Dining thoughts/reviews from trip 6/11-14

MoSoccerMom

Mouseketeer
I have been reading and getting info from these boards for so long now, that I thought I would try to help others out! We were at Disneyworld from 6/11-6/14. A little background, we went after our cruise, stayed at the Poly, and were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. Here are the restaurants we ate at and what we thought, so that if readers were considering any of these, hopefully it will help them decide. A little more info on us-mom, dad, 2 boys 12 and 9, and we are pretty easy to please as far as food goes. I had ADR's for all of the table service restaurants. All waits were short except for Ohana-they said they were running behind and we ended up waiting about 30 min.

6/11
ABC Commissary for lunch-We arrived too late for our Prime Time Cafe reservation, so we did counter service instead. This place was packed, but the line moved fast and we were able to get a table with an umbrella outside. We all had cheeseburgers. They were ok for counter service, definitely not something to write home about. My kids loved, though, the strawberry parfaits for dessert.

Ohana for dinner-This was our 3rd time there. It was very good again. My husband was a little disappointed that they no longer have the cheesy potatoes, but I hardly noticed because the other sides-pot stickers, wings, veggies were so good. The meat was good, not overcooked like I have read on here before. The bread pudding was great. My younger son took part in the coconut races and other kids' activities. They put two adult men in hula skirts and had them lead one of the activities which was funny. The lady who sings I think does a good job.

6/12
Kona Cafe for breakfast-Again, good as usual. We all had to have our Tonga Toast fix. I had it with the strawberry compote this time instead of just syrup-it made it even better! It was so rich that I don't think any of us finished it, though.

Cantina de San Angel for lunch-We started in Mexico this time instead of Canada like we usually do, and it was pretty good for counter service. I had the salad. My husband and son #1 had combination platters and my younger son had the kid's meal. There is only one choice for kids-cheese nachos with a cheese quesadilla. He liked it. The combos were really good and salad was okay. We liked the churros for dessert.

German Biergarten for dinner-This is also the 3rd time we have been here, and it was good again. We had a little of almost everything on the buffet. We really liked the pork schnitzel. I love the pretzel rolls. We were travelling with another family, so we would have had 7 and our own table, but they did not go to Epcot with us that day. Since we only had 4, we ended up sitting with another family, as I think they only have a few small tables. Just something to keep in mind if you don't like that sort of thing. My husband also really likes and always gets the beer flight.

6/13
Captain Cook's for breakfast-I had Tonga Toast again. Husband and older son had breakfast sandwiches that were good. Younger son had kids' scrambled eggs. We liked the fact that you can get 2 beverages on the deluxe plan, so you can have coffee and juice, etc.

Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch-This was our first visit here. My older son and I had cheeseburgers, husband had the Tri-corner sandwich. They also both had clam chowder for an appetizer and thought it was some of the best they ever had. Younger son had cheese pizza and ate the whole thing. While we liked the food here, the service was a little slow. I think we were in this restaurant for almost 2 hours. It was hot outside, so it was okay to be in the air conditioning, but that was a long lunch! My husband also liked the colonial theme/decor.

Raglan Road for dinner-This was our favorite of the trip! My husband is really into his Irish heritage so I thought we'd give it a try. I had the Scallop Forest for an appetizer which was incredible. That could have just been my meal. My husband had the potato/leek soup which he also thought was really good. Older son got fish and chips which he liked, I had the jus chicken with was incredible, husband had a steak. Younger son had mac and cheese and did not like the fries since they were very "thick." The best thing was the sticky toffee dessert husband got, it was very good. Service was good. We had a 7:00 ADR, and by the time we were leaving the band was starting at 8:00. We were not in the main room so we could only hear it not see it. We love that Irish music, so I think next time we will request to be in the main room. If you are thinking about this one, I would suggest giving it a try. Just an FYI, though, the menu was a little different from ones I have seen online. They may have just changed it, though?

6/14
Chef Mickey's for breakfast-Okay, well, I had heard and read a lot about it, so I wanted to try it. This was probably my least favorite of the trip. I do get it now, though, why people go there. Goofy, Mickey and Donald came to our table, so I see that for the younger kids this is guaranteed character interaction! I thought that the buffet was just okay, though, and the floor was so dirty. I guess that there are so many kids there and they can't really vacuum during the breakfast, so I get it. With so many others to try, I don't think we will go back there.

Hope this helps someone! Just our opinions! It was a lot of food, but we found ourselves trying things we wouldn't normally have tried if we were paying out-of-pocket.

Great reviews...

Do you remember if Biergarten had the Black Forest Cake at the buffet? We heard that it was replaced with something else. I really liked it last time we ate there and would be disappointed if I had to buy it at the snack stand.

I have been reading and getting info from these boards for so long now, that I thought I would try to help others out! We were at Disneyworld from 6/11-6/14. A little background, we went after our cruise, stayed at the Poly, and were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. Here are the restaurants we ate at and what we thought, so that if readers were considering any of these, hopefully it will help them decide. A little more info on us-mom, dad, 2 boys 12 and 9, and we are pretty easy to please as far as food goes. I had ADR's for all of the table service restaurants. All waits were short except for Ohana-they said they were running behind and we ended up waiting about 30 min.

6/11
ABC Commissary for lunch-We arrived too late for our Prime Time Cafe reservation, so we did counter service instead. This place was packed, but the line moved fast and we were able to get a table with an umbrella outside. We all had cheeseburgers. They were ok for counter service, definitely not something to write home about. My kids loved, though, the strawberry parfaits for dessert.

Ohana for dinner-This was our 3rd time there. It was very good again. My husband was a little disappointed that they no longer have the cheesy potatoes, but I hardly noticed because the other sides-pot stickers, wings, veggies were so good. The meat was good, not overcooked like I have read on here before. The bread pudding was great. My younger son took part in the coconut races and other kids' activities. They put two adult men in hula skirts and had them lead one of the activities which was funny. The lady who sings I think does a good job.

6/12
Kona Cafe for breakfast-Again, good as usual. We all had to have our Tonga Toast fix. I had it with the strawberry compote this time instead of just syrup-it made it even better! It was so rich that I don't think any of us finished it, though.

Cantina de San Angel for lunch-We started in Mexico this time instead of Canada like we usually do, and it was pretty good for counter service. I had the salad. My husband and son #1 had combination platters and my younger son had the kid's meal. There is only one choice for kids-cheese nachos with a cheese quesadilla. He liked it. The combos were really good and salad was okay. We liked the churros for dessert.

German Biergarten for dinner-This is also the 3rd time we have been here, and it was good again. We had a little of almost everything on the buffet. We really liked the pork schnitzel. I love the pretzel rolls. We were travelling with another family, so we would have had 7 and our own table, but they did not go to Epcot with us that day. Since we only had 4, we ended up sitting with another family, as I think they only have a few small tables. Just something to keep in mind if you don't like that sort of thing. My husband also really likes and always gets the beer flight.

6/13
Captain Cook's for breakfast-I had Tonga Toast again. Husband and older son had breakfast sandwiches that were good. Younger son had kids' scrambled eggs. We liked the fact that you can get 2 beverages on the deluxe plan, so you can have coffee and juice, etc.

Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch-This was our first visit here. My older son and I had cheeseburgers, husband had the Tri-corner sandwich. They also both had clam chowder for an appetizer and thought it was some of the best they ever had. Younger son had cheese pizza and ate the whole thing. While we liked the food here, the service was a little slow. I think we were in this restaurant for almost 2 hours. It was hot outside, so it was okay to be in the air conditioning, but that was a long lunch! My husband also liked the colonial theme/decor.

Raglan Road for dinner-This was our favorite of the trip! My husband is really into his Irish heritage so I thought we'd give it a try. I had the Scallop Forest for an appetizer which was incredible. That could have just been my meal. My husband had the potato/leek soup which he also thought was really good. Older son got fish and chips which he liked, I had the jus chicken with was incredible, husband had a steak. Younger son had mac and cheese and did not like the fries since they were very "thick." The best thing was the sticky toffee dessert husband got, it was very good. Service was good. We had a 7:00 ADR, and by the time we were leaving the band was starting at 8:00. We were not in the main room so we could only hear it not see it. We love that Irish music, so I think next time we will request to be in the main room. If you are thinking about this one, I would suggest giving it a try. Just an FYI, though, the menu was a little different from ones I have seen online. They may have just changed it, though?

6/14
Chef Mickey's for breakfast-Okay, well, I had heard and read a lot about it, so I wanted to try it. This was probably my least favorite of the trip. I do get it now, though, why people go there. Goofy, Mickey and Donald came to our table, so I see that for the younger kids this is guaranteed character interaction! I thought that the buffet was just okay, though, and the floor was so dirty. I guess that there are so many kids there and they can't really vacuum during the breakfast, so I get it. With so many others to try, I don't think we will go back there.

Hope this helps someone! Just our opinions! It was a lot of food, but we found ourselves trying things we wouldn't normally have tried if we were paying out-of-pocket.

Loving the review of Raglan that is the most fav i am looking forward to being from England I miss my food.

I hope i won't be disappointed with CM we did dinner Xmas day and it was awesome. I am finding some people who have had bfast tend to have more negative reviews or maybe I am reading wrong.

Thx for sharing my tummy is rumbling:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter