Dinner Shows for 2 & 3 yr olds

adamandallie

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip in Nov. I am trying to decide whether or not to do Hoop Dee Doo Review or the Hawiian one at the Poly. My kids at the time of the trip will be 2 and 3. Will they be able to sit through those shows or are they over their heads?

Both shows are action packed and I'm sure a lot of people bring young children, but we decided against doing shows this time for a few reasons....

(Keep in mind my baby is 17mos, plus 4, 6, 8, & 9 yr olds)

-if baby gets restless and I have to take her outside, I would miss the show and dinner

- it is pretty expensive (I'd hate to pay and then have to miss the show & dinner)

- I wouldn't want to disrupt the show for others - i.e. baby crying or 4yr old not wanting to sit thru show

- I would rather spend the time(and money) at a character meal
while the children are still young

We will do the shows when baby is older and I know the children will appreciate it.

This year we did Chef Mickey's for dinner and it was awesome! I highly recommend it. The character interaction was great, the food was great, they do a napkin-singing thing, the family picture was great.

If your kids can stay in their seats for a whole meal, try Hoop Dee Doo. The Hawaiian Luai may be a bit long, and boring for small ones. And they discontinued the character Luai, didn't they?

If money is not a big issue, I think that they would enjoy the HDDR. It is expensive and not a thing we do every trip. If you want to make it a once thing, I say wait, but if you plan to go back again and just want to have fun now, go for it. The toddlers I have seen there seem to have a ball. The jokes go way over their heads but the music and laughter keep them happy. There is a little bit of move room in there and i saw many happy toddlers "dancing" by the tables of their parents. The food is not very toddler friendly but they will provide some mac & cheese and the 2 year old is free I think. Good luck in your choice.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter