Did someone say unlimited food and wine?!-Sept Dining Report Update 12/24

For some reason, I never think of Katsura Grill as an option but I'm making a mental note... That noodle bowl looks yummy and what a view!!

So envious of club level. We keep consider doing it but I know I'd feel like I'd need t make the most of it and that would in turn keep me away from more dinner. Such disney dilemmas we have :-)

So envious of club level. We keep consider doing it but I know I'd feel like I'd need t make the most of it and that would in turn keep me away from more dinner. Such disney dilemmas we have :-)
I second this dilemma:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. . . I know, first world problems :rotfl:, but I would HAVE to utilize the CL as much as possible which in turn means less TS, and I luuuuuuuuv my Disney TS dining. Sigh. @vettegirl, you REALLY make me want to do a CL/QS trip. Enjoying the DR, thanks so much :goodvibes

We don't always stay CL but when we do it makes the vacation so awesome. They really treat you good up there for sure. It is hard to balance it with planning awesome TS dinners. If were are eating dinner we do not indulge as much in the evening offerings. The breakfast is a real highlight for us each morning and I can tell you we drink out moneys worth up there.

I second this dilemma:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. . . I know, first world problems :rotfl:, but I would HAVE to utilize the CL as much as possible which in turn means less TS, and I luuuuuuuuv my Disney TS dining. Sigh. @vettegirl, you REALLY make me want to do a CL/QS trip. Enjoying the DR, thanks so much :goodvibes

I am with you as I love my TS meals as well. You just have to find a good balance if you decide to go CL.

The next day we went over to the MK and has an ADR for BOG for lunch. We love this place for lunch and it is a fantastic use of a QS credit. We waited in line for minutes to order. I had the french onion soup, which I subbed for my dessert, and I had the Croque Monsier, which was a first for me. My DH had the braised pork and a strawberry cupcake for dessert. Everything was excellent as always. We sat in the west wing and had a very relaxing meal. A few of my pics were to big to load :(

IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2059.JPG IMG_2062.JPG Update Time!!

We're doing dinner for the first time in May, does anything in particular make lunch better than dinner? I really want to try the soup!

We're doing dinner for the first time in May, does anything in particular make lunch better than dinner? I really want to try the soup![/QUOTE

Lunch is cheaper and we found the food to be better than dinner. Plus you can sit wherever you please :)

How did you like the French Onion soup? We were going to try that for our dinner ADR at BOG, but I read that people were disappointed. We opted for the potato soup and it was good, but maybe a little too thick. I kind of wish now we would have tried both to see what we liked better, but enjoying your review.

As always you 3 are lovely. :) I will now be torn between the French onion soup & the strawberry cupcake. I'm not too much of a cake person but love strawberry! But one of my clients was raving about that soup yesterday!!

Hi Lori, I'm late but catching up :) Alexander is getting so big! Everything looks delicious, love the soup and sandwich at BOG. I think if the club serves Schofferhofer every day I'd consider that a bargain :rotfl2:

Mmmm, love BOG! Although we prefer dinner :) DH and I love the french onion soup as well as the potato leek, and when we went for lunch I got the Croque Monsieur and enjoyed that. I always get the strawberry cupcake, it's pretty much perfection :thumbsup2
Great picture of you all in front of the castle!

How did you like the French Onion soup? We were going to try that for our dinner ADR at BOG, but I read that people were disappointed. We opted for the potato soup and it was good, but maybe a little too thick. I kind of wish now we would have tried both to see what we liked better, but enjoying your review.

I love the french onion soup, it is one of the best I have ever had and order it each time.

Hi Lori, I'm late but catching up :) Alexander is getting so big! Everything looks delicious, love the soup and sandwich at BOG. I think if the club serves Schofferhofer every day I'd consider that a bargain :rotfl2:

He is growing so fast and taking away now. I agree with you on the grapefruit beer, what an awesome surprise!!!

Mmmm, love BOG! Although we prefer dinner :) DH and I love the french onion soup as well as the potato leek, and when we went for lunch I got the Croque Monsieur and enjoyed that. I always get the strawberry cupcake, it's pretty much perfection :thumbsup2
Great picture of you all in front of the castle!

I may have to give dinner another try sometime. We went when it first opened and you know how that can go with a new place.

Love BOG and the French Onion soup there. Reminds me I have a crock pot French Onion soup recipe I have been meaning to try...
Katsura Grill is a favorite too, all my boys love sushi AND noodle bowls :thumbsup2

You and your little family are so beautiful!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your reviews. :)

IMG_2081.JPG IMG_2079.JPG That afternoon after hitting the gym at the YC for an hour (had to pack in a work out a few times while on vacay), we enjoyed a few drinks at the lounge before heading over F&W. First stop was in Ireland at my beloved Fishermans Pie. Such an excellent dish, I paired it with a raspberry beer. It went well together. From there is was onto the Florida Fresh booth were we sampled the loaded mac and cheese. This was excellent. I also tried the alderberry cider. This was one of the best drinks I had all week. So lights and fresh that I went back for another. From there Peter had another beer from Mexico and I had the pineapple margarita. It was strong and sweet, very tasty. We didn't have dinner that night as adult drinks galore and a few snacks were enough satisfy us for the evening.

Attachments

• IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Update Time!!

The next day after a fun morning in AK we took a bus ride over to one of our favs Sanaa! This place is a must do for us. The restaurant wasn't too busy and we had a very nice server. For starters we opted for the Naan bread sampler with 9 sauces. Our server let us sub out our desserts with the DP, major score for us!!! I had the berry smoothie for my drink and DH had the mango smoothie. Both delicious. DH ordered the butter chicken and lamb vindaloo with basmati rice. I opted for the spicy durban shrimp and butter chicken. Everything was incredible as always. Sanaa remains at the top of our Disney dining list and at the top of restaurant list in general :)

IMG_2139.JPG IMG_2140.JPG IMG_2141.JPG IMG_2142.JPG IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2139.JPG IMG_2140.JPG IMG_2141.JPG IMG_2142.JPG IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2144.JPG

Yum, looks like a great meal at Sanaa. Total score they let you sub the bread service for dessert. That's gotta be some of the best stuff on property

Sanaa is another one we love and can't go without getting the bread service. I also always get the butter chicken; I always say I'll be more adventurous and try something different but it's just so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter