Dining Plan says includes appetizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

black562

DIS Veteran
I just recieved a packet from Disney for our upcoming trip in September with free dining and I noticed something odd. On the card that talks about MY free dining, it says...and I quote "one table-service meal includes entree and juice for breakfast; appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage for lunch and dinner. All meals include tax and gratuities."

So in my packet, I have it saying this...does that mean I'm entitled or has something suddenly changed? What gives?

Check that again...unless you are on the deluxe plan, you will probably find that the appetizers are only for children.

On the other hand, it says tips are included, which is totally incorrect. Tips are not included on either plan.

Well, its a brochure-size piece they sent, with a letter to "the Black Family" talking about our future trip and it includes little cards...one for the tickets, one for dining plan, etc... The dining plan says as I quoted above. Somebody screwed up big-time on this one and its telling me that these are all included, as well as gratuities....?????

If anyone else has recieved one of these, flip to the back of the dining plan card and you'll see it too...we need to figure this one out folks.

Can we hold their feet to the fire on this one?

Check that again...unless you are on the deluxe plan, you will probably find that the appetizers are only for children.

On the other hand, it says tips are included, which is totally incorrect. Tips are not included on either plan.

I know what you're saying and I do know what its "supposed" to include. But it states it exactly as I've written it. Either they accidently are using old cards, or an editor screwed up big-time somewhere....but I'd be curious what would happen if I laid this down at check-in right in front of a supervisor?

Yea, big mistake...HUGE!!!

Extremely doubtful. Even if the flyer is incorrect, you'll be issued a brochure with the correct information when you check in.

Seems to me you should hold them to it -- unless, like the PP said, you're somehow reading it wrong.

I would def.ly call and ask and hold them to it. You have it in writing! I, too am interested to know if someone else got the same thing!

well that is interesting---is there a date on the brochure? keep us posted.

I'd be interested in who you are planning to hold to it - will you flash that brochure at the server in every restaurant you come to and say that you expect the appetizer and tip to be included?

Interesting - they are either issuing the incorrect information or they've changed the plan back to the 2007 version without any notice at all.

Seems to me you should hold them to it -- unless, like the PP said, you're somehow reading it wrong.

I would def.ly call and ask and hold them to it. You have it in writing! I, too am interested to know if someone else got the same thing!

Doesn't matter with Disney. I had a catalog/brochure sent to me for the Disney Store. They had an item that I was waiting to order (it did not come out yet). The price was $50. The item came out so I called and tried to order and now it was $150. I told them that I had the brochure from them etc. and they agreed but they basically said too bad so sad. We are not responsible for typograpical errors etc. They would not budge. I did not order the item and they could have cared less. I know the stores might be a bit different but Disney takes great pains to cover itself. They will simply say "Gee, I don't know how you got that sent to you! It must have been a mistake. Here is the correct information! Have a magical day!" Good luck and I hope you do get what they printed but I really doubt it.

Here's a picture of it...I plan to take it with me when I check-in to the hotel. I mean, if I was a first-timer and booked dining because I saw this information, then they told me "oh we can't give you this or that", I would feel like I had been bait and switched if you know what I mean.

Anyway, its worth taking just to see how they react at the resort. I'm not expecting anything, but hey...its worth a shot. My Mom made a scene at a restaurant there once and they gave her everything she wanted just to end the situation.

I wonder if its possible they have me down for deluxe dining by chance?

dining.JPG

I don't think it's likely that they'll honor it unless the plan has actually been changed (which I doubt) but you can try. They will pass out a brochure at checkin which clearly states that appetizers and gratuities are not included.

Interestingly enough, there is another thread on this board from someone who apparently got the same brochure in an informational package.

But I'm curious more than anything how many others got this same information? If anyone else has recieved this info booklet, check it out and let me know...it just kinda threw me to see that printed there. I've been to Disney at least 35 times, so I'm definitely a veteran and know the ropes...but then something like this causes even me to scratch my head and go "HUH"????

I received the letter and cards that you are talking about for our September trip as well however ours says nothing about appetizer and it says that gratuities are not included. I received my letter and info about 3 weeks ago. The card that I received talking about the dining plan has a picture of a little boy trying to see over a counter looking at an ice cream dish on the front and the bottom is a blue green color. So unless something has changed with the dining plan you probably received an old card by mistake.

Interestingly enough, there is another thread on this board from someone who apparently got the same brochure in an informational package.

Well, that's interesting...could we not hold them to this if tons and tons of folks are getting this info. This, by law, is bait and switch if they promise you one thing and deliver considerably less.

Either way, its very interesting and they've really screwed up on this one.

I received the letter and cards that you are talking about for our September trip as well however ours says nothing about appetizer and it says that gratuities are not included. I received my letter and info about 3 weeks ago. The card that I received talking about the dining plan has a picture of a little boy trying to see over a counter looking at an ice cream dish on the front and the bottom is a blue green color. So unless something has changed with the dining plan you probably received an old card by mistake.

Yup, mine has a boy peeking over the table at a big thing of pink ice cream....same piece, but you can see that its different on the back.

It's not the deluxe plan if it refers to one table service and one quick service. I would guess they had old flyers mixed in with new ones. They may be in for a mess if that's true.

LOL, any lawyers on the DisBoards???

I'll be very curious how they're going to react when I lay this down and stare them in the eyes...

I'm a lawyer...but I don't practice.

And I think the response will be "That information is incorrect, here's the correct information."

If the mailing was inadvertent, it's not fraud. Fraud requires criminal intent. If they made a mistake, that's not sufficient.

And you'd have to call a manager and convince them that they should change things for you. I guess if that's worth it for you, you could try it.

Yep very interesting that it is the same exact card except for what is written on the back. May I ask how long ago you received your card in the mail? Maybe they are putting a change into place and you received the up to date info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter