DIS 10th Anniversary ... tracking attendance *new events added 7/9*

We've formally started our search for accommodations. We just looked at 22 townhouses and emailed 6 owners whose calendars are showing availability or have no calendar. I was a little surprised how many homes are already booked but I'm not used to going in July. I suppose that really is peak season. We have gone many times in late August but it is less crowded then. Hopefully at least 1 of the 6 will work for us. If not, back to the search process.

We've formally started our search for accommodations. We just looked at 22 townhouses and emailed 6 owners whose calendars are showing availability or have no calendar. I was a little surprised how many homes are already booked but I'm not used to going in July. I suppose that really is peak season. We have gone many times in late August but it is less crowded then. Hopefully at least 1 of the 6 will work for us. If not, back to the search process.
Good luck with the search!

Good luck with the search!
Thanks Heidi. I'm sure we'll find something. I'm being a little pickier than usual. Since it's July, I want a place with a pool. When we went in January, I didn't care. Still, there are plenty of places out there. I'm sure we'll find something nice.

We always did late August when I was a kid as many school districts had gone back but NY (where we were from) never started until after Labor Day. July is probably pretty high season

I am sure you will find some though though - or just monorail resort hop the entire time .... keeping one step ahead of security

or just monorail resort hop the entire time .... keeping one step ahead of security
Well I know enough people who will be there. Maybe we can just take turns crashing in other people's rooms (and homes for the locals). If I was by myself, that would probably actually work.

How many can sleep in a studio villa at Boardwalk? My guess is 11, so myself and my wife plus Jes, Steve and his family, and room for 5 more. I hear the tub sleeps two.

Last edited:

Jes takes up very little space in her flatty condition. She generally hangs out in my laptop case actually.
I was planning on packing the non-flat Jes in a crate and having her put onto a C130 and shipped to Ft Stewart in Georgia. I don't think they have magical express from there, so it may involve hitch hiking since we all know Aussies can't drive on the right side and women can't drive anyway. It may not work out

I was planning on packing the non-flat Jes in a crate and having her put onto a C130 and shipped to Ft Stewart in Georgia. I don't think they have magical express from there, so it may involve hitch hiking since we all know Aussies can't drive on the right side and women can't drive anyway. It may not work out
If you get Jes as far as Ft. Stewart, I promise I'll swing by and pick her up on our way down. @Princess Jes

I'd be careful Steve, it's a 34 hour trip and she will be locked in a crate the whole time. It could be a smell even you haven't experienced before.

If you get Jes as far as Ft. Stewart, I promise I'll swing by and pick her up on our way down. @Princess Jes

I'd be careful Steve, it's a 34 hour trip and she will be locked in a crate the whole time. It could be a smell even you haven't experienced before.
Naw you guys!!
Yeah, us Aussies smell like a combination of eucalyptus, kangaroo poo, fosters beer and BBQ'd prawns. It's a heady odor

Well if anyone wants to meet up with ol' KL, I'll be here in my office that week in July, just sitting at my desk AND NOT BEING THE LEAST BIT RESENTFUL

I will be helping treat patients in good ol NC, and i wont lie... im going to be very resentful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter