Direct Add-On Timeline

Thanks for the tips. I actually ordered a physical card (was given that option) right after I bought resale. Wasn't sure what card it would be but figured it wouldn't hurt. Guess I'll do that again after the direct purchase closes.

Update: points are already showing. But the printable ID is clearly the resale one. I guess the dea has to close before they show you the direct one that entitles you to the perks.

Last edited:
I called in today to ask about adding on 25 points, but I was told they couldn't talk to me about sales because of where I'm from (Canada). So I'll have to wait until I'm next in WDW, I guess...

Thanks for the tips. I actually ordered a physical card (was given that option) right after I bought resale. Wasn't sure what card it would be but figured it wouldn't hurt. Guess I'll do that again after the direct purchase closes.

Update: points are already showing. But the printable ID is clearly the resale one. I guess the dea has to close before they show you the direct one that entitles you to the perks.
You have probably already noticed the change in your digital card, but.. we spoke to a guide Tuesday morning for a 25 pt add on, had the points loaded Tuesday afternoon, but still a white resale digital card. But by mid day Wednesday the digital card was blue. Big DVC Fedex box arrived Friday with the docs.

You have probably already noticed the change in your digital card, but.. we spoke to a guide Tuesday morning for a 25 pt add on, had the points loaded Tuesday afternoon, but still a white resale digital card. But by mid day Wednesday the digital card was blue. Big DVC Fedex box arrived Friday with the docs.

I do see the blue card now online. Weird thing, when I first logged on (resale closed his week) I saw the same blue card and the next day it showed the different resale one. Anyway looks to be fixed now. I just got the 25 point add on Thursday so will look out for the box soon!

Interesting--so they give you the points and the updated card before the docs get signed? Assuming you pay with CC over the phone, get the points, new blue digital card, and then sign documents at a later point? Thanks, Greg

I called in today to ask about adding on 25 points, but I was told they couldn't talk to me about sales because of where I'm from (Canada). So I'll have to wait until I'm next in WDW, I guess...
That's odd, I've added on over the phone before, not recently. Maybe there has been a change. Are you in Ontario?

Interesting--so they give you the points and the updated card before the docs get signed? Assuming you pay with CC over the phone, get the points, new blue digital card, and then sign documents at a later point? Thanks, Greg
Yeah funny huh? I guess if there were availability immediately, one could stay on, or rent/transfer the add on points before the purchase even closed and was recorded. But, I guess the fact that the money has changed hands is what counts. As always. :P

We had access to our points and the blue card even before we had finished paying or signing the direct contract. I guess they figure they can cancel any ressie that you make with the points and flag the blue card as well. But it was nice to see it show up in our account right after paying the deposit. To bad resales don't work that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter