DIS 10th Anniversary ... tracking attendance *new events added 7/9*

Since this will be our only visit for the year, we may not make the show. Disney Springs isn't my thing on a regular trip, so I'm really debating this. We only have 10 days and no matter how much time it is never enough. I was hoping for in park meets (DS is not in park in my mind) so I will toss out my ideas.

I'd like a group of us to at least meet up and go to Jelly Rolls.
I'd love to take over the karaoke bar at the Swan (I still think I can sing despite what my wife says).
I want flat Jes to join us on the safari.
I want a sign up for eating/drinking around the world with Cory and Craig as our tour leaders.
I need to get a hug from all the women from the team. Kathy and JL, I'm coming for you.
A night on the Poly beach to watch Wishes with a pregame at Trader Sams

other things to do
Challenge Gaston to a pushup contest
Get a cronut
Stay awake for HoP and American Adventure (my favorite nap spots)
Get hired as a CM (a la John) though I doubt I can pack my tuba to audition, and I never got a call back when I sent my audition tape back in my college days.

I am happy about the venue as I am staying at POR, so it is just a boat ride away. I have made the decision that this will be our non park day, so myself and the girls will be shopping before and after the taping.

Where did they decide to do this and can someone summarize what's happening? I will not have time to watch the show until later this week. Thanks.
Live show being held @ La Nouba, as Steve said, on the 25th of July. Tickets to attend live show (and other events, not announced yet) go on sale noon today Eastern, for $25.00. Tickets sold, and all money raised that weekend, go directly to GKTW - BRAVO!!! :disrocks:

I am still jealous of all those that will be able to attend - enjoy!!

Since this will be our only visit for the year, we may not make the show. Disney Springs isn't my thing on a regular trip, so I'm really debating this. We only have 10 days and no matter how much time it is never enough. I was hoping for in park meets (DS is not in park in my mind) so I will toss out my ideas.

I'd like a group of us to at least meet up and go to Jelly Rolls.
I'd love to take over the karaoke bar at the Swan (I still think I can sing despite what my wife says).
I want flat Jes to join us on the safari.
I want a sign up for eating/drinking around the world with Cory and Craig as our tour leaders.
I need to get a hug from all the women from the team. Kathy and JL, I'm coming for you.
A night on the Poly beach to watch Wishes with a pregame at Trader Sams

other things to do
Challenge Gaston to a pushup contest
Get a cronut
Stay awake for HoP and American Adventure (my favorite nap spots)
Get hired as a CM (a la John) though I doubt I can pack my tuba to audition, and I never got a call back when I sent my audition tape back in my college days.

Our current plans are to do Trader Sam's and then dinner at Kona and then drinks on the Poly beach to watch Wishes on Friday, July 22nd. If others are interested and that time could work we could turn all/part of that into an unofficial event

Other potential plans:
- Saturday the 23rd we are planning on DHS - if they do the dessert party for the new Star Wars fireworks that night, that could be a fun meet up
- Sunday the 24th we are doing the early (4pm) Hoop Dee Doo Review so would have the evening free if people want to meet up places

I'm always in the office on Wednesday but just by chance I'm attending a training class today for a new PT job so I won't be free at noon. I assigned DW to buy the tickets.

As for the venue, it's fine. Honestly, I'm not excited by it. I was kind of hoping for a more "Disney" venue but that probably would have been prohibitively expensive.

Hopefully we'll have our seats in a few hours.

I think I had built it up in my head to be some super cool hard-core Disney location (like the ballroom of the Haunted Mansion or something) so this initially through me off, but I think it is a pretty neat venue and am excited to see what they do with it. I assume it won't just be some folding tables set up to record the show but rather some unique elements to being in the theater

I think I had built it up in my head to be some super cool hard-core Disney location (like the ballroom of the Haunted Mansion or something) so this initially through me off, but I think it is a pretty neat venue and am excited to see what they do with it. I assume it won't just be some folding tables set up to record the show but rather some unique elements to being in the theater
I'm sure they will make it extra cool.

I should be moving down to the Orlando area the week before the meet if all goes as planned!

BUT...I've booked Beach Club for the 22-26th!!

My mom will likely be staying there with me for a night or two. She will just be enjoying the resort and I don't think she will be attending any of the DIS events.

I will be at all of the official DIS events Friday-Monday, but will decide on other things later. Can't wait!

FYI - I've updated the first post with details that were just added by John to the main thread so to keep that updated for who is attending what events. Also have the registration link there just for ease of doing business

If I have any information wrong or missing anything, please let me know!

In the spirit of Cirque I think the podcasters should all be wearing spandex, feathers an face paint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter