Disboutiquers Part 16 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Sorry for the 'drive by post' but things have been busy plus I recently got hooked on Facebook. Any time I have for the PC has been used up there. LOL

I wanted to share this for people who like the Emma top and might want to modify it for a dress. I made this for a little girl to wear to eat with Pooh and Friends. (BTW - I'm hoping to get a tutorial for the modifications on my blog this week. I took photos as I made the dress so I just need to edit them and write the steps.)

tigger_pooh1.jpg

tigger_pooh2.jpg

I also made this Ariel Vida recently.

ariel_vida1.jpg

ariel_vida2.jpg

Lisa: I have a problem. There are only so many words in the English language to express my amazement at your designs, so I'm gonna have to pull out the big guns: it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. (sp?) I'm gonna have to start making up words, now.

I finshed the nemo set.
l_94f213c6c200491ca724b327856c225b.jpg

l_edfdbabd05c24286a14d064a9cef00d5.jpg

l_2d004dcfaabb4e15935d052c4f5b21bc.jpg

l_0b1129c0f9164f80b837d4b0f9e96f8a.jpg

l_4027d1a380ee4d4098e359b32e8214e5.jpg

l_e28a6a98926e41afb52991e1cfca3585.jpg

l_e3bc99ba6e314823a0ae5b90c72009c9.jpg

l_e7b886ba89b04acf84a12b4a7915976e.jpg

I'm now done with Alexis' disney outfits...
Yep I'm only doing 4 outfits for Alexis for our 13 day trip the rest of the days she will be wearing reg clothes.. :thumbsup2

Now I need to work on a shirt for my son
thanks for letting me share..

I thought about it but she said we need to check in at BBB at 7:45 so that will be cutting it too close since the buses don't run until an hour before park opening.
You can't get to BBB by 7:45. They don't open the turnstyles for ADR folks until 7:45 and then they only let you in to just before the train station and don't let you in til 7:50.

I could see how driving would be less stressful though.

I know I've shared on Facebook, but don't remember if I did here, so...We are going to Chicago to visit American Girl Place for DD's 7th birthday. We are hoping to surprise her with the trip. She knows we are going out of town, but all we've told her is we're going to Illinois. I'm hoping to keep the secret up until the morning we go to AG Place. OF COURSE she needs a custom, so I told her a little girl was going and her mom wanted me to make her a set, and that since Emily did such a good job with picking out the fabrics for the NBC set, I asked Emily to pick out the fabric for the AG set too. ;) I told her the colors of AG Place (hot pink, black and white) and this is what my almost 7 yo came up with. :D She picked the fabric, trims and tank, I choose the skirt style. I'll be working on the matching doll set(s) tonight. She LOVEs the set and has kept it on all afternoon (unheard of for her!)

IMG_5246.jpg

The skirt is quite full and fluffy - no petti needed ;)

IMG_5245.jpg

DD has decided that the tee needs more bling!

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg
SO perfect!!!!! LOVE it!

I thought I posted, but its not there-guess maybe I was out in the sun too long today (or just getting old, take your pick).
Thanks for the compliments on the balloon outfit. I was inspired by the great balloon outfits on here and I made up my own and did it by hand.
I love the American Girl outfit-its gorgeous! We went to American Girl in Chicago last year but it was at the old location. I cant wait to go back and see the new store. This is what my daughter wore last year. We got so many compliments on it. It really gave me the confidence to keep sewing. Excuse the expression on her face in the first photo. She was not happy with me for trying to get her to stand still and take a picture-she wanted to get in that store! You can see how the mood changed once we were in :)
DSC02734.jpg

DSC02736.jpg
How about the Dis or your PC had a glitch?;)

Love your AG outfit!

I finished my first tunic! This is actually the first top of ANY kind I've made:

ponyofront.jpg

ponyoback.jpg

Unfortunately my "model" won't be back until tomorrow night :(
That is wonderful! She's going to LOVE it!!!

As most know from FB we did find my Mom's dog on Friday evening. It had been a horrible 3 days and we all felt just so bad. But finding Savannah gave us closure and we are starting to feel a bit better now that we know she is Home. Tearing up again.
:hug:I'm so sorry!

I wonder why Tink is still ok, maybe because she has a little attitude?

Well, since you mention it, Jacob was hanging over my shoulder and says, hey, I recognize that foot! So he brought me this from his room:

IMG_1928.jpg

So thank goodness no one is upset. But Jacob wants you to know...

the jury announces the defendant is GUILTY AS CHARGED!

CASE CLOSED!

IMG_1929.jpg
I think Tink was OK because there is SO much adult stuff out there with Tink so she's a bit "cooler" than the princesses. Of course now that she lost a tooth at Disney I think Tink will be always be held in high regard after she brought a Disney Dollar.:laughing:

I say Scrappy was framed!!!!!!! Poor Scrappy.........

Sorry for the 'drive by post' but things have been busy plus I recently got hooked on Facebook. Any time I have for the PC has been used up there. LOL

I wanted to share this for people who like the Emma top and might want to modify it for a dress. I made this for a little girl to wear to eat with Pooh and Friends. (BTW - I'm hoping to get a tutorial for the modifications on my blog this week. I took photos as I made the dress so I just need to edit them and write the steps.)

tigger_pooh1.jpg

tigger_pooh2.jpg

ariel_vida1.jpg

ariel_vida2.jpg
WOW!!!!! We LOVE Pooh in this house but I have to say that Ariel Vida is simply stunning too!

I finshed the nemo set.
So cute!

Lisa: I have a problem. There are only so many words in the English language to express my amazement at your designs, so I'm gonna have to pull out the big guns: it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. (sp?) I'm gonna have to start making up words, now.

I completely agree Nicole. For Lisa's next post, we'll have to say.....Wow, Lisa that is such a "kajshd;fjahsd;fuayeruwehjsdf" outfit!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

LOVE the skirt! Did you use a pattern? How did you get the skirt so full? I think my daughter would love a skirt like that.

I finished my first tunic! This is actually the first top of ANY kind I've made:

ponyofront.jpg
The fabrics you used really do a great job of mimicking water and bubbles. Nice job, very cute! ACK I deleted the image from the front...BUT you did a fantastic job on the applique!!

tigger_pooh1.jpg

Great idea turning that top into a dress. It looks great!

ariel_vida1.jpg

ariel_vida2.jpg
WOW! Such amazing detail. This dress is fabulous!

I finshed the nemo set.
What a fun nemo set! Very nice.

It's been crazy as usual around here. We just finished up another birthday weekend, so I'll try to post pictures of my daughter's cake and birthday dress here in a few. Off to put the kindergartner on the bus!

You all move so fast that I'm going to have to do a couple of posts so as not to surpass the 25 pic limit! (OK, I'm going to have to split this into about three posts b/c I tried posting and have 42 images -- no way I can cut that down)

I missed your post about your craft room and only saw Heather's response to it. But... CONGRATS!!! you're gonna love a room to yourself!

Anyway- my craft room has been an on going thing. Every couple of months I change things up, trying to figure out what is the set up for me, but the one thing that hasn't changed is the set up I have with my tables. Like Heather, I have an "L" shaped work area, but I have my computer desk seperate from my work area. I have also purchased inexpensive tables for my work surface and desk area. The tables I bought at Target on clearance for $89.00 a piece. The desk, I bought on clearance from Bombay for like $100.00- it was originally a small dining room table, but is the perfect size for my desk.

Here's an over all pic of the room. PLEASE EXCUSE THE MESS- I'm in the middle of making a quilt. And, NO, I'm not a baseball fan (curtains in pic) Those came with the house and I ahve yet to change them. I'm still trying to decide on a color scheme for my room- so they'll sit there until I decide!

My room is just about the same size as yours- 11 x10. You can see the desk to the left and my work area to the right. I moved my furniture all over the place in trying to decide on a set up- and this one was the best for me. I really wanted the table by the window, but if I did that, I couldn't fit my desk anywhere- and I wanted to be able to see out the window no matter where I was in the room, so, this is what worked out. What resulted was a work area I could scoot my desk chair to very easily- and I sew on the other side of the sewing table- being able to see out the window. Setting my room up this way allowed me to put 3 work tables, one desk and a big ol' bookcase in this small space- and I don't feel the least bit crowded in it! You can also see how I use the space on my walls above the work area.

th_IMG_6785.jpg

Also- use any space you possibly can! Even behind the door. Here I used corner mold metal strips, cut them to the length I wanted and turned them into shelves for my rubber stamps, but this would also be a good idea to put thread on!

th_IMG_6781.jpg

If you have a closet in the room- USE IT! My DH went to Lowes and bought the prefab white laminated boards and put these up in the closet for me. This is invaluable space ! I use LOTS of plastic shoe boxes ( 1.89 at Walmart) to hold all the little items that won't fit on a wall. Don't forget to label them to make it easy to find items!

This pic is only half of the closet and look how much it holds!!

th_IMG_6788.jpg

In the old bookcase I have in my room, I have used baskets to store sewing supplies , patterns etc and and photo boxes to store other things. On top, I have magazine holders for my quilt patterns and books.

th_IMG_6790.jpg

Finally- I posted a pic of my new desk set up last week. I love this set up! there is SO MUCH STORAGE HERE.... and my desk always stay clean and organized. I got those little cubby shelves with the silver containers in them for 12.99 a piece! that was a screaming deal! Normally the little silver containers cost about $30.00 alone! those little silver containers hold all my scrapbook embellishments and small sewing embellishments like snaps etc. The drawers under the computer screen were purchased at Ikea and hold a TON of stuff- scissors, batteries,oil for my machine- and all the bigger items for sewing that I couldn't put in my small silver containers. These drawers were reasonable in cost. They came only in a blond wood, so I painted them to match my room.

th_IMG_6739.jpg

Did I tell you yet, that I heart Ikea?? :love: They have AWESOME organizational stuff! IF you have one in your area, you really need to check it out! WELL WORTH THE TRIP! The closet one to me is 2 hours away in Chicago- and I go down a couple times a year (or whenever I feel the need to organize again!)

Well- I hope that helps

I want your room!!!! I am so in awe of it. Would you believe we have a 5 bedroom house, only two children, and I am stuck sewing in the laundry room?! I was also trying to share my craft area (scrapbooking and jewelry stuff) with the palyroom and it just didn't work. I even purchased a perfect scrapbooking desk/table and my kids took it over with their art work and puzzles. I am in the process of moving all my scrapbooking to the office and moved my beads to my master bdr closet. I wish I had one room for everything.

Well my parents are supposed to fly back from their trip tonight at 9:07 so I decided to finish the tunic dress I promised to make for mom a month ago! Megan took the picture:

th_IMG_1918.jpg

I made a little clutch/wristlet to match:

th_IMG_1870.jpg

And a little something for Scrappy! You can tell by the expression of his face that he hates it. I am hoping it will grow on him though. Megan picked out the fabric and I am happy with the way it came out.

th_IMG_1885.jpg
Really cute! I love the little clutches. And doesn't Scrappy look cute! My puppies are too hairy to even see their collars. But I see some doggie coats in their futures!

I have to go back about 20 pages to catch up. . . but wanted to post this now, and then catch up later:

Had my 32 week appointment yesterday. Isabel had her head down still - yeay - and she will hopefully stay that way :) Her heart rate was at 144 and the poking and prodding to measure my uterus got her SUPER active!! I'm measuring at 34 weeks - a little big, but they say you can be +/- 2 and that is normal. Today we did the 3D/4D ultrasound, she was sooo sleepy, but still looking adorable (at least to us). . .

My daughter ALWAYS has her hands touching or hiding her face, and has had her legs crossed at EVERY ultrasound - even back at 12 weeks! So it was no surprise that both were true this time!

My new favorite, love her open mouth here, lol:
20090821124120171.jpg

Such sweet pics! The time will fly now ~ just a couple more months!

Ok so I finished the girls stripwork twirly skirts. Thank you so much for the tutorial Leslie it was wonderful:flower3:
Unfortunately when I wanted them to model them & took them outside to take pics the heat change fogged up my camera lens ugh. So the pics of them wearing them didn't come out well.

Here is Morgan's skirt:
th_summerfun022.jpg

Here is Sierra's skirt:
th_summerfun030.jpg

I see more of these skirts in my future cause my girls love them.
I'd see more of those in the future too b/c they are awesome! I plan on trying a stripwork for dd for halloween and I can't wait. I really like how you layered yours as well. Just gorgeous.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. The boys' "Nana" passed away very early this morning. We are sad she is gone, but thankful she is no longer suffering.
My symapthies. Indeed so sad she is gone, but good to know she is now in a better place.

Most people use comic book backing boards.
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/Comic-Boards/
They come in different sizes so pick the ones that will fit on your shelves the best.
I didn't realize how inexpensive those were. Do you just need one board per fabric piece -- are they sturdy enough? -- or do you have double up the comic book boards? Either way, an inexpensive solution to make fabric look nicer and easier to access.

Just back from Hancock's - picked out some halloween fabric for my first Vida

th_002.jpg

Hoping to get started Monday when school starts back!! FYI - Hancocks will have all of their decorator fabrics 60% off the Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend
Loving all of the new creations!
Adore your fabric choices and can't wait to see the finished Vida. I let my dd pick out her Halloween fabric and she is sadly not a fan of witches. Had to have cats and the purple background on her cat fabric doesn't quite match the stripe on another fabric I had already selected. That's what I get for dragging a five year to Joanne's with me.

Thanks Heather and Karen!!! I am excited to redo my room. Before I started to sew I had a vintage reproduction Christmas decor business. The room served as my "headquarters." I needed a place to cut, paint, construct and glitter. As I started to sew I changed things up a bit to accommodate my sewing machine and fabric. About two years ago I closed by business. It was just too much with my dh working full time, in school full time and two children under three. I do not have a closet. I so wish I did. LOL I have beautiful windows and a great little deck off the room but with that comes less wall space.

This is my current fabric. I think my bookshelf could be higher. Also, the other big storage unit does not work for me any longer.

th_fabricmess034.jpg

th_fabricmess035.jpg

I loved the idea of an L shape desk. I have Ikea tables now and they are not sturdy enough. I found this desk in Pottery Barn today. It is a little bit expensive but I am in love. My DH said go for it. I have to do measurements but I think I am going to order the desk. I can put my sewing machine, serger and embroidery machine on the desk and still have elbow room.

th_1-2.jpg

Here is the room from two years ago. You can sort of see what I have to work with.

th_artroom003.jpg

th_artroom023.jpg

th_artroom023.jpg

th_artroom028.jpg
OMG!!!! And you were asking us for suggestions WHY??????? We should all be coming to you for craftroom advice!

OK-Let me try those pictures again. They looked huge in the preview and then came out tiny. I'll figure out how to post pictures someday.
th_DSC04342-1.jpg

th_DSC04345-2.jpg

th_SANY0085-1.jpg
Cute, cute and super duper cute! I never thought about ponchos covering up outfits. Here I am trying to fanagle around worrying about wearing jackets in December but at least I think our poncho wear will be minimal.

Here you go!!

http://my-sweet-sunshine.blogspot.com/2009/05/okey-dokey.html

Yep that's right. I should have put that in my directions. I can take a close up picture in the morning if you'd like.
UGH! I looked at your tutorial and then happen to have noticed your pictures on your blog and now you are completely making me rethink my Minnie dot dress I had planned for dd -- I adore what you did with the patchwork and I have a black fabric with circular patterned white dots that would look neat in a patchwork. I also really like the coordinating bowling shirt, and I have a son to coordinate with dd as well. I think you are causing me more work! I also lost one of my multiquotes, but my dd saw your Belle dress and fell in love with it. Ultimatley she is leaning toward Jasmine or Ariel, but now she may be swayed! You do great work!

DisneyKings I love your trip pictures!! Your little girls are adorable and I love their outfits.

Marah, the Ponyo Top turned out adorable, both of my children want one!! I don't think my son will look very good in a Tunic Top though, I wonder if I could put it on the back of a bowling shirt. . .

What did you use to make the applique? A coloring page? The Movie Poster?

Leslie, your newest outfit is adorable!! I love Chicago, I need to go back I haven't been there in a long time and I am missing it. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. Are you going anywhere else? Navy Pier? Any of the museums?
Snubie,
Congrats on the PE 700ii!

I have made 2 disney embroidery designs that came with my machine and also did a test run of a design I bought from Heather. We didn't applique it yet, just a test. That is all so far.

As most know from FB we did find my Mom's dog on Friday evening. It had been a horrible 3 days and we all felt just so bad. But finding Savannah gave us closure and we are starting to feel a bit better now that we know she is Home. Tearing up again.

Because of this I didn't have anytime or even enjoy the new machine. But with less than 30 days before we go to Disney and working FT, I must get somethings made for Disney. I did the boys bowling shirts and started my dress today for AK.

For MNSSHP we have a guest joining us and she suggested Alice in Wonderland. She as Alice me as the queen of hearts, DH as the king or mad hatter and DS as a card. Very cute but is it doable???

Does anyone have any ideas for an adult and easy Queen of hearts? I can do an easy alice.

Thanks so much for the prayers during such a traumatic time for our family.
I am so sorry about the dog. :hug:

Could you make one of the tunic dresses for the Queen of Hearts? There are a couple of commercial patterns out there for her dress as well. I would love to do the Alice in Wonderland for MNSSHP but my family wants to be pirates. You could also have your soon be the white rabbit or the cheshire cat instead of a card.

Well, since you mention it, Jacob was hanging over my shoulder and says, hey, I recognize that foot! So he brought me this from his room:

IMG_1928.jpg

So thank goodness no one is upset. But Jacob wants you to know...

the jury announces the defendant is GUILTY AS CHARGED!

CASE CLOSED!

IMG_1929.jpg
Hmmm we have found a few victims around our house that look like that. Usually they are build-a-bears. . . Sophie has expensive taste when it comes to destroying stuffed animals. Her most recent victim was Winnie the Pooh. . . poor guy lost his arm.

tigger_pooh1.jpg

tigger_pooh2.jpg

ariel_vida1.jpg

ariel_vida2.jpg
Gorgeous!! Your outfits are like painting, only you work in fabric instead of oil paint! I love the vibrant colors and attention to detail!:worship:
I finshed the nemo set.

Yep I'm only doing 4 outfits for Alexis for our 13 day trip the rest of the days she will be wearing reg clothes.. :thumbsup2

Very cute!!
You can't get to BBB by 7:45. They don't open the turnstyles for ADR folks until 7:45 and then they only let you in to just before the train station and don't let you in til 7:50.

I could see how driving would be less stressful though.

Driving to the Magic Kingdom is torture to me!:lmao: You have to park in that giant parking lot, then ride a tram to the TTC then get on a monorail or a ferryboat until finally you arrive at the park. :headache:
I would much rather take a bus and get dropped off right there at the Magic Kingdom.

Just thought I'd share with you all one of the many reasons it takes me so long to finish any sewing-

sewcatsm.jpg
I've got three of those problems myself, but believe it or not, they have been leaving my sewing alone for the most part. Can't say the same for my beading.

We just finished our trip to WDW, not home yet, but thought I'd share the pics of my simple outfits:
th_DSC04957.jpg
th_DSC05021.jpg
th_
th_DSC05042.jpg
th_DSC05081.jpg

th_DSC05088.jpg
th_DSC05101.jpg

It was very hot & crowded--I think we'll stick to off-peak seasons. We went during this time for DD's b-day. I had to wait in line for a fast pass to test track for 10 mins--the time on the passes changed 3 times while waiting in line! We did have a great time. BEST MOMENT: seeing DD's huge smile & constant giggle during her first ride on thunder mtn; STRANGEST MOMENT: when a bird landed on my arm while inside pizza planet; WORST MOMENT: when someone's kid threw-up on my stroller on the way back to the hotel one night (and the mom accused us of spilling a drink out of our stroller on her foot!)
Such great outfits! Glad you had a good time aside from the heat and crowds. I can't believe the barf episode though.

Your daughters look ADORABLE!!

Okay I think we saw the same Belle and we really really loved her!

Here she is "twirling" with Hannah:

image196v.jpg

But when we really fell in love with THIS Belle is when my middle girl and tomboy, Lizzie, saw her.

You see, two years ago on our way out of Animal Kingdom, Lizzie broke down into TEARS because her "secret wish" (so secret she didn't tell us even) was to meet Belle, and she hadn't done it. She was so genuinely brokenhearted that her sisters got their wishes (Hannah had dinner with Cinderella and Emmy got to beat the drum at Pocahontas' show) and she didn't that a CM who was sweeping actually called EVERYWHERE to try to find Belle for us. (He approached us when he saw Lizzie crying. His words were "NO ONE cries at Disney World!" He actually ended up giving her a few pins and she left in smiles. It was a wonderful moment!)

But anyway, of course this trip seeing Belle was a moment we could NOT miss.

I am not sure what all they talked about, but my "growing up way too fast" tomboy was enthralled with Belle! Then they turn to hug and take the picture, and I see my Lizzie has tears of joy in her eyes!

image216.jpg

image218m.jpg

Okay at this point I lose it (will also chuck in that it had been a very tiring and stressful day) to see her so happy, so I go up to tell "Belle" thank you for what she has done for my daughter...and we BOTH lose it. And Belle hugs me like I'm five and you know what, I was fine with it in the moment! (I also think Belle was trying not to bawl so this helped her too!)

image229.jpg

Of course as we left Lizzie and I are BOTH sobbing happy tears, and then we started laughing at each other, and the magic got us through some pretty tough moments later that evening and the rest of the week.

LOL SUCH an unflattering picture, and a tad embarrassing, but a wonderful memory. Thanks for posting that picture and reminding me to share it (since it was one of the few good memories we took from this trip, especially!)

Seeing things like this makes me soooo excited for our upcoming trip. What a special moment for you and your daughter!

We had a dress we brought along with a pettislip for a 2:30p BBB appointment. She wore the pettislip under her other clothes during the morning:

hannah1.jpg

Luckily the dress and accessories were small enough to fit in a shoulderbag nicely. I walked with them for a few hours (not a big deal). I didn't bother risking whether or not they would let her change there, and just changed her in a restroom around the corner.

hannah2q.jpg

hannahsb.jpg

Even though this was a Disney store dress (not a World or Custom) I really loved it for the BBB. It was fancy but not too much material for mid-July! It was nice and cool and she stayed in it the entire rest of the day!
Great pics! Did you make the patchwork? I was looking at a few old threads for ideas and saw not long ago that you didn't sew at all.

Thanks Aimee! The carseat straps would kill this set though. I'm thinking of letting her wear the BoutiqueOlliegirl Aurora sundress from the hotel. Simple, yet still cute and princessy. I could put the set on a hanger in the SLS clear garment bag and hang in on the back of the stroller or the front and let Gracie walk. We'll be going straight to the castle.

Is this okay for her to wear for BBB? This was our planned CRT set because Aurora is the favorite right now. I also have a pink painted carriage pure for her. I'm thinking without the pants and a petti underneath. It is long enough for a dress on its own without needing the pants.
th_Unknown.jpg
That is gorgeous! I think it will be perfect.

Love the BBB pictures! Sooo cute.

So I find this today:

th_IMG_1925.jpg

It looks like somone's foot but I can find the body!

I immediately zero in on the guilty party:

th_IMG_1924.jpg

But he's not talking!

I think I will be forced to destroy the evidence before Megan gets home. I really cannot find an animal without a foot any where! :lmao:
LOL! At lesat you know exatly who to blame. I have two mischievious puppies and still don't know which one chewed my new storage shelf in the kitchen.

Another new outfit for Claire for school.

th_DSC_4655.jpg

th_DSC_4656.jpg

Please excuse the look on her face in the second one. Molly was in the process of "helping" Baby Alive go potty...by throwing her in for a swim! :rotfl2: Claire could see and hear the whole thing out of the corner of her eye!

Anyone want a 21 month old?:rotfl:
Very cute!

I want your room!!!! I am so in awe of it. Would you believe we have a 5 bedroom house, only two children, and I am stuck sewing in the laundry room?! I was also trying to share my craft area (scrapbooking and jewelry stuff) with the palyroom and it just didn't work. I even purchased a perfect scrapbooking desk/table and my kids took it over with their art work and puzzles. I am in the process of moving all my scrapbooking to the office and moved my beads to my master bdr closet. I wish I had one room for everything.

I know what you mean! I had the same problem- trying to get several crafts into one room- that's why I have purchased so many little storage things. That allowed me to fit my sewing, scrapping etc. into one room. How big are the rooms you can use?

Driving to the Magic Kingdom is torture to me!:lmao: You have to park in that giant parking lot, then ride a tram to the TTC then get on a monorail or a ferryboat until finally you arrive at the park. :headache:
I would much rather take a bus and get dropped off right there at the Magic Kingdom.

This is part of the fun for us. My kids actually ENJOY the tram ride. :rotfl:

I know I've shared on Facebook, but don't remember if I did here, so...We are going to Chicago to visit American Girl Place for DD's 7th birthday. We are hoping to surprise her with the trip. She knows we are going out of town, but all we've told her is we're going to Illinois. I'm hoping to keep the secret up until the morning we go to AG Place. OF COURSE she needs a custom, so I told her a little girl was going and her mom wanted me to make her a set, and that since Emily did such a good job with picking out the fabrics for the NBC set, I asked Emily to pick out the fabric for the AG set too. ;) I told her the colors of AG Place (hot pink, black and white) and this is what my almost 7 yo came up with. :D She picked the fabric, trims and tank, I choose the skirt style. I'll be working on the matching doll set(s) tonight. She LOVEs the set and has kept it on all afternoon (unheard of for her!)

th_IMG_5246.jpg

The skirt is quite full and fluffy - no petti needed ;)

th_IMG_5245.jpg

DD has decided that the tee needs more bling!

th_IMG_5248.jpg

th_IMG_5247.jpg
Wow! Love the fabric! I think I might need to take your dd shopping with me. I also love how you added the ribbon. Superb choices!

I thought I posted, but its not there-guess maybe I was out in the sun too long today (or just getting old, take your pick).
Thanks for the compliments on the balloon outfit. I was inspired by the great balloon outfits on here and I made up my own and did it by hand.
I love the American Girl outfit-its gorgeous! We went to American Girl in Chicago last year but it was at the old location. I cant wait to go back and see the new store. This is what my daughter wore last year. We got so many compliments on it. It really gave me the confidence to keep sewing. Excuse the expression on her face in the first photo. She was not happy with me for trying to get her to stand still and take a picture-she wanted to get in that store! You can see how the mood changed once we were in :)
th_DSC02734.jpg

th_DSC02736.jpg
That must have taken eons to make! I can't even imagine all the work you put into the outfit!

ponyofront.jpg

ponyoback.jpg

Unfortunately my "model" won't be back until tomorrow night :(
Can't wait to see it on your model. It looks great.

Hey ladies, I have started skimming, but it will take me a long long time to catch up, everything looks fab though!

We are back from Disney World now, I was so sad to leave!

We had a mostly faboulous trip, and Taylor's outfits were a HUGE hit and created lots of pixie dust! I can't wait to tell everyone all about it. I have started my TR if anyone wants to read along.... I am hoping to get to the super awesome story from our first night later tonight in my TR.

The link is in my siggy, but here it is too: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33280175#post33280175
I'm following your TR. I am anxious to hear about your vacation, but I'm mostly anxious to see Taylor in all of her outfits!

tigger_pooh1.jpg

tigger_pooh2.jpg

ariel_vida1.jpg

ariel_vida2.jpg
No doubt about it, you are Vida Queen. The Ariel is beyond amazing!

I finshed the nemo set.

l_edfdbabd05c24286a14d064a9cef00d5.jpg

l_2d004dcfaabb4e15935d052c4f5b21bc.jpg

l_0b1129c0f9164f80b837d4b0f9e96f8a.jpg

l_4027d1a380ee4d4098e359b32e8214e5.jpg

l_e28a6a98926e41afb52991e1cfca3585.jpg

l_e3bc99ba6e314823a0ae5b90c72009c9.jpg

That is really cute -- love the Nemo. I have a Nemo custom on order.

I know what you mean! I had the same problem- trying to get several crafts into one room- that's why I have purchased so many little storage things. That allowed me to fit my sewing, scrapping etc. into one room. How big are the rooms you can use?

Our house is good sized, problem is we have too much stuff! Downstairs bedroom is the playroom. FROG is huge, but dh took that space over and it has a pool table in it and his model train stuff plus the mega size tv and Wii. Kids each have a bedroom and then the master bedroom. Our office is small and is right near the entrance off the foyer, so I have to keep it neat. I bought a cart for paper storage which is covered so it looks nice and have some things tucked in a cabinet, but I still need to get a few more storage things. We don't have a lot of wall space in this room because one wall has double french doors, one wall has oversized windows, and one is open to our LR and that's where dh has his 180 gallon aquarium set up as a room divider. So I have only one wall to work with.

I'm really stuck in the laundry room for sewing. It's probably about 6 feet by 11 feet (just guessing). We have cabinets around the perimeter, a long counter (where I have my machine and serger set up on) and of course the washer and dryer which we have stacked. I also keep the vacuum cleaner and steam cleaner in there. We just a need a 7 bedroom house -- additional room for my crafts and a room for the pets!

LOVE the skirt! Did you use a pattern? How did you get the skirt so full? I think my daughter would love a skirt like that.

Nope, no pattern, just math. I can post how I did it if you'd like. There's alot of fabric in that skirt and that's what makes it so full, but I think the quality of the fabric must help. It is full and I LOVE how fluffy it is! Emily loved dancing in it while watching tv last night ;)

UGH! I looked at your tutorial and then happen to have noticed your pictures on your blog and now you are completely making me rethink my Minnie dot dress I had planned for dd -- I adore what you did with the patchwork and I have a black fabric with circular patterned white dots that would look neat in a patchwork. I also really like the coordinating bowling shirt, and I have a son to coordinate with dd as well. I think you are causing me more work! I also lost one of my multiquotes, but my dd saw your Belle dress and fell in love with it. Ultimatley she is leaning toward Jasmine or Ariel, but now she may be swayed! You do great work!

This one?? It's one of my favorites!! It's the same concept for the tiered skirt as the AG Place skirt, very full and no petti under it!!

IMG_1097.jpg
IMG_1089.jpg

Leslie, your newest outfit is adorable!! I love Chicago, I need to go back I haven't been there in a long time and I am missing it. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. Are you going anywhere else? Navy Pier? Any of the museums? .

Thanks!! My DH and I went when Em was 2, but she stayed home with Grandma. We've been to the old AG Place, but not the new one. Needless to say Matthew and DH will not be joing us at AG Place. They might go to the Childrens Museum - he's not sure yet what they do while we're in doll heaven. We hope to go to Navy Pier the day we get there, and I'd love to go to Shedd Aquarium while we're there too.

I finshed the nemo set.

Adorable outfit! Your dd is so cute and she looks so happy about her outfit! Cool! :cool1:

I have to say that I spy :3dglasses with my little eyes...a stirrrup in the background....do your ride?????

We are now thinking of a take on the Incredibles. Just red t shirts with the iron on logo on black shorts. Ok, it is not spectacular but in Florida late Sept. it would be easy to wear.

FYI to all who post pictures.

It has come to my attention that pictures posted here have been copied and posted on other sites. (Some of those pictures were used to make fun of my child). Also there is something called "boardtracker" that copies our pictures to another site as does google.

Needless to say I will not be posting pics of my child on here anymore.

It has come to my attention that pictures posted here have been copied and posted on other sites. (Some of those pictures were used to make fun of my child). Also there is something called "boardtracker" that copies our pictures to another site as does google.

thats a really scarry thought.

also, lisa your ariel dress is TDF. Serena would LOVE it, wish i could afford it

Tha sucks!! Where are the pictures being posted?

Really? How did you find out? I'm so sorry this happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter