• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,, I made it, now let's see if my quotes from the other thread did.

Get ready for too many appliques (that still need the sewing part). Once I get the pieces on the shirt, I can knock them out pretty quickly. This is almost all of the ones for the trip. I tried to encourage the boys to coordinate, but not match exactly. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
th_may020.jpg

th_may021.jpg

th_may022.jpg

th_may023.jpg

th_may024.jpg

th_may025.jpg

th_may026.jpg

Cooper's Star Wars shirt. I haven't finished Jackson's yet. he wants Donald Duck as Darth Maul- not hard at all!!! Cooper wanted Mace Windu (not sure on spelling, don't kill me).
th_may027.jpg

And the panels cut out for bowling shirts
th_may028.jpg

th_may029.jpg

th_may030.jpg

th_may031.jpg

I still have some short to lay out-star wars mickey symbols (like the pins Shannon took pics of), friends around the world flags and kid faces and pumpkin mickey and goofy- all on the shorts. The rest of the time, they will wear khaki or black (or matching) shorts. I will make some easy fits, but some will be GASP store bought!

I will post again when I get some stitching on these.

OMG. That would have taken me a year to get just that much done, never mind the stitching. Looks great. I especially love the incredibles Bowling shirts.

Hi Everyone! Back from Disney and we had a wonderful, magical, hot, hot, hot, time!! Of course by hot I mean the heat. Didn't go below 95 one day we were there but we enjoyed ourselves anyway!

Here is one of the family:
th_DSC_0319-1.jpg

We were also one of the lucky ones to run into Teresajoy!!! She actually approached me in the Crystal Palace after recognizing my daughter Julia and thw outfits I made. I couldn't believe it!! What a small world! She was so sweet and so was her family! What are the odds that we would have been eating in the same place at at the same time???!!! I was so happy to meet her and introduce her to my family!

If she doesn't mind I will post the pic of all of us. Just let me know Teresa;)

Love the minnie dresses and bloomers. Looks like they were having a great time.

Aww man, my quotes didn't make it over.

Congrats Jacob.

Great mickey ballons outfit steph.

Love the smocking. Your mom did a great job.

Cute little cowboy outfit em

Oh yeah and April, when Teresa gets back she is going to be ticked that we had boys in dresses on the thread again. :rotfl:

Did you just iron on the letters? It looks great! That is a really cute pattern too. I might have to add it to my stash when they go on sale.

I got the Bandana print patches by Bondex (they are large rounded corner rectangles). I traced the letters reversed on the backside and cut them out of the oblongs. Same process for the boots and hat, just a different color patch without the print. Then Iron on and all done (though it doesn't look half as nice as appliques with sewn edges, of course!)

Get ready for too many appliques (that still need the sewing part). Once I get the pieces on the shirt, I can knock them out pretty quickly. This is almost all of the ones for the trip. I tried to encourage the boys to coordinate, but not match exactly. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

Cooper's Star Wars shirt. I haven't finished Jackson's yet. he wants Donald Duck as Darth Maul- not hard at all!!! Cooper wanted Mace Windu (not sure on spelling, don't kill me).
may027.jpg

may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

I still have some short to lay out-star wars mickey symbols (like the pins Shannon took pics of), friends around the world flags and kid faces and pumpkin mickey and goofy- all on the shorts. The rest of the time, they will wear khaki or black (or matching) shorts. I will make some easy fits, but some will be GASP store bought!

OH MY GOODNESS! I don't even know what to say!!!!!!!!!:worship: Sydni is having some serious incredibles shirt envy! Incredibles is her all time FAVORITE!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! You know how to make a girl feel good about her work! I started collecting clip art a while back but just started printing and tracing the back sides 2 weeks ago. I need a light box. Right now, I just hang them up in a window and trace. Anyway, I started ironing and piecing last weekend. I spent a lot of time last weekend and this weekend putting them all together. I don't get much time during the week as I work probably 70+ hours. It gets crazy around here somtimes, but I can work from home in the evenings. Not to ramble on, just wanted to say thanks for all the kind compliments. Now I can relax and sew a few a weekend. I have until Sept to finish them.

:worship::worship: I am not worthy to applique' I'm so completely out of my element... but at least now I know what to aspire to; I mean, WOW!

Bumping the new thread - I can't believe it's up to part 14.

may020.jpg

WOW! I couldn't find a smiley with its mouth open in pure amazement!
But I found this one..... :worship::worship::worship:
Amazing! Seriously Cool!
Your guys are going to turn heads in those!

Also Love the Mickey Balloon skirt! LOVE it!
Great idea! Turned out sooo Cute!

Oh, and the cowboy shorts! Super Cute!
You guys have been busy. And a new thread to boot!
Great close to the last thread Heather..... I loved it and "flew" right over ;)

I picked up some fabric for DD Cindy inspired outfit for her birthday... but it will be a while til I get to sewing it :)
And our BIG news is Hubby is going to WDW.... without us :scared1:
Short version of the story is he started going to the gym and trying to get healthier in Feb. He seems to like running and wants do the Tower of Terror 13K. It doesn't make sense for all of us to fly out for 2 days, so he is going on his own. I am not a runner but, I am really excited for him. Both for doing the race and for getting some time to himself. But I am jealous to ;)

STEPH!!!! I love Megan's outfit! That is just too cute! And CONGRATS to Jacob! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

may027.jpg

may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!

These are sooooo cool!! You are truely talented!!! Amazinig work!! I LOVE them!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! Back from Disney and we had a wonderful, magical, hot, hot, hot, time!! Of course by hot I mean the heat. Didn't go below 95 one day we were there but we enjoyed ourselves anyway!

DSC_0182.jpg

and the kids at Chef Mickey's:
DSC_0319-1.jpg

We were also one of the lucky ones to run into Teresajoy!!! She actually approached me in the Crystal Palace after recognizing my daughter Julia and thw outfits I made. I couldn't believe it!! What a small world! She was so sweet and so was her family! What are the odds that we would have been eating in the same place at at the same time???!!! I was so happy to meet her and introduce her to my family!

WELCOME HOME!!! Glad you had a GREAT time!!! More details please!!! DId the kids wear all their customs???? Did Julia wear all her shoes?

I got the Bandana print patches by Bondex (they are large rounded corner rectangles). I traced the letters reversed on the backside and cut them out of the oblongs. Same process for the boots and hat, just a different color patch without the print. Then Iron on and all done (though it doesn't look half as nice as appliques with sewn edges, of course!)
Oh! glad you found the patches. I need to patch a big hole in one of my hubby's work shirts. I was thinking of trying one of the patches on it.
I think it looks just as good. Only reason for the stitches around are to make sure it doesnt fray. I guess that stuff won't fray though!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! You know how to make a girl feel good about her work! I started collecting clip art a while back but just started printing and tracing the back sides 2 weeks ago. I need a light box. Right now, I just hang them up in a window and trace. Anyway, I started ironing and piecing last weekend. I spent a lot of time last weekend and this weekend putting them all together. I don't get much time during the week as I work probably 70+ hours. It gets crazy around here somtimes, but I can work from home in the evenings. Not to ramble on, just wanted to say thanks for all the kind compliments. Now I can relax and sew a few a weekend. I have until Sept to finish them.
Okay you are officially super woman. :worship:

Posting this again because I caught the tail end of the thread, and I am so proud of my mom's work. I only did cindy and the shoe and lots of instructions on how to smock. This was her first smocking project. I also want to show off this awesome smocking plate. It is by the company Cross Eyed Cricket. She is from Baton Rouge, and I love her plates. http://www.crosseyedcricketsmocking.com Plates are the patterns you use for the smocking.
189%20One%20Enchanted%20Evening%20small.jpg

This is the smocking plate we started with.
That became this:
sandrascam400.jpg

sandrascam401.jpg

sandrascam402.jpg

sandrascam209.jpg

I just realized Cindy is losing her eyes and smile. I guess my french knots need help! Cindy is supposed to be lifting up her dress because she realized she lost her shoe. Not sure if it comes off that way?? I wanted to show why her shoe was hanging out on the other side.
Once she stared smocking it I realized that Cindy would be under Hannah's arm. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! I told my mom to skip the horse and skoot Cindy over. I though a horse would look strange on the other side, so I did that teeny tiny shoe. I realize she doesn't have pink shoes, but wanted it to show up. Not sure if it looks like a show. I just came up with it on the fly.
Now I am thinking about ripping out the shoe and using a fairy godmother I have in another smocking plate. Wouldn't that look cute??? :)
I did change Cindy quite a bit too. That is why I did her myself. After she had already completed the carriage I found this OOP smocking plate that is just gorgeous with a better carriage and a better Cindy. Next time I am using that one!! Only problem is that I don't have the plate. I just have a picture of the smocking. It is hard to smock from a picture. Most plates have graphs on them that you follow which makes it pretty easy. I smocked the snow white dress from a picture and it took me FOREVER!! I really think I smocked it for 6 months... lots of ripping out and.. err. :/
Good thing the snow white dress is Hannah's favorite. I spent way too much time on it!

Here is another plate from Cross Eyed Cricket that I have that I plan on using when we go to DW(if ever.. DH is pretty against going there. he has never been. Hannah went by herself with my parents*gasp*).
199-Precious-in-His-Sight.gif

I'm going to either use this with the Smiles around the world or Friends around the world. It is just perfect!!!
Right now I am smocking a hula dress for Hawaiian day at church. Our children's ministry has theme days. I'm not really a fan of it, but this gives me an excuse to make this dress at least. ;)
Sorry for taking up another post. I just really love smocking.. can you tell? :laughing:

Aww Hannah is a cutie in that dress. And I love the kids' faces! :)
Thanks. She is getting good use out of it. Lately she wants a princess dress everyday. I need to make more so she doesn't wear em out!
Is it bad that I want to make an epcot dress with that smocking plate with no DW trip in sight??? :sad2:

may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

may027.jpg

may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

OMG!!! If this was me I would be so proud of the photos I would frame them. You make me almost want to have boys!!!! I can't wait to see everything done and on the boys. Fantasic job so far!!!

Thanks. She is getting good use out of it. Lately she wants a princess dress everyday. I need to make more so she doesn't wear em out!
Is it bad that I want to make an epcot dress with that smocking plate with no DW trip in sight??? :sad2:

I used the friends around the world fabric for the missions conference at our church! The Sunday School Teachers loved them!! Maybe you could use it for that?????

Question for those of you who have the Tunic Pattern - would 1 beach towel be enough to make a size 3, 6, 8 (one towel for each shirt)??? I havent purchased it yet and not sure if I will buy it just yet if Im not making beach cover ups for this weekend.

Anyone have any plans for this weekend? We are going to Ocean City to kick the summer off!!

Wow! We moved!!

Loving the smocking and the cowboy shorts!!
Also really impressed by all the appliqued t-shirts! I have some similar plans but on a smaller scale! You've been busy!

I used the friends around the world fabric for the missions conference at our church! The Sunday School Teachers loved them!! Maybe you could use it for that?????
I'm scared if I use it that I won't have enough when I go to disney. I am being crazy right?? I think I have 6 yards thanks to an :angel: on this board.
6 yards is probably way enough to make 2 outfits right? :confused3
I like the idea of the missions outfit. We usually have a missions week at church, but its already passed. I might just do an all the time outfit. :lovestruc
I seem to have fear of cutting fabric..

Anyone have any plans for this weekend? We are going to Ocean City to kick the summer off!!
Didn't notice your question.
I am hopefully going to be sewing. My neck is killing me from my little slip earlier, so I am having difficulties trying to sew right now. I am going to look for an accupuncturist and hope they can help me. My doctor recommeded it for my pelvic pain. Either that or it is going to be an expensive week because I'll need a deep tissue massage. :cloud9:
Hubby is going to be home, so maybe we will go out. We love to see movies. Maybe it is Star Trek time.

I don't mind if you copy for your kids at all. I would kind of mind if I saw it on e-bay or an embroidery design for sale like tomorrow, but what can I do? It's probably the most original idea I've ever had and I copied it from the signs that are everywhere so I can't be too protective. :lmao:

What, more pictures? Sure!

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

I used two different size balloons, 4 inch and 5 inch then got my scraps until I liked the combinations. I tried to match the ribbon as best I could from what I had and ironed it the balloons and stitched. I was originally going to do a vida with big balloons appliqued in the middle panel but when I found that extra shirt I just went with what I had. I think a vida or jumper with balloons would be super cute too.

Cute cute cute! He can match Megan, I made her a western outfit with red bandanna fabric.
Steph.......I LOVE this outfit...i mean I LOVE it!!!! You ROCK girl!!! Megan is so cute...happy birthday to her. Oh and tell Jacob way to go.....MVP....AWESOME!!!!

LOL Okay, trying again!

So I did my own "mini project" today and made shorts for Phineas to wear to the Hoop De Doo Review. My MIL says she has "cowboy shirts" for the boys to wear. So I took some of the $3.50 shorts from Walmart and the iron-on patches for jeans/pants, cut out some designs and letters, and made these (sorry I can't show you his face yet)

cowboyshorts1.jpg

cowboyshorts3.jpg

cowyboyshorts2.jpg

I know it's not much compared to what you ladies do, but I did feel kinda proud of myself they turned out okay!

Also,

Those with girls sizes 8-16 I found this today and thought it would be cute for a "bigger girl" Belle outfit!

2944.jpg
Awww those look adorable....I bet the little guys LOVE um!!

may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

may027.jpg

may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at all those appliques. They all are adorable, you are definitely one talented applique-goddess!!!! Now we must talk about these bowling shirts!!! They are gonna ROCK, I can NOT wait to see them all done and modeled by your sweet boys. I have to ask, will you be selling any of these once your boys outgrow them??? :goodvibes I love them!

DSC_0182.jpg

and the kids at Chef Mickey's:
DSC_0319-1.jpg

Welcome back Jessica....!!! I am so glad to hear that you guys had a great trip. I love the pictures..we must see more. Have you started your TR yet?? LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter