Direct Add-On Timeline

DduzDis

DIS Veteran
I just bought a small contract direct over the phone to add to my recent resale purchase (same resort and UY). Broker said paperwork will arrive in about a week and just to sign and send back. Is that when the points should become available and able to view online?

Did you pay over the phone? If so, the points will probably be there quicker. Perhaps within 24 hours.

I just bought a small contract direct over the phone to add to my recent resale purchase (same resort and UY).

How was the attitude of the Guide when you called to make the add-on direct purchase? Was it available immediately or did you have to wait a little bit?

How was the attitude of the Guide when you called to make the add-on direct purchase? Was it available immediately or did you have to wait a little bit?

Quick and painless. I didn't know who my guide was so I started with a general inquiry over chat. They transferred me to my guide (on chat) and after letting him know what I was looking for he told me the points were available and sent me a phone # to call him directly. There is no negotiation so I knew what to expect for a price. Gave him a CC# and confirmed my info. Bing bang boom and we are done. I had to call him a little later and had to leave a message and quite frankly I was surprised he called me back so quickly knowing it was a small (still potential at this point) sale. No attitude whatsoever.

That's good to hear! I hope to do the same immediately after getting my number (I'm past the 2 week mark, but giving until 3 weeks to receive my letter first).

You should call. I bet you are good to go. My 2 weeks would have been tomorrow.

My direct points are now loaded and I have purchased the discounted Gold AP for our upcoming trips.

Can I ask you how much closing costs were and number of points? I called my guide and he said, "not much " also said mf are prorated and "not much ".

Can I ask you how much closing costs were and number of points? I called my guide and he said, "not much " also said mf are prorated and "not much ".

Sure - 25 pts and closing costs were right around $111. The MFs will be prorated but I don't think it is calculated until closing so I don't know that number just yet. It shows as 'Pending' on my DVC Member dashboard.

Wow, so they had points available right away! That is good to hear (especially since I'm the same UY!) Thanks for the roadmap for next week for me. :)

I just closed resale this week on BWV this week and called my guide for 25 points with Feb use year. They didn't have the points but got a call back two days later (today) that they were available so I gave my card over the phone.

Anyone know how long before I should be able to get the discounted annual pass, and use other perks? She said I would see the points soon but I'll be banking those anyway. Also when should I expect the direct purchase member card?

Thanks.

I just closed resale this week on BWV this week and called my guide for 25 points with Feb use year. They didn't have the points but got a call back two days later (today) that they were available so I gave my card over the phone.

Anyone know how long before I should be able to get the discounted annual pass, and use other perks? She said I would see the points soon but I'll be banking those anyway. Also when should I expect the direct purchase member card?

Thanks.

If you can see the points in your "dashboard" you should be in the system as a direct owner and can purchase the AP's. I noticed as soon as the direct points were in my account, I could access the DVC AP discount window on the WDW website.

Thanks.

You will have to order the physical member card from your dashboard. They don't automatically send anything. There is also a 'digital' card accessible from your dashboard that you can show if you don't have a physical card. If your card is blue, you are good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter