Departure Day

Absolutely! It's tradition for us to rope drop Magic Kingdom on departure day. Can't think of a better way to distract from the sad thought of going home.

Plenty of time to do a park that day

It depends on where I am staying (proximity to a park) and how exhausted we are from our other touring days. I typically like to do some resort touring, perhaps a late character breakfast/lunch or going to DS (if we are staying at a resort with boat transport to DS).

We always do park day on arrival/departure day as long as we can comfortably fit in at least 3 or 4 hours.

It might depend on the length of our ticket though. I’m not sure I’d pay $100+ for us each to add on that day but if it’s closer to $50 then we’d do it.

Would you try to get to a park on departure day with a 6:00 PM flight out of MCO?
We use this strategy every year. Just make it a more casual park day... not rushing to get stuff done. It's so nice to have your last day be more relaxed. Something like Food and Wine booths plus a few of the less popular attractions. Watch Reflections of China and Disney & Pixar Film Festival. Ride Living with the Land.

If you don't think you will be too tired (again, make it a chill day) definitely Rope Drop. We love to get in early, not rush, and take time enjoy the many things at DW we miss when we are scampering around to make Genie + times or ADRs.

No way....not for us :sad2:
That would stress me out - LOL!

We like to have a late breakfast at 'Ohanas, sit on the monorail and do some laps around the Seven Seas Lagoon, do some last minute shopping at the monorail resort gift shops and DTD. We like our last day to be pretty low key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter