• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Adventures with Character, March 8-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, My DH is full of double standards. He can contridict himself in the same sentence too. LOL! :rotfl2:

Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying your dining review! Claire is such a cutie pie! I love all her princess costumes. And the look on her face when Cinderella was coming at Akershus was sooo adorable!

AWWWW OMG Claire's face is so precious when she sees Cinderella coming over to the table!!

After dinner we wandered Epcot some more and then finally headed back to Pop. After a swim, Claire and I went up to the food court to find a snack. I was thinking Mickey bar, but they were out. They were out of a lot of things really.
So I opted for the hot fudge Sundae again.
We brought it back to the room and Claire and I dove right into it. It was melting fast. I asked for extra cherries ,and Claire gobbled all but one (which I took) up immediately. I then remembered I should take a picture, so here it is. It’s melty and half eaten. LOL! Boy doesn’t that look appetizing. LOL!

hotfudgeSundae.jpg

Skip was jealous that we didn’t bring him one back, and I told him we would go get him one after we were done. Well I should’ve did it immediately. We went in at 11:05. And it was closed. I guess the sundae counter closes at 11. OOPS!
He was OK though and said he would get one tomorrow.

And that’s the end of our Dining Adventure for Day 5!

OOPS! Forgot to price out the sundae.
It was one snack credit, and I can't remember the price, but I think it was just over $4 with tax.

Friday March 13

Day 6

I got up early this AM. I couldn’t sleep. It was our last full day. How sad.

I went up to the smoking section and got to talking to some people. I told them how Skip’s mug was stolen the day before. The one guy told me he had lost his twice. Once he left it on a table by the pool at night and it was gone in the morning . He told a CM about it and they replaced it for him. The other time he left it somewhere, but was too embarrassed to ask for another one. LOL!

I then decided I would go into the food court and get something to eat and ask about another mug.

This was going on when I got in there. The pictures are a bit blurry, sorry.

dothetwist.jpg

twisiting.jpg

I then asked a random CM about getting a replacement cup and explained the situation. She said she would go ask. A guy came out and went and got me one, no questions asked. Ironically he got the same colored one we had before. LOL! So I was happy and thanked him a million times over.

I then ordered some breakfast.
I got the breakfast wrap. It came with breakfast potatoes and I got a lemonade and a apple juice.

breakfastwrap.jpg

breakfastwrap1.jpg

It came to $10.52.
I used 1 CS credit.

It was pretty good. Nothing super special, but not icky either. Kind of dry.
I ended up being to full to eat the whole thing though.

I took my tray out by the pool near our room door and sat. I was journaling while I ate and I had a piece of egg fall out of the wrap onto the side of the plate.
Next thing I know I feel a whoosh and a bird had just flown right by me and snatched that piece of egg off my plate! :scared1: Wow. I guess they have sharp eyes and can even see when a stray piece falls to the side.

After Claire woke up, DH and I went up and got her some breakfast, and he got some as well.

I got Claire the kids pancakes and substituted the bacon for sausage, an Applesauce and chocolate milk.

clairespancakes.jpg

pancakes.jpg

I didn’t get the price, but here it is according to Allears

Pancakes~ $4.39
Chocolate Milk~not listed
Used 1 CS credit.

Skip got the breakfast platter, ~ scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuit, sausage, and bacon~
an apple juice and a chocolate milk.

skipsadultplatter.jpg

I didn’t get his price, but I got almost the same thing the other day and it came to
$11.37, so I assume his was in this range.
Used 1 CS credit

It was good. Pop pancakes are always good, I think. Claire didn’t eat it all, and Skip helped finish it off and we also gave some to our bird friends. I know, shame on us! :scared1:

birdfriend.jpg

Thanks!
I still have to finish up, but I just haven't had a chance. My internet was down a few days and then I was working on my Trip report. I hope to get it finished up by next week sometime!

I just noticed that no one has really commented since my last post. LOL! I hope some people are reading! LOL!

Ok I'm all caught up. Great reviews!! I am glad someone else liked Akershus as well, we really enjoyed it! Looking fwd to more!

Ok I'm all caught up. Great reviews!! I am glad someone else liked Akershus as well, we really enjoyed it! Looking fwd to more!

Thanks for reading!

I thought it was pretty good. I know it wouldn't be something that we went to evey week if it was close to home, but it was fun and the food was tastey!

We went to Magic Kingdom this day.:wizard:

Skip was thirsty early on and got a water and a banana (kind of a waste of Snack credits, but we had a lot left).
He used 2 Snack credits for this.

In the afternoon about 3, Claire decided she was hungry. We were eating at CP at 4:20 so I didn’t want to get her too much to eat. We decided on a pretzel. This guy was huge. I just had to share it with her, :rolleyes1 and it was really good.

We used 1 snack credit, and I’m not sure what the price was.

pretzel.jpg

Eventually we headed over to Crystal Palace and I checked us in.

crystalpalace.jpg

ClaireanddadatCP.jpg

I think we got called in a few minutes before our scheduled time. When you walk in they have these cute topiaries.

Eeyoretopiary.jpg

tiggertopiary.jpg

poohsidetopiary.jpg

poohtopiary.jpg

piglettopiary.jpg

We were seated by the window and had a nice view.

viewfromCP.jpg

We saw that we had JUST missed Eeyore, so I knew it would be awhile till he got around. The good thing was that the place was not full at this point.

Pooh was just about 2 tables away and then the “march” started up. Claire joined in the fun.

pigletsmarch.jpg

marchingfun.jpg

So Pooh was at our table soon after the March was over. He was a big hit. I have always had a soft spot for Pooh, which I think I have mentioned before. He was my favorite as a kid and the one character I saw when we came when I was little.

poohcomesign.jpg

poohsigningatCP.jpg

poohbearhug.jpg

goodybyePooh.jpg

I ran up and got some food between Pooh had Piglet. I gave strict instructions to Skip to beep me on the Nextel when he was 2 tables away. LOL! But I got back in time.
primerib.jpg

I think Skip had gotten food for Claire right away.

Clairesfood.jpg

And then Piglet arrived.

lovinpiglet.jpg

huggingpiglet.jpg

Look at this sly bugger here! LOL!

slybugger.jpg

We set up spinning Minnie so she could view all the action too.

spinningminnie.jpg

Skip kept telling me to look at the guy at the table across from us. This guy looked like the banjo player at the Hoop Dee Doo review. Exactly like him. So I finally asked if he was “him” and he wasn’t. LOL! They were from Pennsylvania so I doubt he would travel daily for that gig. LOL!

They were a really nice family though and the banjo player look alike offered to take our picture.

thefamilyatCP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter