• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

The details of this year's event haven't been finalized yet. If its anything like past years, there will be some (not a lot) food at the Toy Story Midway Mania party on Friday night. They also expect to do a live podcast taping that weekend. Not sure what other events they are thinking of.

Sounds good, I'll try to stay posted!

I agree with Jeff. I will also add that you'll probably be too busy talking/riding to eat more than a small plate of the snacks during the event. Don't do like my DW and I did at the first TSM event (2008). We showed up at DHS sometime after 7:30 pm (official closing was 8 pm) hoping to catch some quick dinner somewhere (we weren't trying for Brown Derby and would gladly have settled for Pizza Planet, mind you). Most places were slammed or closed. We were starving however, so we ended up sitting at the Tune In Lounge (the bar next to 50's Prime Time Cafe) having a drink and some greasy but hot onion rings.

It didn't come close to ruining the evening but it isn't something I'll want to repeat, either.

Oy, yea I'd rather not start with lots of grease :( ( drink might be fine :goodvibes )

This will be husband's and my first Dis event, also. We are both excited and nervous, too. Any info will be most welcome. Any others from New England planning on attending?

Glad we aren't alone! ::yes::

My family was already booked for the 7th thru 14th, but I changed our flights to come in on the afternoon of the 6th for this. Never been before and looking forward to it, in the past where and when during the weekend has the podcast taping occurred? I realize it may not be the same but am curious nonetheless

This will be my first Disapalooza. I booked today, through Dreams Unlimited Travel. First time I've ever used a travel agent for a Disney trip, too. If a good deal comes out for the Swolphin, though, I will likely change resorts!

Either way, I'm so excited to have a ticker again! :cool1:

If I can get tickets to the event, I'm in. We will be there on that day. Doing AK during the day, so Friday night is open. Hope we can get in.:)

Just re-reading my old trip report, and getting myself more and more excited for this trip! Can't wait for more details! :yay:

Checking everyday, too.

Going on vacation next month, and internet on the cruise will be .... well.... slow and $$$. By the time I can get regular connection, tickets may be gone.

I will feel guilty if we go. We have a trip to DLR the end of October to take our 2 - 21/2 year old grand daughters to Mickeys Halloween Party. Hoping to get another invite to the Imagineering Halloween party also. There our SIL is running in the Disney Marathon in January. Good thing my 3rd daughter and new SIL will be home to run the business. Of course we are the DisCruise this week. We need help with our Disney addiction. Can anyone recommend a good therapist?

I will feel guilty if we go. We have a trip to DLR the end of October to take our 2 - 21/2 year old grand daughters to Mickeys Halloween Party. Hoping to get another invite to the Imagineering Halloween party also. There our SIL is running in the Disney Marathon in January. Good thing my 3rd daughter and new SIL will be home to run the business. Of course we are the DisCruise this week. We need help with our Disney addiction. Can anyone recommend a good therapist?

You don't seem to need help--you're doing really well on your own, though you could probably cram in another trip or two, since you have family to help run the business! I find that going to WDW is good therapy! Have a magical day!!!!!

We have modified our trip just a bit to include MVMCP on the 5th. We are also staying at POP! Only bring 2 of our 4 children with us.(Kathy & T say we have 15 kids lol) We are leaving this Friday for our yearly trip to WDW for 7 days.:cool1:

We have our annual Disney trip starting Sat. Dec. 7th - 14th, but we are wanting to change our flight to come in early on that Friday. I have never been to a DIS event and we are keeping our fingers crossed that everything else works out. What would we do about transportation after the event? Taxi? Just thinking about the logistics. We are staying at AK villas for the week but would prob get one night at AOA for that Fri. Hope we can meet all of you! -Amy

We have our annual Disney trip starting Sat. Dec. 7th - 14th, but we are wanting to change our flight to come in early on that Friday. I have never been to a DIS event and we are keeping our fingers crossed that everything else works out. What would we do about transportation after the event? Taxi? Just thinking about the logistics. We are staying at AK villas for the week but would prob get one night at AOA for that Fri. Hope we can meet all of you! -Amy

We like to stay at the Swan or Dolphin and just walk back.

I thought about that, but the problem I am running into is the whole magical express thing. Does Magical Express go to the swan and dolphin?

I thought about that, but the problem I am running into is the whole magical express thing. Does Magical Express go to the swan and dolphin?

No ME to the Swolphin. Nears has a fairly cheap shuttle though

What would we do about transportation after the event? Taxi? Just thinking about the logistics. We are staying at AK villas for the week but would prob get one night at AOA for that Fri. Hope we can meet all of you! -Amy

I hadn't really thought too much about it yet, but I'm thinking we'll take a taxi if no other transportation is provided (never been to a DISapalooza before, so I have no idea if that would happen). We are staying at AK also (but not the Villas).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter