Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

Brilliant pictures. So glad the good outweighed the bad and ugly but I am so totally with you on the need for housekeeping. There really is no excuse anymore and to be honest I really do think that Disney are just trying to see how little they can do for the price they charge and get away with it!
It's scary how much the price of a deluxe has increased the last couple of years!

I'm so glad you and Andi had a [mostly] great trip! Loved the pictures and loved that you enjoyed your stay at All Stars Movie! That's my favorite value resort and I stay there often :thumbsup2 I'm really, really anxious to get back, but I'm also a little nervous about the "new" reality of Disney these days. But it helps to know people are having a great time regardless, despite the bad and the ugly parts! :laughing:

I feel like Disney is in a weird transition trying to get back to normal... Kind of like an akward teenager... I am hoping they just need time to get all of the staff back. Because if some of these things are still happening in Feb. when we go, it It just wont' be pretty.

This is the best. I love it!

Our beloved Chicken Tikka Masala and a delicious Sangria for me and a Yak Attack for Andi. So happy to be back at Yak and Yeti!
hmmm. That looks good. I am always sketpical of butter chicken in disney... Is it spicy?

New Cruella magic shot
Where are you standing?!?

With the exception of those few things, it sounds like a wonderful trip!

I totally agree with you about the lack of housekeeping. Even with my mom in April, who cleans every day anyway, our room needed a good cleaning...just for the sand alone that fell out of Ava’s bathing suit! Plus the messy towel situation was just gross. They really need to hire more people and get them back to work!

AndI is a brave soul getting on that Velocicoaster! I’m sure my kids would love it too!

We loved the pink lemonade cider, so good, we had it several times!

OH my!! That DOES sound good!

We did the scavenger hunt and actually completed It!

I didn't end up doing this one on the April trip. Shame, that's a cute design!!

I finally tried the Ronto wrap in Galaxy Edge, it was so delicious. I enjoyed this while Andi was riding RnRC

MMM!! A favorite of mine!

Andi still is boycotting Frozen Ever After :sad2::sad1:
I think I missed this story... why is she boycotting it?

The trip was really fun and I hope all of my pictures are enjoyable!

Of course they are!

Ha the name does sum up the trip, mostly good with a little bad and ugly mixed in!

I think every trip has at least a bit of that.

Delta airlines has been so good lately. They have a newer CEO and he really has turned it around. On time flights and much better customer service.

I recently booked a flight on Delta, so this is good news!

That one was so good. My favorite for sure. I want to go twice in August so I can bring some home for family. My husband would love one of the cookies 🍪
Hope to get back there soon. I really loved the pistachio toffee one I had last trip!

It goes from 0 to 70 in under 3 seconds and you are static upside down over the water for a few seconds, big fat no for me. Andi did say it was so smooth and because of that she didn’t feel like you were going as fast.

If it's smooth I'd probably like it. It's tracks like SM that is hard for me to tolerate!

Despite the crowds we did get on all the rides we wanted to for the most part except we couldn’t ride things more than once

Same with us. Unless you FP (assuming they will be back soon) AND RD those rides there's no riding twice.

Yes you have to be satisfied with 1x on most attractions. I couldn’t believe how busy the early mornings are now,

Just like the old days, which is good news and bad.

It was the first time we didn’t get one for our second day, oh well we have done it quite a few times.

At least they have it twice a day for a chance?

I know! They work in slow motion down at WDW

At least there's quality.
Exactly, even the housekeeping manager agreed with me. You know as a nurse, we work hard and the last thing I want to do on my vacation is make my own bed and clean my resort room, yuck no thanks. If Disney had said, we will be reducing our rates significantly because there aren’t many amenities I would be more understanding but to raise the prices to some really ridiculous rates is not cool.

EXACTLY!!! Reduced (significantly) services AND raised prices.... ugh!
I sure hope staffing, amenities, attractions, restaurants and shows improve in the next couple months.

I do too, but not likely!

It looks really cute!
I was surprised how much I enjoyed the one night at All Stars, the rooms are small but really nice with built in storage.
So nice to have some fun Disme
It was nice to meet up with Disers
Yikes!! They need to bring back FP and open up all the shows. If they are increasing c
Ugh! I feel like the capacity keeps rising and FP is needed again!
This is just ridiculous! There should be daily housekeeping. As a DVC member, we only get trash and towel on day 4 and a thorough cleaning on day 8. But you know that it is one of the things with DVC and are prepared for it. Cash stays should have full housekeeping.
It is gross, I almost want to do a split stay in August since we have 8 nights at Contemporary and I want mousekeeping!
It is wrong for them to increase capacity without increasing staffing.
This is what I think, get your staff and other attractions, shows, and restaurants open and staffed then increase capacity, not the other way!
This is adorable!
It was in the United Kingdom across from the pretty park area!
The rack rates are over the top ridiculous!!!! Then we Canadians have to add on another 20% due to the exchange rate. There is no way I would be able to afford a deluxe any more with out a significant discount
I know, sadly I don’t think I will renew our passes and after our September trip we will be taking a break for awhile. Just to expensive!
All those things scare me for our August trip. We booked this trip 6 months ago and I was okay with the COVID restrictions, reduced amenities when we booked our trip. I knew exactly what I wa
I sure hope more things are open and more employees! I want FP back and EMH and regular PH. This should have all been in place before they started to increase capacity to normal!
They've done away with COVID restrictions but don't have the CM capacity to return to normal capacit
Exactly!
Our trip is in 39 days, I really hope mousekeeping is back to normal. And that they have enough park CMs to run all available rides at full capacity.
Have a wonderful trip! We will be there the end of August!
Did the manager give any indications as to when mousekeeping would return?
She did not except she did say they are working on it!
We were there the same week! I agree with your observations. It feels like it is time to step up...but they're just not. :confused3 Regardless, we had a great trip! We saw the baby zebra as well. So cute!
We also had a very nice trip overall. I just miss the good old days!
The baby rhino and zebra so cute!!

Glad to hear that your stay at Movies was nice! I'm sure I will end up staying there are some point, especially since I always hear such good things! I cannot wait to try that pistachio cookie at Gideon's, it looks so delicious
I really liked the All Stars Movies! I can’t wait to get back to Gideon’s yum yum!
Definitely a bummer on the bad list, I think Disney needs to bring back FPs as soon as possible!
Let’s all picket for FP on the website, lol. A virtual protest!
Hopefully the college program starting means they will be able to staff more housekeepers and bring back cleaning every few days at the very least. Too bad about the noisy room at Yacht Club, and I feel like we always hear that it is such a quiet resort
I seriously may do a split stay in August I’m scared to be at CR for 8 nights with such little Mousekeeping 🤮
Sounds like overall it is definitely not the most ideal time in the parks, but of course being at WDW is better than not being at WDW!
It is still really enjoyable just different from how we usually do Disney!
finally have some trips planned again but not until fall/winter so fingers crossed they will bring back FP or some version of max pass by then! I am really hoping they do not do anything like Express pass at Universal, WDW is just too long of a vacation to pay that much every day!
I agree. I don’t know how they would do that with four parks, DL is so much smaller as is US
Love the Cruella magic shot! Have you seen it yet? I just saw it last week and was so surprised by how much I liked it, I hadn't seen the trailer and it was so much better than I expected. Definitely a more adult Disney film and I loved that, such good music too despite not being any Disney music!
I haven’t watched the movie yet, looking forward to it. I have heard good reviews. Glad you enjoyed it!
LOL I said the same thing! I was enjoying chatting with you and didn't think about it till after :( Also didn't take one with Renee but I did take one with her youngest DS who is in love with me
Epic fail, lol 😂 I sure enjoyed visiting with you! And Steve too!
enjoy this walk when the weather is nice! We're at BWI in December and hoping to walk on our HS day
I walked back one afternoon fast because of rain threat and it was so fricken hot 🥵 I was spent by the time I got to the YC!
can't agree with this more lol. I've been in July a few times and didn't feel this much humidity!
So hot! It is hot here right now and my husband was complaining yesterday and I was like this is nothing like Florida hot! Lol 😆
So our longest stay post-COVID has been 6 nights but in the same room, 5 nights. And I agree here too; if it went another day or two I would have felt the need to clean myself for sure. When the boys were with us in Nov. thank goodness we had a 1 bedroom 2 bath at BLT because with four in a room and no housekeeping for 5 nights it's REALLY bad! This needs to go back to normal. I know they've recently hired new housekeeping CM's so hopefully soon we see this improve.
I’m worried about August. I’m excited to stay at CR but wonder if I should do a split stay?
You know I rarely enter SWGE lol but after seeing a few pictures of the Ronto Wrap it looks kind of good. I may have to try it!
This is worth a try very good!
But... I want a cookie
I always want a cookie 🍪
We was bad, lol 😂 no photographic evidence!
Seven Short Miner's Train.
Haha 😆 Well I am short so might be why I had the typo!
Hmmm... that'll take a bit of getting used to
I know with FP we get to ride our faves multiple times
Oh, no! Wet on a water ride!! The horror!!!
She is something! I really like the ride, so cute!

So many great pictures! Despite the bad and the ugly, I'm glad it was a fun trip!!
Thanks We really had a wonderful trip! Disney does need to fix a few major things soon!
Brilliant pictures. So glad the good outweighed the bad and ugly but I am so totally with you on the need for housekeeping.
The good and fun definitely outweigh the bad and ugly. But the room does get ugly without Mousekeeping and they don’t even give you any cleaning supplies to do on your own. I packed some Lysol wipes and spray but that doesn’t quite cut it
really do think that Disney are just trying to see how little they can do for the price they charge and get away with it!
It's scary how much the price of a deluxe has increased the last couple of years!
You are so right on this! It really is crazy expensive now and not as much perks!
I'm so glad you and Andi had a [mostly] great trip! Loved the pictures and loved that you enjoyed your stay at All Stars Movie! That's my favorite value resort and I stay there often :thumbsup2 I'm really, really anxious to get back, but I'm also a little nervous about the "new" reality of Disney these days. But it helps to know people are having a great time regardless, despite the bad and the ugly parts!
We really enjoyed AS Movies, I would stay again! Disney is all about inclusivity however the prices don’t reflect that. It is getting so expensive for families to enjoy this magical vacation! That being said I hope you get back soon maybe the end of August, lol 😂
I feel like Disney is in a weird transition trying to get back to normal... Kind of like an akward teenager... I am hoping they just need time to get all of the staff back. Because if some of these things are still happening in Feb. when we go, it It just wont' be pretty.
Yes, so many changes, I do think the new CEO is money hungry and doesn’t mind cutting corners, this all makes it hard to imagine things improving much. I think they will continue to take things away and charge for any extras, like FP, EMH, etc…. I sure hope I am wrong
This is the best. I love it!
Oh you know I got to get my Dinosaur fix!
hmmm. That looks good. I am always sketpical of butter chicken in disney... Is it spicy?
It is medium spicy in my opinion so delicious, I say give it a try!
Where are you standing?!?
It is at on of the UK buildings more in the pavilion by the park area!

With the exception of those few things, it sounds like a wonderful trip!

I totally agree with you about the lack of housekeeping. Even with my mom in April, who cleans every day anyway, our room needed a good cleaning...just for the sand alone that fell out of Ava’s bathing suit! Plus the messy towel situation was just gross. They really need to hire more people and get them back to work!

AndI is a brave soul getting on that Velocicoaster! I’m sure my kids would love it too!
It was fun and Indo really enjoy the YC, our nights were quiet thank goodness, it was just very noisy during the day and evening.
Mousekeeping is needed! I like to come back to a clean room after the parks, this is important to me.
Andi rode Velocicoaster twice and loved it. It was a big no for me! Hagrid’s was fast and scary for me!

OH my!! That DOES sound good!
That cider is so good, I can’t find up here, bummer!
I didn't end up doing this one on the April trip. Shame, that's a cute design!!
We really enjoyed doing the scavenger hunt, a first for us!
MMM!! A favorite of mine!
I was surprised how good the Ronto wrap was. Even for a late breakfast, lol 😂
I think I missed this story... why is she boycotting it?
She got really wet one year and we had a nice dinner afterwards and her butt was wet the whole time, yadaa,yadaa! She also doesn’t like that it replace Maelstrom I think it is a cute ride!
Of course they are!
I think every trip has at least a bit of that.
Yes always a little ugly in there
recently booked a flight on Delta, so this is good news!
We have been very happy with Delta lately, however, wow the airlines are sure having trouble with the increased passengers now!
Hope to get back there soon. I really loved the pistachio toffee one I had last trip!
I loved that one, definitely getting that one again!
If it's smooth I'd probably like it. It's tracks like SM that is hard for me to tolerate!
Yes she said it was so smooth!
Same with us. Unless you FP (assuming they will be back soon) AND RD those rides there's no riding twice.
I don’t like that, we always got extra FP for Pirates, HM, Buzz, etc…now it is hard to ride more than 1x without
At least they have it twice a day for a chance?
Yes, we got in at the 1pm slot our one day otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to ride at all. The wait later in the day with a higher boarding group was long. We waited about 30-40 minutes.
At least there's quality.
Very true, they make such a good story with the attractions
EXACTLY!!! Reduced (significantly) services AND raised prices.... ugh!
The Disney way! 😱

Hello Everyone,
I hope you all enjoy the Holiday! It is hot here 90 the last couple days, my husband hates it, lol 😂 I love it, it is no where near Florida hot I keep saying.
I hope to get another post out soon. The Dis has been misbehaving for me. I have switched browsers several times and even my computer and it doesn’t change. It keeps resetting and losing everything I write. It also keeps saying Oops you need a message to post after I write my entire update, what the heck! 🤬🤬

This is why I haven’t updated much. I want to finish my April trip and start planning for my late August trip. I would like to write a report on that trip, maybe?? Send your positive computer thoughts my way so I can get my TR back in business!

Hope to get an update out soon! Enjoy the day!

I always want a cookie 🍪
cookie monster.gif
We was bad, lol 😂 no photographic evidence!
For shame! :laughing:
Haha 😆 Well I am short so might be why I had the typo!
Typo, schmypo. You could be a member of the crew!!
I hope you all enjoy the Holiday! It is hot here 90 the last couple days, my husband hates it, lol 😂 I love it, it is no where near Florida hot I keep saying.
Happy 4th!!
firework.gif
I hope to get another post out soon. The Dis has been misbehaving for me. I have switched browsers several times and even my computer and it doesn’t change. It keeps resetting and losing everything I write.
Ugh. That happened to me once, I don't remember what I did to resolve it. Sorry.
I'm sure you've rebooted, other than that... only suggestion I can think of is to write the update either in a program like Word (or other) or write in the DIS but copy to Word before trying to post. Check for any odd formatting codes that may have crept in. Good luck!

Just found your report and loving it! My oldest DD and I have our first mother/daughter trip coming up next year for her 13th birthday! I'm so excited!
She has picked All Stars Movies as where we are going to stay. Was it really that good? I'm worried about the beds. Were they comfy?

I can't wait to hear more!

We really enjoyed doing the scavenger hunt, a first for us!
Maybe we can do this together on the 1st? I'd love a stroll around the Showcase with you!
I was surprised how good the Ronto wrap was. Even for a late breakfast, lol 😂

SEE?! I'd eat that for breakfast any day of the week!

She got really wet one year and we had a nice dinner afterwards and her butt was wet the whole time, yadaa,yadaa! She also doesn’t like that it replace Maelstrom I think it is a cute ride!

My daughters hate that too. A lot. Ok, frankly, I hate it just as much. I've written about Disney IBS before (Itchy butt syndrome) Seriously, who wants to walk through the parks scratching their butt for the day??! Or worse through dinner! LOL!! Adn yes, sorry, I'm siding with Andi on this one. Still salty about Maelstrom.

We have been very happy with Delta lately, however, wow the airlines are sure having trouble with the increased passengers now!

Did I say I went with Delta for my next trip? I can't remember, but yes, they sure are. I have heard of SO many cancelled or re-directed flights these days. In fact, I got an email a few days ago with a hub/layover/connection city change. At least the times stayed almost the same.
I loved that one, definitely getting that one again!

I'm going to stick with that one too. I loved it enough that there's no need to change.
I don’t like that, we always got extra FP for Pirates, HM, Buzz, etc…now it is hard to ride more than 1x without

Mik and I never rode anything more than once either. Just too long of waits otherwise. I'm not inclined to wait more than 30-40 for ANYTHING!
Yes, we got in at the 1pm slot our one day otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to ride at all. The wait later in the day with a higher boarding group was long. We waited about 30-40 minutes.

:scared1: That's WAY too long with a Boarding Group!
It keeps resetting and losing everything I write. It also keeps saying Oops you need a message to post after I write my entire update, what the heck! 🤬🤬

Yeah, that's how I lost my siggie yesterday. Was so p!ssed. All the formatting I had in it was toast and without help, there's no retrieving it. 😠

Send your positive computer thoughts my way so I can get my TR back in business!
Sending those positive vibes to TR'ing successes!!!

GET BACK TO IT!!!! ( Does that work?) ;)

Hope you had a great 4th July. It was a wee bit warm and muggy here and we walked a mile and a bit uphill to a local pub/restaurant for late lunch and drinks of meh quality at high prices. Told the boys we were basically in training for our next Disney trip :rotfl: Who the heck knows when that will be!!!
I’ve loved hearing about your trip so I hope the computer issues resolve themselves soon so you can tell us more. I think I’d definitely consider a split stay for August just to get the spotlessly clean room. I looked at some pricing for 2022 just in case we might actually get to leave the country and travel and boy was I glad I was sitting down:scared1:
It’s crazy scary prices and half the restaurants/experiences still not available though I’d be hopeful they would be by then 🤞. Not sure it will happen but I can dream ( and plan, and hope ).

Ugh. That happened to me once, I don't remember what I did to resolve it. Sorry.
I'm sure you've rebooted, other than that... only suggestion I can think of is to write the update either in a program like Word (or other) or write in the DIS but copy to Word before trying to post.
It really is so irritating! I do write in pages and copy to the Dis, which helps but it still has lost that once copied and I can’t change font size anymore either, weird!
Maybe we can do this together on the 1st? I'd love a stroll around the Showcase with you!
That would be really fun!
SEE?! I'd eat that for breakfast any day of the week!
It was a delicious breakfast, Ronto wrap is the new galactic breakfast, lol 😂
My daughters hate that too. A lot. Ok, frankly, I hate it just as much. I've written about Disney IBS before (Itchy butt syndrome) Seriously, who wants to walk through the parks scratching their butt for the day??! Or worse through dinner! LOL!! Adn yes, sorry, I'm siding with Andi on this one. Still salty about Maelstrom.
Well, I am glad she didn’t sound too much like a brat, haha! I really miss Maelstrom we.loved.this.attraction!!
Did I say I went with Delta for my next trip? I can't remember, but yes, they sure are. I have heard of SO many cancelled or re-directed flights these days. In fact, I got an email a few days ago with a hub/layover/connection city change. At least the times stayed almost the same.
Yes, I need to make our flights for the 50th yet, prices are high! I got a good deal for August
I'm going to stick with that one too. I loved it enough that there's no need to change.
Yes, I might try a piece of the cake, however, the cake doesn’t get as good reviews.
Mik and I never rode anything more than once either. Just too long of waits otherwise. I'm not inclined to wait more than 30-40 for ANYTHING!
Ugh! I don’t like that at all
That's WAY too long with a Boarding Group!
That is what I thought
Yeah, that's how I lost my siggie yesterday. Was so p!ssed. All the formatting I had in it was toast and without help, there's no retrieving it.
It stinks, I have never had this much trouble with the site!
Sending those positive vibes to TR'ing successes!!!

GET BACK TO IT!!!! ( Does that work?)
Let’s hope the good vibes helps!
Sending good computer vibes your way!
:thanks: I hope it helps!
I understand!!! Wonder why it works for some and not others.
I know! It is weird.

Just found your report and loving it! My oldest DD and I have our first mother/daughter trip coming up next year for her 13th birthday! I'm so excited!
She has picked All Stars Movies as where we are going to stay. Was it really that good? I'm worried about the beds. Were they comfy?

I can't wait to hear more!
:welcome::wave: Nice to have you reading! I think you two will really enjoy AS Movies. It is themed so well, very Disney!
The beds were so comfortable. I am picky with beds and we both agreed these were very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter