny Follows His Nose (scratch & sniff book - it was one of my favorites as a child and I found a brand new copy at Borders today!)

My mom sent them stuff too ... but it's labelled "Love Mimi & Papa" so they know the EB didn't leave it :-)

Aww cute. Can't wait to see the pics

How much traveling do you do with your machine? I'm just curious....

It's never been anywhere unless you count the 2 hours to the shop. Oh, wait, I did take it to Tennessee once for a family reunion. We all brought our machines and my cousin was awesome and taught us about making quilts a little and we all messed around the hotel lobby for 4-5 hours together. It was lots of fun.

My mom has a mountain house about 2 hours from here and I would love to take it up there but I was always so nervous with it in the car and the thing is/was huge!

I can see me taking it many more places though if it is easier to take with me. My friend lives in Charlotte and when she lived here I sometimes would just take my regular sewing machine over and we would sew together. I usually take my regular one to Charlotte.

The Easter Bunny came!!
She finally fell asleep. Now hubbykins has to get up before her tomorrow and hide the eggs outside
Easter2011048.jpg

Guess I don't need to warn you about the bubbles! I can't find the darn club penguin bunny I bought last year!!! It has been in my closet forever but I moved it about 6 weeks ago because it was all that was left in the bag. So, where did I put it!! Oh, there is an octopus too. Hmm?? I am pretty sure we'll go to bed without finding it, especially since no one is looking for it!

How fun! She made out good. Totally reminds me that I need to get my daughters ready!

Oh and a note on the colored bubbles....apparently they stain!!! My mom told me that anyway. So I recommend play clothes and outside.

Happy Easter all!

Yep, heard the same thing and read the article. Cute idea although I always thought bubbles were colorful enough.

I have finally finished one dress for our next trip in October.

Not sure how many more at least 4 maybe as many as 7.

When are you headed to the world in Oct? I am pretty sure we'll go there this year vs land.

I so would have written back (and then not posted it-because I try to censor myself before causing trouble):
"Of course it's not NECESSARY, but why wouldn't you want her to??? Either she doesn't want to wear one and isn't into the whole Princess thing -so then why go to a princess meal??? Or you don't remember what it's like to WANT to be a princess as a child and just don't want to be bothered GETTING her the dress ...

I'd LOVE to have a daughter to take to a princess meal in a princess dress ... :rotfl:lord help me if I'm ever blessed with a girl ... I was one of those tomboys that LOVED to LIVE in dresses as a kid, so all of these fabulous girly dresses y'all make ... yeah, I'd go nuts making them :cool1:

:lmao: I agree with your sentiments completely!! I waited a good long time before I was blessed with my baby girl, and I would be caught running naked through Disney World before I'd take her to a princess meal not dressed as a princess! :eek:

That turned out really cute! :)

I managed to make two Jessie dresses this week...
aCIMG8852.jpg

aCIMG8855.jpg

aCIMG8859.jpg

And my favorite part... I lined the bodice in Cow... LOL :rotfl2: It's a fact - I'd be the only one who felt that it completed an outfit. :hippie:
aCIMG8860.jpg

Now I'm on to the BG wallets... I finished Tink and Ariel this morning, and nearly half done with HP... I have the Star Wars and Mickey all cut out and ready to sew up tomorrow morning. :wizard:

D~

D you've outdone yourself once again!! You have no idea how many of your photos are in my CASE folder!! If I ever get time to sew again my little girl is gonna half some life size creations inspired by you and you alone! I'm missing my "down time" I use to have to sew...I seriously think I get grouchier by the day the longer it's been.

The Easter Bunny came!!
She finally fell asleep. Now hubbykins has to get up before her tomorrow and hide the eggs outside
Easter2011048.jpg

Wow!! She's gonna love all that fun stuff!! The "scouts" must have given her a clear report ;)

DS#1 is getting:
puppy webkins
bunny lil webkins
1 large lolly
The Story of Easter book

DS#2 is getting:
1 box of bunny nerds
1 large lolly

WOWZA!! They made out like little bandits this Easter!!

Our boys aren't getting as much this year, we're trying to keep it simple since they are so overloaded with toys already. The boys are both getting those Mega Blocks dragons, some Cars cars, harmonicas, and then candy and money filled eggs. Baby girl is getting a soft blanket, a car seat toy and some cute butterfly leggings I spotted at Target.

wow, the bunny is very generous at your house....you must have a good little ones!!

Megan's growning out of the basket stage, but still likes getting a few things...

choc bunny
peeps
egg shaped bubble gum
bunny pez's
egg shaped M&M's
littlest pet shop creature

:lmao: I agree with your sentiments completely!! I waited a good long time before I was blessed with my baby girl, and I would be caught running naked through Disney World before I'd take her to a princess meal not dressed as a princess! :eek:

D you've outdone yourself once again!! You have no idea how many of your photos are in my CASE folder!! If I ever get time to sew again my little girl is gonna half some life size creations inspired by you and you alone! I'm missing my "down time" I use to have to sew...I seriously think I get grouchier by the day the longer it's been.

Wow!! She's gonna love all that fun stuff!! The "scouts" must have given her a clear report ;)

WOWZA!! They made out like little bandits this Easter!!

Our boys aren't getting as much this year, we're trying to keep it simple since they are so overloaded with toys already. The boys are both getting those Mega Blocks dragons, some Cars cars, harmonicas, and then candy and money filled eggs. Baby girl is getting a soft blanket, a car seat toy and some cute butterfly leggings I spotted at Target.

The list of stuff my boys are getting is because I had to buy things while out on "secret missions" by myself over the last couple of months ... and I kept forgetting what I'd already bought ... :lmao: Oh well! I'm totally NOT hiding eggs this year ... I'm going to tell them the EB was worried about all the storms we've been having lately so he brought them the lollys instead :idea:

I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER!!!!!

We are having a huge fight tonight and it is clearly winning. It has never been right so I decided to play around with it tonight. HUGE mistake. Now it is WAY OFF and I can't even get it close to the better "off" it was before. I even broke a needle on it tonight. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! It may go flying out the window. Look out below (it will be coming from a second story window). We fought, I went to bed. I couldn't sleep b/c it wasn't fixed, got up, have spent over three hours now battling with it. I give up.

Great job ~ very pretty!

getting closer....here's one more post to get it along!

went to the Disney Store today to stock up on GC for the Big Gives and found a few pixie dust items on sale!

we are going to see African Cats tonight, so excited!
We saw African Cats yesterday ~ the theater was packed! I was on the Masai Mara game reserve 21 years ago!

th_aCIMG8852.jpg

th_aCIMG8855.jpg

th_aCIMG8859.jpg

And my favorite part... I lined the bodice in Cow... LOL :rotfl2: It's a fact - I'd be the only one who felt that it completed an outfit. :hippie:
th_aCIMG8860.jpg

Now I'm on to the BG wallets... I finished Tink and Ariel this morning, and nearly half done with HP... I have the Star Wars and Mickey all cut out and ready to sew up tomorrow morning. :wizard:

D~
WOW!!! I think that's a favorite of mine!

It was a plain tshirt that I cut the bottom 3/4 off of. I then did the mickey head for her as today was the first time she ever used the sewing machine. Once I was done it was her turn. I had her turn the stitch to the longest stitch and I let her do 2 basting stitches next to each other and then she pulled the bobbin thread and gathered the fabric so it would be the same size as the shirt. Then I helped her pin it to the shirt and she sewed it to the shirt and I then took over and did a zig zag over the raw edges since I don't have a serger.
It was so wonky that I took another long scrap that we cut off the fabric and I let her sew that wrong sides together and then turn it right side out. I finished the end for her.Tied it around her to hide the very crooked sewing.
The sleeves are just rolled up and then tied with ribbon. She has sensory issues and does not like the short sleeves on her arms so all her t-shirts get tied up that way. that is all we did to make that. no need to hem the skirt portion as the sheet company did it for us already LOL.
Thank you for explaining that. I thought the top part might be a t but I couldn't quite figure it out.

Hey everyone!

Happy Easter!!...(a bit early but I may not get on here tomorrow so... :)

TMTQ..but I love everything that has been posted over the last couple of days.

D, love the Jessie dresses and the cow print lining. Very cute.

I have been a little busy and in an effort to help us get to 250 here are a few photo's of my 2nd and 3rd projects.

2nd project ever...Pillow case mini dress with ruffle/easy fit pants....DD doesn't like it she says it looks like a clown suite....I think it was a little to colorful or maybe its the "dots":rotfl: In hinds sight I could have used the solid fabric for the main part of the pants and the dots for the cuff. That would have broken it up a little....:confused3 oh well...I won't force her to wear it...I promise

th_P4160005.jpg

th_P4160006.jpg

3rd project ( aka dress 1 of 14 for our disney trip this summer) Minnie dot peasant dress...just waiting on my local store to get some wonder under or something like it so I can try Heathers Sue's applique tut...and add Minnie head. This trip is also a surpirse so I will have to wait until we are closer and I can start packing or the Minnie head will be a dead giveaway..

I think I may get out my seam ripper and take the ribbon off and move it down so its not on the elastic casing...it takes away the dresses ability to stretch in that area. Maybe line it up right under it. Any suggestions???

th_P4230012.jpg
Love both -- even the *clown pants*.

Ok finished this up tonight...sorry about the darkness still learning how to make my camera take night pictures (only had it a year now :) )
th_Easter2011037.jpg

th_Easter2011039.jpg

not happy Im interrupting her DRAGON BALL Z to try on a top

th_Easter2011042.jpg

back super blurry sorry
Super cute and what fun fabric!

okay helping us move along.

Here are some Mickey Head Shirts for a pixie dusting I am doing
th_DSC00821.jpg

Here is DDs entire outfit
th_DSC00819.jpg

and a skirt I made for myself. I love this fabric. I am wearing a yellow tank top with it and either a cardigan or if I can find the denim jacket I want to wear.
th_DSC00823.jpg

Loving all the stuff being posted tonite.
Everything is great but I especially love your skirt!

I have been lurking but not saying much lately. I have been in a sewing slump! When I don't sew for awhile, I get nervous to start again. SInce my DD will be two on Friday, I finally got myself to the sewing machine to make her a birthday dress.

Here is the finished product:
th_IMG_6204.jpg

I really need to start planning for our DW trip in Sept. We are staying extra days, so extra dresses

Good job on the dress! I hope you get to keep your sewing mojo now that you are back at it.

Okay ... so these are NOT Disney outfits, but I really wanted to share some of the pictures from DS#1 and his BFF's joint star wars birthday party ... We asked the guests to come in costumes if they wanted ... so of course we all had to dress up too ...
Here's a group shot:
th_243.jpg

That looked like a great party!

I have been playing catch up and finishing up a few orders. Here is what I worked on this week.

and the complete outfit:
th_Tinkskirtandshirt.jpg

And AK shirts (individually and then together). I made them coordinating:
th_AKSHIRTS.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Amazing job like usual!

I keep thinking I'm done with outfits for our May trip and then either myself or DH comes up w/ something. I made this gem shirt for my older dds and myself to wear when the baby wears her Aurora dress and my ds and DH wear the Princess Protection Agency shirts I ordered off of etsy.

th_IMG_2714.jpg

Then I made this taggie for the baby b/c she loves the one my mom made but I thought she needed a Disney one for WDW.

th_IMG_2712.jpg

And now my dh told me I need to make an outfit for the baby to wear to 'Ohanas - he plans of buying outfits for everyone else while at WDW.

The bling shirt is cool. I am sure the taggie will get lots of use!

Here's some of my latest stuff (I have to upload pictures from other stuff):

For my cousin's baby, her birthday was in March:

th_172857_1809698318765_1129174777_2104397_7955_o.jpg

And for my friend to announce she's having #7!

th_100_7044.jpg

Cute dresses!

We are headed to Disney on Ice tomorrow and I finally got DD's dress made! She picked out the fabrics and trim.

221659_10150220538825973_631255972_8848190_6441409_n.jpg

Good job on the dress! She picked well!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. Had some projects to do. Entered our daughter in her first pageant--she won "best dressed" in her age division and had all those everyday things going on to get caught back up on. And now it's time to get a project for an unofficial give done, plus two projects for a co-worker and the 1st grade teachers... Then I have to do the next dress and theme-wear (nautical) for DD's next pageant.

But here are pics of her pageant dress and theme-wear (Flower Power Retro Wear). I didn't realize when I started making her dress and adding the decorative touches how much it looked like Cinderella's dress until my BFF pointed it out.

th_FlowerPowerPageant4-2-2011029-1.jpg

Cute outfits!

Okay! Excuse my feet in these pics, but here are the decoupaged dinosaur jeans I made for Sheriff Shortstuff this afternoon

th_205800_10150163412891188_623451187_6915852_5301612_n-1-1.jpg

I definitely learned that straight lines are WAY easier to do a project like this (rather than the rounded edges I used on these dinos) ... and that I like using the multi-shade thread better than a solid (I used blue on one leg and switched to multi-green for the other when I ran out of the blue - way less left on the spool than I thought

You did a good job on those jeans.

Happy Earth Day....

I thought I'd do my part to help move this thread to 250 before the weekend. Anyway, I made this a couple of years ago for Earth Day. I don't think I ever shared it here though. Sorry about the shadows.

th_ed6-1.jpg

And this was a classic Minnie I made awhile back. I wanted to try something new, so I added ruffles to the shirred back. I also made a little clear pouch for a key card or other treasures.

th_minnie10.jpg
Both of those outfits are great. Thanks for sharing!

Doing my part to get to 250!

I was offered a new job yesterday and I am soooooooooo happy! I've been working minimum wage for about 6 months now and this new position pays more than twice that. I was really struggling paying rent and credit card bills and student loans and I'm excited to be able to breathe a little money-wise. I still hate that I won't be using my 6 years of post-secondary education but there are just no jobs in my field right now!

Anyway, the new job starts Tuesday. The schedule is horrendous (3:30-11:30 Sat-Wed) and it's over an hour away by bus but I'll take it!!

So happy to have today off as I've had a busy week! It was my birthday on Monday and my brother's yesterday. With Easter on top od that I am so full of sugar right now!! I'm going to get started on a bag that a friend asked me to make her. If we still haven't moved I'll post pics of the fabrics later.

Happy long weekend, all!

Congrats on your new job. Hopefully you will be able to find something in your field soon.

I finished up the last outfit for our May trip. This is for dinner at 'Ohanas. I need to stop looking here and etsy b/c I keep adding things I need to make.

Here's Little Miss C modeling:
th_IMG_2740.jpg

Thanks for looking and for all the inspiration you all provide.

That dress is amazing!

My part to help move it along
Easter outfit done w/ purse and bow
th_1-NewDressIamMaking005.jpg

Great outfit. I like the spring colours.

Doing my part to move this thread along. I finally ordered the Kyoko pattern from Modkids and it arrived. I went out yesterday and found some fabric on sale at my Hancocks for a dollar so I got 4 yards because it was so cute. Here is the finished product. I kept the sleeves long because it is for a multicultural festival.

224861_215856025094212_100000094487162_900981_7585087_n.jpg

Thanks for looking.

The top looks great. I like the colour combination.

Thank you Ellen! I wasn't scrolling down far enough! Disregard my dd messy hair. It was early!

216090_10150560359210557_637540556_18289942_4199919_n.jpg

That's a beautiful dress. I thought we are not allowed to apologize for messy hair around here?

Did you see that recently, if so, where in the store was it? I would love to have that for my sewing room!

My oldest DD is a Nanny and her youngest was turning two last week so she asked me to make something Tiana for her. I decided to try the scallopini I don't know what ever possessed me to try this for someone I didn't even know but it turned out OK. It was much easier than I thought it would be and as with every pattern of Carla's she walks you through it step by step!
th_Eds50thBirthday322.jpg

Wow. That skirt is beautiful!

Helping with the move, here are a couple of things I've been working on.

My first jellyroll dress, I love the colors but I'm still feeling like it needs something... Maybe a sash?

And my first attempt at CASEing something I saw on Zullily for a price I wasn't willing to pay, this one is just a bandanna skirt attached to a black onesie to try it out. The next one will be on a tank top and I'll applique a star on the the shirt, but I lack the confidence to try to finangle hand-appliqueing on a onesie.

2950666120051332420S500x500Q85.jpg

I am not sure what to suggest for your jellyroll dress. I like your CASE dress.

Over the summer one of the Kindergarten teachers ( also a HUGE Disney fan) called me and asked if she brought me the fabric would I make her curtains for her class room. Well the fabric was actually sheets. She told me I could keep the scraps that she would not need them. So my 8 yr old came to me today and asked if she could sew something so I said sure let me embroider for ya first and then I will teach you the art of gathering and you can add the gather to the top. Here is her/our finished product with the curtain/sheet scraps:

th_HairstylesandClothes017.jpg
I think the two of you make a great sewing team. Good job.

th_aCIMG8852.jpg

And my favorite part... I lined the bodice in Cow... LOL It's a fact - I'd be the only one who felt that it completed an outfit.
th_aCIMG8860.jpg

D~

Your outfits are always so inspiring. I think the cow print speaks to the level of attention you pay to the detail of your outfits (which by the way is a great thing!)

3rd project ( aka dress 1 of 14 for our disney trip this summer) Minnie dot peasant dress...just waiting on my local store to get some wonder under or something like it so I can try Heathers Sue's applique tut...and add Minnie head. This trip is also a surpirse so I will have to wait until we are closer and I can start packing or the Minnie head will be a dead giveaway..

I think I may get out my seam ripper and take the ribbon off and move it down so its not on the elastic casing...it takes away the dresses ability to stretch in that area. Maybe line it up right under it. Any suggestions???

th_P4230012.jpg

Good job on your projects. I am wondering if you can replace the ribbon with a bow sash if you decide to rip it out?

Ok finished this up tonight...sorry about the darkness still learning how to make my camera take night pictures (only had it a year now)
th_Easter2011037.jpg

I like the print on the fabric!

okay helping us move along.

Here are some Mickey Head Shirts for a pixie dusting I am doing

Here is DDs entire outfit

and a skirt I made for myself. I love this fabric. I am wearing a yellow tank top with it and either a cardigan or if I can find the denim jacket I want to wear.
th_DSC00823.jpg

Loving all the stuff being posted tonite.

Looks like you have been busy! (Sorry can't quote all pictures due to the limit)

Well, I will help a tiny bit move us along. I feel like I have been in an allergy fog for weeks! I decided to check in tonight to see how everyone was doing and to let you know that DH says I can get a brother 770 in just a few weeks. I have been saving for a while and I think I have finally made it.

Hopefully I will now get some sewing done

Hope everyone has a moving buddy.

Congrats on your upcoming purchase!

That turned out really cute! :)

aCIMG8852.jpg

aCIMG8855.jpg

aCIMG8859.jpg

aCIMG8860.jpg

D~

That may be my favorite out of all your creations so far! Just awesome!

I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER!!!!!

We are having a huge fight tonight and it is clearly winning. It has never been right so I decided to play around with it tonight. HUGE mistake. Now it is WAY OFF and I can't even get it close to the better "off" it was before. I even broke a needle on it tonight. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! It may go flying out the window. Look out below (it will be coming from a second story window). We fought, I went to bed. I couldn't sleep b/c it wasn't fixed, got up, have spent over three hours now battling with it. I give up.

Great job ~ very pretty!

We saw African Cats yesterday ~ the theater was packed! I was on the Masai Mara game reserve 21 years ago!

WOW!!! I think that's a favorite of mine!

Thank you for explaining that. I thought the top part might be a t but I couldn't quite figure it out.

Love both -- even the *clown pants*.

Super cute and what fun fabric!

Everything is great but I especially love your skirt!

sorry you're fighting with your serger...give it a kick!

today the theatre was about half full....wow, that must of been an amazing trip you had!

well I guess we aren't getting switched over....off to bed!

Happy Easter everyone!

Someone was just looking for Star Wars fabric and I don't remember who it was but I was at Wal Mart today and they had Star Wars sheet sets on clearance for $15! That's a whole lot of fabric for that price!

Hope somebody finds this useful!

Lori in East Podunk

I guess the move is happening later today.

I'm off to bed. Easter and birthday celebrations later today.

Just popping in to see if we've moved yet.

I got up to make my ADRs for my no kids 10th anniversary trip in Oct, but miscalculated so I guess I'll be getting up early tomorrow too! :rotfl2: Back to bed now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!