Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did my own "mini project" today and made shorts for Phineas to wear to the Hoop De Doo Review. My MIL says she has "cowboy shirts" for the boys to wear. So I took some of the $3.50 shorts from Walmart and the iron-on patches for jeans/pants, cut out some designs and letters, and made these (sorry I can't show you his face yet)

cowboyshorts1.jpg

cowboyshorts3.jpg

cowyboyshorts2.jpg

I know it's not much compared to what you ladies do, but I did feel kinda proud of myself they turned out okay!

I love the shorts!! My first project I posted on here was a no sew outfit. (I had never touched a sewing machine!!) I used Aleenes OK to Wask it and it held up pretty well.

IMG_3065.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg

Hey everyone! I have not been on the boards in six weeks. We had a great trip back in March and I am looking forward to the next one! Today my DD got a package in the mail from the super talented Jessica. If you do not know already I am huge fan of her designs. Look how cute this one turned out.

Thing1002.jpg
So cute!

Can I whine a little?

Our front window is leaking like CRAZY. Actually, the ceiling where it meets the wall is leaking, the window is leaking in 2 places, and it's leaking under the adjoining window.

We've had a ton of rain, with more in the forecast tonight.f

I'm so frustrated. We had a window that leaked that we had to have replaced in our old house, and we've only been here 1 1/2 years. This house is only about 6 years old.

I'm extremely allergic to mold, so it really makes me nervous having this water in the walls. I can already see damage on the window and part of the wall, and I'm also worried about the carpet. I have towel wadded up on every part I can, and keep changing them, but there's really nothing else I can do.
Good luck with your window!

My DH has some leak in his car. He insists there isn't a problem and won't get it looked at. I won't ride in it and can't stand the smell of him or the kids if they've been in his car. I can't imagine how bad it will be this summer.:eek:

Please pray that Morgan will be able to accept moving. This is the only home in the US she has ever known. This is her security. She doesn't understand why the police can't just take the "bad" people away. (Wendy, if you have any tips?)
Poor Morgan. I hope you find a super place soon!

OK I think I figured out how to post pictures... So here is my attempt these are Carla C's Hemmed Peasant Dresses. I tried it in a clearance material first to see if I would really mess it up, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well they came out. I also ended up liking the material more than I thought. Heck two dresses for less than 4 bucks in material and elastic, I just can not complain.

OK I guess that it did not work. Let's try this..
Alright that did not work either.....

OK well I guess I did not figure this out so after 4 edits lets try a link and you can click it if you want.

Nevermind it is 5 times a charm not 4

AnnaFirstPeasantDress.jpg
Cute!

Y'all are KILLING me!! I was dreaming all night long of ways to modify a sun dress to make it look like Cinderella's dress for my niece, and I don't even sew!!!

I shouldn't have ever started looking at this thread. Now I have to learn how to sew, get the right fabric, and get a dress made in two months! :rotfl2:
You can do it!!!!

I went and got another massage with reflexology today- i think this baby is coming in the next few days, just my gut feeling- Im still having LOTS of strong braxton hicks and feeling pretty naseated last night and a little today, also VERY emotional, so I didnt wnat to post yesterday.
Love the cupcake bag! Hope your baby comes soon!!!!!

OK I was wondering besides easyfit shorts and the bowling shirt (wich are both great!!!!!) are there any patterns anyone would recommend for a 5 year old BOY. He will wear pretty much anything, and love clothes made by mommy!!
How about the patchwork bucket hat? That is super cute!

Just stopping by to say, I have loved all of the outfits posted lately! Haven't had much of a chance to comment. We leave for Disney on Friday and I feel like I've been on overdrive trying to get everything together and get all of the last minute projects finished. Her is the gift for Lauren's teacher. We really loved her and I wanted to do something special for her for the end of the year. I also made the girls some Tinkerbelle outfits that I will try to get pictures of today and post tomorrow, the pants for those outfits where originally pj bottoms, but they ended up being so cute I decided to make them into an outfit instead! :rotfl:
myprojects071.jpg
Cute bag. I'm sure the teacher will love it!

YAY! I have another outfit for Disney World done, I now have made 2 I like for Disney (I made the boo dress too, but it was my first attempt so I think I will redo it before we go).

Thank you all for the encouragement, a few weeks ago I said I wanted to learn to sew, but I knew I would never be able to make stuff I liked before our Aug trip. I still can't believe that I have successfully made 2 already..... I had already bought to customs, so I guess like 16 more to go.

I am really glad I found this thread.... the distraction of sewing really helped this weekend, I have really been bummed with DH in Iraq, and then on Friday night one of my favorite TV characters of all times died.... I cried like a baby, I knew it was just a TV show, but I have just been emotional lately. Jumping into this outfit after it went off was a nice distraction and I am happy with how it came together.

On a happy note, today was my 90 day mark for ADR's, I got all the resteraunts I wanted on the days and times I wanted, I got the early morning BBB appointment on DD's bday (and CRT for after), and I booked the VIP tour on DD's bday and 1 for my bday later in the week. Now I need to finish planning customs for all the other places we will be eating.

So here is the outfit I just finished:

Cruella.jpg
WOW!!!! Love that outfit! Love the fabrics you used!

So, last night with Daniel went just fine. He and Bill got back to our house quickly, because Daniel wanted to bring the food back to our house to eat - he ended up choosing Chic Fil A - which is yummy in my book!!! We watched Myth Busters and then I went up to sew while he and Bill played football first on the Wii and then on the PS2:rotfl: crazy guys!! But I could hear them laughing alot - so that is good.

Daniel didnt want his picture taken because he is on steroids and looks puffy. He is able to wear a hat now!!! Was it difficult at times to watch him - definately - I had to choke back some tears as he worked VERY HARD just to pick up a full cup to drink out of (I wanted to whack DH for giving him such a big full cup without a straw). His arm was so ataxic/shakey as he lifted it up - strength seems to be fair, but his timing is just off. He is just so thin - looking at him sitting in my easy chair it seemed that he looked smaller than my 6 year old neice. But anyway - I was thrilled to have him over and that he wanted to come to our house - I think mainly to be with Bill (Bill visits him EVERY day he is in the hospital), but thats okay - thanks for letting me share -

April - Daniel likes the one with the Eagles logo in the background the best!! He knows people are praying for him, and he believes in the power of prayer. He says thank you to everyone!!
I'm glad you had a nice night with Daniel. Continued prayers for him and his entire family.

I have been trying to sew an outfit for about two weeks. It's for Megan's birthday, which is Sunday, so hopefully it will be done by then.

BUT...I wanted to share something with my Packers friends. They had the last game of flag football and I was surprised when the coach presented the MVP award...

IMG_1368.jpg

The team ended up 2-5 and the coaches were, um, a little crazy, but I am super proud of Jacob!
:woohoo:Congrats to Jacob!

Whoopie! I finished. It took me so long to the appliqués, I had doubts. I used the Hello Kitty machine and the tiny zig zag stitch that I had to take a break between each one because I felt like I was going blind.

I hope you can tell what it's supposed to be. When we went in March I saw mickey balloons everywhere so I thought it would make a cute birthday skirt. Teresa's husband recognized it when they came over so I think I am good. :thumbsup2 The shirt is one I found with the easter fabric that never got made into anything and everything else was scraps or stash so this was a very cheap birthday outfit!

IMG_1370.jpg
PERFECT!!!!!

I finally finished the big give outfit. I had to finish today because I started work a week ago Friday and I am out of time.
BigGive1.jpg
Cute-I'm sure it will be well loved!

Hannah was going to wear the Cinderella dress that my mom and I made her for DW this morning to church. We had a bit of an accident on our way out of the door. It was raining and I slipped on the front steps and fell all the way down the steps taking Hannah down with me. My neck, back, and booty are killing me! Hannah seems to be fine. Anywho.. I had ironed this dress and had it all ready for her to wear, so I dryed it and took a picture of it. I hadn't ever gotten around to posting it before. My mom did most of the smocking. I just did Cindy and the shoe. This was my mom's first smocking project. I am so proud of her. I am teaching her how to smock, and she is doing so well. Oh, and I adore the angel sleeves on this dress! I need to make another one of this style. Oh, and the line is there because I just let out the blind hem and did a coverhem. I didn't wash it since I rehemmed.. hopefully it comes out. I should have taken a picture of my coverhem. I am loving that feature on the serger!
sandrascam210.jpg
Love that dress but I really love that photo!!!!

So I did my own "mini project" today and made shorts for Phineas to wear to the Hoop De Doo Review. My MIL says she has "cowboy shirts" for the boys to wear. So I took some of the $3.50 shorts from Walmart and the iron-on patches for jeans/pants, cut out some designs and letters, and made these (sorry I can't show you his face yet)

cowboyshorts1.jpg
Cute! I have some of those same shorts that put a purchased Mickey patch onto.

I love the shorts!! My first project I posted on here was a no sew outfit. (I had never touched a sewing machine!!) I used Aleenes OK to Wask it and it held up pretty well.

IMG_3065.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg

OK; now I'm jealous! You have/had mickey swirl that I would give my eye teeth for! Cute outfit, though !

Get ready for too many appliques (that still need the sewing part). Once I get the pieces on the shirt, I can knock them out pretty quickly. This is almost all of the ones for the trip. I tried to encourage the boys to coordinate, but not match exactly. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

Cooper's Star Wars shirt. I haven't finished Jackson's yet. he wants Donald Duck as Darth Maul- not hard at all!!! Cooper wanted Mace Windu (not sure on spelling, don't kill me).
may027.jpg

And the panels cut out for bowling shirts
may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

I still have some short to lay out-star wars mickey symbols (like the pins Shannon took pics of), friends around the world flags and kid faces and pumpkin mickey and goofy- all on the shorts. The rest of the time, they will wear khaki or black (or matching) shorts. I will make some easy fits, but some will be GASP store bought!

I will post again when I get some stitching on these.

Get ready for too many appliques (that still need the sewing part). Once I get the pieces on the shirt, I can knock them out pretty quickly. This is almost all of the ones for the trip. I tried to encourage the boys to coordinate, but not match exactly. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

Cooper's Star Wars shirt. I haven't finished Jackson's yet. he wants Donald Duck as Darth Maul- not hard at all!!! Cooper wanted Mace Windu (not sure on spelling, don't kill me).
may027.jpg

may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

I still have some short to lay out-star wars mickey symbols (like the pins Shannon took pics of), friends around the world flags and kid faces and pumpkin mickey and goofy- all on the shorts. The rest of the time, they will wear khaki or black (or matching) shorts. I will make some easy fits, but some will be GASP store bought!

HOLY you-know-what...you weren't kidding that you had them almost all pieced!!! You are going crazy!!! I'm overwhelmed by it. Remember the conversation that we had Friday about me finishing those 2 dresses today??? Ya...didn't happen. Nor did i get to call you back! Sorry...may have some house news soon. :rolleyes1 I'll keep you posted.

Hi Everyone! Back from Disney and we had a wonderful, magical, hot, hot, hot, time!! Of course by hot I mean the heat. Didn't go below 95 one day we were there but we enjoyed ourselves anyway!

Here is one of the family:
DSC_0182.jpg

and the kids at Chef Mickey's:
DSC_0319-1.jpg

We were also one of the lucky ones to run into Teresajoy!!! She actually approached me in the Crystal Palace after recognizing my daughter Julia and thw outfits I made. I couldn't believe it!! What a small world! She was so sweet and so was her family! What are the odds that we would have been eating in the same place at at the same time???!!! I was so happy to meet her and introduce her to my family!

If she doesn't mind I will post the pic of all of us. Just let me know Teresa;)

may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

may027.jpg

may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

Those are great! Those are some lucky (and well dressed, might I add) little boys you have there!:cool1::cool1:

I've been gone all weekend, but I'm back now. Just checking in on the new thread.

Grumpy pants subscribing!

I know I owe a TON of thank yous for all the nice things people have said about the cupcake purse and outfit for my niece.

They were both a big hit. I will absolutely be making the purse again now that I know how to do it, it will come together quickly.
and to whomever asked- yes- I bought the pattern at a quilt shop. i also have a cupcake placemat and runner pattern too.

These contractions (BH? I assume) are sometimes really,mmmmm...intense, but no progression. Its been 3 days of this. Ah well.
I got a glimpse of myself in one of our full length windows tonight- OH MY I look like a Sumo wrestler.:lmao:

I found this fabric at Joann's today...I think it looks similar to the ladybug fabric from Walmart, but these are poppies.
_MG_2509.jpg
That is adorable. I need some.. lol
Hopefully I can wait until it goes on sale!

The smocking is STUNNING your mom did a beautiful job. What do you use to smock your fabric?? Do you use a pleater thing or what?? AAlso did you guys use a pattern for the picture?? Awesome job, I love it
Yes, I use a pleater to pleat the fabric. That is probably the most stressful part for me. I have an old pleater that I bought second hand, and it is a bit finicky. I want to get a new one someday. The patterns for the picture are called smocking plates. I'm going to post the smocking plate info in another post in case anyone wants to give it a go. I have a few disney smocking plate sources.

*TOADSTOOL*
I sure hope you start to feel better soon. Maybe a visit to the bone crusher in the morning would help you feel better? I wanted to quote with pictures but didn't get it right.

I love the smocking on the dress and the dress! It is stunning. I don't know anyone other than you who smocks.
OOooh.. the bone crusher?? chiropractor I guess?? Omgosh.. I have had such bad experiences at chiropractors. I went to one for months and he never did anything to help my neck pain. And thank you.. I wish I knew more people my age that smocked. I know lots that are in their 60s and up though.

Farewell thread 13! Hopefully thread 14 will see the birth of a few beautiful babies, some fun Dismeets, and a few new friends thrown in here and there! Oh, and some pretty clothes, too!

So, everyone join hands and fly with me to the new thread!

What? You can't fly?

That won't do. What's the matter with you? All it takes is faith and trust.

Oh! And something I forgot. Magic Sizing!

Tinkerbellmagicsizing.jpg

Here we GOOOO!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31867764#post31867764

=
=
=
=
DON'T POST ON THIS THREAD!!

WE'VE STARTED A NEW ONE!!

FOLLOW THE LINK ABOVE!
Aw Heather! That is too funny. I needed a pick up! I love the magic sizing tink! LOL! We need to use that more often. DId you make that?? We need it as an emoticon.
]

100_1896.jpg

That smocked dress is to die for! I love the angel wings and the design is beautiful. I am in awe!

I don't mind if you copy for your kids at all. I would kind of mind if I saw it on e-bay or an embroidery design for sale like tomorrow, but what can I do? It's probably the most original idea I've ever had and I copied it from the signs that are everywhere so I can't be too protective. :lmao:

What, more pictures? Sure!

IMG_1374.jpg

I used two different size balloons, 4 inch and 5 inch then got my scraps until I liked the combinations. I tried to match the ribbon as best I could from what I had and ironed it the balloons and stitched. I was originally going to do a vida with big balloons appliqued in the middle panel but when I found that extra shirt I just went with what I had. I think a vida or jumper with balloons would be super cute too.

Cute cute cute! He can match Megan, I made her a western outfit with red bandanna fabric.
Thanks for the compliments on the dress.
I love pikachu.. Not because of the game or show or anything.. he's just cute!!
Someone on etsy has some mickey balloon designs for sale. I copied them for the shirt I did. They are teeny tiny mickey balloons though. I like your version of the huge ones. I agree.. Vida would be adorable! What a great party outfit.
Did you just iron on the letters? It looks great! That is a really cute pattern too. I might have to add it to my stash when they go on sale.

IMG_3065.jpg
MICKEY SWIRL ENVY!!!:worship:
Love that dress but I really love that photo!!!!
Thanks! Hannah just saw that picture for the first time and she thinks it is hillarious. Guess that warrants a framed picture for her room. :laughing:
may020.jpg

may021.jpg

may022.jpg

may023.jpg

may024.jpg

may025.jpg

may026.jpg

may027.jpg

may028.jpg

may029.jpg

may030.jpg

may031.jpg

WOW!!!! THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! They look amazing!!! Please tell me you have been working on those for several weeks and not just a few days.... I'd feel so unproductive!!
Hi Everyone! Back from Disney and we had a wonderful, magical, hot, hot, hot, time!! Of course by hot I mean the heat. Didn't go below 95 one day we were there but we enjoyed ourselves anyway!

Here is one of the family:

and the kids at Chef Mickey's:
DSC_0319-1.jpg

We were also one of the lucky ones to run into Teresajoy!!! She actually approached me in the Crystal Palace after recognizing my daughter Julia and thw outfits I made. I couldn't believe it!! What a small world! She was so sweet and so was her family! What are the odds that we would have been eating in the same place at at the same time???!!! I was so happy to meet her and introduce her to my family!

If she doesn't mind I will post the pic of all of us. Just let me know Teresa
Welcome back! Love the minnie outfits! Those shorts/bloomers are darling!

I know I owe a TON of thank yous for all the nice things people have said about the cupcake purse and outfit for my niece.

They were both a big hit. I will absolutely be making the purse again now that I know how to do it, it will come together quickly.
and to whomever asked- yes- I bought the pattern at a quilt shop. i also have a cupcake placemat and runner pattern too.

These contractions (BH? I assume) are sometimes really,mmmmm...intense, but no progression. Its been 3 days of this. Ah well.
I got a glimpse of myself in one of our full length windows tonight- OH MY I look like a Sumo wrestler.
Awww.. That sumo wrestler comment made me bust out laughing. I keep thinking you are going to post saying you had the baby or are at the hospital. I hated being as pregnant as you are. :laughing:

may020.jpg

Those are great. You did an awesome job.

pixiedust:pixiedust::wave::wave::teleport: :teleport: (Wipes off the pixie dust)......I made it before bed!!!!! Hello all! I left my quote at the last place....darn.

th_may020.jpg

th_may021.jpg

th_may022.jpg

th_may023.jpg

th_may024.jpg

th_may025.jpg

th_may026.jpg

th_may028.jpg

th_may029.jpg

th_may030.jpg

th_may031.jpg

Stacy!!!!! Oh my garsh.....that is sooo impressive!!! I mean that is amazing...you get the prize for boys outfits! :worship: Seriously....those shirts are wonderful! Have you been eating or sleeping or just sewing? I love each one! Oh the boys will love wearing them! Awesome job!!!!

I got a glimpse of myself in one of our full length windows tonight- OH MY I look like a Sumo wrestler.:lmao:

Oh you poor thing....if you didn't post tonight I was going to ask for you! Just so you know...I never went into labor....I just did the braxton hicks for a month....so hopefully changes you know where will happen and then you can get the show started with petocin....unless you are going all natural....I'll be praying for you!!! You can do it...its almost over!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Darn, I lost the quotes for Steph :headache: But a big congratulations for Jacob and I love Megan's birthday outfit!!! Really cute...I recognized it right away! Love the haircuts too! Now that recital is over, I gotta work on that for everyone! Summer is almost here! :banana:

New and glad I got in at the bigging of this thread. Don't really sew yet but want to. Need a machine first. Working on my mom for that. Well I have one that belonged to me grandma many years ago and it's missing stuff and will not run, so it it's a nice little table stand for now.lol
I have to say you are all very talented and I love to see the pictures of the kids. Mine are pretty much grown but my grandson isn't.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter