• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diabetic Dining at WDW???

Rai's Mommy

Mouseketeer
We just learned that my mom who will be traveling to disney with us for my daughter's 5th bday has type 2 diabetes. Can anyone share any tips or experiences that might help in planning for our dining experiences. I already have a PS for CRT and Chef Mickey's for my daughter's birthday. Are they able to make any special arrangements at either of these restaurants? Are there any particularly accomadating restaurants for people with diabetes?
Any helpful comments are greatly appreciated. :flower:

I am a Type II diabetic and did not have much of a problem on my first trip last September since diagnosis almost two years ago. Generally, anyplace with simple preparations is easier to stay close to one's diet, but in moderation and with some experience with carb counting and the amount and types of carbs in different foods, it is possible to eat almost anything. Some of the places that I found it easy to eat are: Crystal Palace, Cape May Buffet, Olivia's, and Tubbi's Buffeteria. Look for fresh fruit options, lowfat meats cooked without sauces, and simple vegetarian options. Take a look at the menus (published online on many different sites) and you will typically find multiple options a diabetic could comfortably eat even exercising strict control. If you have questions, call the restaurant and ask, or ask the server--they tend to be very accomodating. Good luck!

I am not diabetic, but am following a low-carb diet, and I have no problems at Disney! Restaurants are always willing to substitute vegetable for the potato, and most restaurants have sugar-free desserts. Buffets are good, because there's always lots to choose from! Boma was my favorite! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter