Deluxe dining plan questions

crazykids

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We will be arriving at the end of January and was wondering if any of the latest "rules" have changed for 2017. Can the kids still order adult meals and can you treat some other guests not on the plan with our meal credits? Want to invite a couple friends to dinner, but want to make sure I can use my dining plan to pay before I ask them

Thank you in advance for any and all responses!

Hello,
We will be arriving at the end of January and was wondering if any of the latest "rules" have changed for 2017. Can the kids still order adult meals and can you treat some other guests not on the plan with our meal credits? Want to invite a couple friends to dinner, but want to make sure I can use my dining plan to pay before I ask them

Thank you in advance for any and all responses!
Neither is a published benefit. In fact, children are required to order from the children's menu. The rules haven't changed, but the loopholes still exist.

My husband and I often share meals. If he orders the entree and drink while I order the appetizer and dessert, would it still count as one meal credit on the deluxe dining plan? Usually it is entered separately as Person 1 ordered an entree and Person 2 ordered an appetizer. Would this normally swipe off together as a single meal credit, or would all of the food need to be ordered by/assigned to the same person? Yes, he could order everything himself, but that seems awkward. Anyone have experience with this?

Also, on the deluxe plan, does the included appetizer have to be soup/salad, or can it be any appetizer on the menu?

My husband and I often share meals. If he orders the entree and drink while I order the appetizer and dessert, would it still count as one meal credit on the deluxe dining plan? Usually it is entered separately as Person 1 ordered an entree and Person 2 ordered an appetizer. Would this normally swipe off together as a single meal credit, or would all of the food need to be ordered by/assigned to the same person? Yes, he could order everything himself, but that seems awkward. Anyone have experience with this?

Also, on the deluxe plan, does the included appetizer have to be soup/salad, or can it be any appetizer on the menu?

To answer your first question, I don't know if this would be necessary, but I would have DH say "We're going to order the **appetizer** and the **entree**, have the **dessert** for dessert, and we're going to share everything." Sounds like problem solved to me.

I believe that it can be any appetizer on the menu but I am not certain.

You do not need to worry how you order. Tell your server you plan to share and many times the chef will split the meal in the kitchen, presenting both of you with a lovely plate.

You can order any appetizer, entree or dessert on the menu unless the item is meant ot be for two people, or there is a specific exception.

You do not need to worry how you order. Tell your server you plan to share and many times the chef will split the meal in the kitchen, presenting both of you with a lovely plate.

You can order any appetizer, entree or dessert on the menu unless the item is meant ot be for two people, or there is a specific exception.
Doesn't sound like they want to share, sounds like she wants the app for her meal and he wants the entree. They should be willing to bring the app and entree together! plenty of people order an app. they may ring it up under one seat though.

Doesn't sound like they want to share, sounds like she wants the app for her meal and he wants the entree. They should be willing to bring the app and entree together! plenty of people order an app. they may ring it up under one seat though.

I missed that! I agree, as long as it is one order, they should be okay. I think most restaurants will do so, unless they are like Via Napoli. Those folks are strict!

When we share a credit, we have one person order all the items that will be credited and then just hand the plate to the person who wants to eat it. Makes things easier for the server.

We had deluxe dining in April with our 10 year old and all of our credits were listed together. None of our receipts specified child credits. On the regular dining plan the previous year the credits were separated into adult and child credits. Get ready for the deluxe plan.....I have never eaten sooooo much food in my life!!

We had deluxe dining in April with our 10 year old and all of our credits were listed together. None of our receipts specified child credits. On the regular dining plan the previous year the credits were separated into adult and child credits. Get ready for the deluxe plan.....I have never eaten sooooo much food in my life!!
At 10 years old, your child is an "adult" on the dining plan. You paid the adult price for him/her.

At 10 years old, your child is an "adult" on the dining plan. You paid the adult price for him/her.

That's the case even when the child is under 10. We've always came to Disney on the Deluxe Dining Plan and all credits are pooled together even when my daughter was 7.

Sorry, our trip was in April and she turned 10 in May. So she was still on the child plan in April but they put all of the credits together. Sorry for the mix up.

So piggybacking on this, Deluxe DDP questions and all, it is ok to share then? I've gotten different responses from people and customer service agents which has left me confused. Now in this post it says you can. Are there places where you can or can't?

it is ok to share then?

Deluxe dining credits are pooled, and anyone can use them. A family of four earns twelve dining credits per day. One adult can spend all twelve dining credits if they so choose, or they can share them with random strangers, as long as a family member is present with a scannable magic band.

So piggybacking on this, Deluxe DDP questions and all, it is ok to share then? I've gotten different responses from people and customer service agents which has left me confused. Now in this post it says you can. Are there places where you can or can't?

The language that prohibited you from using your credits on someone not on your plan has been removed from the brochure. Now there is nothing saying you can't, nor is it specifically written out that you can. That is the reason for the confusion and different responses. In practice, you should have no problem "buying" meals for friends or strangers not on your plan.

It's been a few years since we used the dining plan

But when we came across the buying for others, the restriction we came up against was the CM couldn't ring up more meals than were listed on our DDP. We had 5 people, so we could buy 5 meals at once. Didn't matter whether the 5 who got the meals were the same 5 who were listed on the plan.

As for pooling; on the DxDP, all meals were pooled.
On the DDP, QS meals were pooled, TS meals were separate. So, kids could order adult meals at QS restaurants, but had to order kid meals at TS restaurants.

Neither is a published benefit. In fact, children are required to order from the children's menu. The rules haven't changed, but the loopholes still exist.
When we were there our waiter told us my daughter didn't have to order off the children's menu. At Moinseur Paul the restaurant manager told us that. He said the system couldn't distinguish.

It's been a few years since we used the dining plan

But when we came across the buying for others, the restriction we came up against was the CM couldn't ring up more meals than were listed on our DDP. We had 5 people, so we could buy 5 meals at once. Didn't matter whether the 5 who got the meals were the same 5 who were listed on the plan.

As for pooling; on the DxDP, all meals were pooled.
On the DDP, QS meals were pooled, TS meals were separate. So, kids could order adult meals at QS restaurants, but had to order kid meals at TS restaurants.

The DDP plan now allows for using more credits at one time than there are on the plan...with the exception of restaurants like Via Napoli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter