• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Adventures with Character, March 8-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just coming across your reviews....Loving it!!! We have done the Hoop Dee Doo twice before and decided not to do it agian this year...now I am sad that we aren't going!!! Your daughter is just precious!!! :goodvibes

Just coming across your reviews....Loving it!!! We have done the Hoop Dee Doo twice before and decided not to do it agian this year...now I am sad that we aren't going!!! Your daughter is just precious!!! :goodvibes

Thanks. Yes, we love Hoop Dee Doo too. I think next trip we may skip it and try something new, but who knows, we may go for it again. I would like to try Mickey's Backyard BBQ sometime though too.

Great photos and reviews......thanks!!

LOVE it , CP is one of our favs! Great pics!

Thanks so much.

Tigger was our next visitor.

Claire had a ball with him. He kept asking for the pen and she would hand it to him and then he would drop it over and over and she was laughing so hard.

Tiggerwantsthepen.jpg

takethepentigger.jpg

tiggerstoofunny.jpg

tiggersigning.jpg

huggingtigger.jpg

Eeyore was quite a bit behind, so I got some dessert while we waited.
dessert.jpg

Another March started while waiting and I taped a bit of it, but it’s pretty bad. LOL! Mostly me telling Claire to follow Piglet. But she was snubbing him, she wanted to follow Tigger. Then a tall girl got in my way, so I stopped recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1lM8aQTlC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5xsV7xhcYo

And the fingers in the mouth AGAIN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x19dGgEwcUs

Not long after the parade we saw Eeyore.

visitingwithEeyore.jpg

huggingeeyore.jpg

kissingeeyore.jpg

eeyoresigning.jpg

skipandeeyore.jpg

And here are some of the buffet.

buffet.jpg

buffet1.jpg

buffet2.jpg

I thought the food was very good. Skip said the selection was strange, but yet he never stopped eating. LOL!

The total came to $81.39

We used our 3 remaining TS credits for this meal. How sad. That’s a sign we are to the end of our trip. LOL!

I guess I'm like your hubby...not sure of the ins & outs of the DP. I didn't know that if I don't want desert, I can use that credit somewhere else? I thought I read somewhere, that anything over $4 couldn't be used as a snack? I was hoping to use my snack, for my oatmeal for breakfast!! How did you find all the secrets to using the plan? I've read and re-read, still, not sure of ALL of it!:confused3 BTW, LOVING your review!! We're just 4 months out...so I'm soaking up ALL the info I can!!

You can't use the credit somewhere else if you don't want dessert. You can, however, take the dessert with you for later!

Just came across this review. Loved the pictures especially of Crystal Palace as we are doing this character breakfast on our upcoming trip.

Later that evening we went back to Pop to swim and get back up for our departure the next day.
After the swim I decided to go to DTD and use up our CS and snack credits. I planned on going to Earl of Sandwich and getting some sandwiches to put on ice overnight and then eat them on the plane tomorrow morning. And then to Goofy’s to use up the snack credits. And I also wanted to buy something for my niece, so I figured we would stop in at World of Disney.
Claire wanted to come along with me. I wanted to do a quick trip there and back and then get settled down, maybe take a shower and get rested. NOT!
I swear there is no way to get there quick from Pop using the buses. You can get anywhere pretty fast on the buses, EXCEPT Down Town Disney.
I think we got in line for the bus at 8:30 and it we waited at LEAST a half hour for a dang bus to even come. We id talk to a couple of gals in line with us and they had been in line even longer, and said a bus had just left when they were walking out to the bus stop.

waitingforthebus.jpg

We finally got there and ordered our sandwiches. Claire ate her chips right away. I got brownies for DH and I.

I didn’t write down what we got, so I’ll try to remember it. I know we got three drinks, but can’t remember exactly what they were. I think fruit punch was one. I got DH and I brownies and Claire got a bag of chips, which Claire promptly opened.

I got Claire the kids turkey sandwich. I think I got the Tuna melt and I think I got Skip the full Montagu.
We at them on the plane the next day…well Claire didn’t eat hers, I ate that later on the next day…LOL… And they were really good. Even after sitting on ice all night.

Here is Skips sandwich.

EOS.jpg

Skip’s plan was to go get a hot fudge sundae at the Pop food court while we were gone and then he was to beep me and tell me how many snack credits we had left. He beeped me while in EOS and told us we still had 3 left.

Good deal!

He used 1 snack credit for his Sundae.

We made our way towards WOD store. The bag with the food was getting heavy fast. I wish I had brought my canvas bag along…but it was still in the dryer drying.

I never saw the total for the sandwich either. But we used the last 3 remaining CS credits.

We stopped off for a picture.

pintradingmickey.jpg

Then on to World of Disney!

After World of Disney we worked our way over to Goofy’s. DTD was packed. I was so irritated all these people were getting in MY way. LOL!

I swear I must’ve gone into Goofy’s while mostly idiots were working! UGH. I looked at the candy “menu” and decided I want to make 3 sets of 3 pretzel rods to use up the credits. The girl said they only had on paper left to fill out and she would look for more. Well she just disappeared forever, and then came back and looked and left again and said her manager had to go look for the main one to make copies. Now this is DISNEY….shouldn’t they have a bunch of these made? I told her that could I just get 3 sets of the same and right what I want on one paper. She acted like I was crazy for wanting 3 sets and that doing 3 on the same paper was going to mess up the system. But she allowed it. Then a guy came out and he was going to get them started while she did some more wandering around doing nothing.
He was even SLOWER! Also he told me I couldn’t have white chocolate drizzled over my toppings because I already had white chocolate as the base and it wouldn’t make a difference in taste. Well to me it would’ve, but at this point I just wanted them to hurry up and get them done, so I didn’t argue. So we waited while this guy worked in slow motion.

After awhile the girl came to help him, but it didn’t go any faster.

goofyscounter.jpg

candytoppings.jpg

dippingpretzels.jpg

pretzelrods.jpg

Goofyscandycompany.jpg

bigricecrispyonwall.jpg

Finally they got them done. This guy just had no clue. They are supposed to seal the bag with a sticker, but he folds the bag and puts the sticker next to it, so it doesn’t hold it shut in any way shape or form. He tells me to be careful with them, but I just wanted to leave and they did get smashed and stuck to the bag a bit…but what’s a little paper in the digestive system. LOL!

I don’t know the price of the pretzel rods, but we used the 3 remaining snack credits here. They are soooooo good. I am craving them right now!

We took the rods and sandwiches back to the room and sampled a bit of pretzel and then off to sleep.

That was our final day at Disney and the end of our Dining Adventure with Character(s)…Boo Hoo!

The next morning we had an early flight home (ate the sandwiches on the plane) and back home to regular boring food! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter