Declined.

Darsa

<font color=deeppink>Has an active imagination<br>
Well, my DH just received his letter denying him Unemployment Compensation. So that basically leaves us up a river, no paddle. It's a good thing I don't know where his former boss lives, I'd go poop on her lawn. At least.

Wow, I'm freaking out here and I still have an hour left to work. *sigh*

If this was the first try for unemployment he should be able to appeal. The directions for appeal come with the decision.

There is a time limit so if he appeals it should be done quickly.

:hug:

Sorry.

It's easy to find people on Zabasearch.....:rolleyes1 Stock up on Activia!

Well, my DH just received his letter denying him Unemployment Compensation. So that basically leaves us up a river, no paddle. It's a good thing I don't know where his former boss lives, I'd go poop on her lawn. At least.

Wow, I'm freaking out here and I still have an hour left to work. *sigh*

Don't I know the feeling. I have a job now...making WAY less than I was before and still haven't gotten paid. Won't have a "real" paycheck til the middle of May.

He must appeal. I've done it and went before the administrative judge who heard the case (very relaxed setting, not like usual courtrooms). I just had to answer questions he had. Long story short, I won. I have a friend in Kansas who was just denied and went through the appeal process and he won.

Good luck!

Appeal for sure. I was just helping a friend who owns a business with an appeal filed by a former employee who had been declined compensation and that employee won the appeal despite the fact that she voluntarily resigned and lied during the appeal hearing (to the point of contradicting herself during the hearing itself). So if you have a legitimate reason to appeal it ought to be a slam dunk based on my experience.

Yes appeal, they like to give the employee the decison and sometimes place the problem on the company for hiring the wrong emplyee or not doing enought to train the employee.

appeal

Please...Tell your hubby to appeal. We have know 4 different people who where originally denied, but on appeal, they were awarded unemployment.

The last one, who had to do this, is DH's best friend. He and DH worked at the same place. They let him go to a bogus reason. We knew it, he knew it, and they knew it. He filed, they denied claiming that it was a repeat problem. When he appealed, he asked to be shown where there was a repeated issue and how it was addressed. When they had the hearing, NO ONE from the company showed up. He was awarded full unemployment benefits.

Okay, a quarter pound of swedish fish and a roll with butter later, I'm feeling a little better. The moment he got the letter he went onto the computer to file an appeal. I also work amongst attorneys and have sent him a couple of names and numbers of people to talk to to kind of get an idea as to what he should do when the time comes. I sure hope this works out; I just don't know how we're going to survive until it does, or heaven forbid if it's upheld...

:sad1:

Definitely appeal. I have appealed before and won. Of course, I've appealed before and lost. I've also fought appeals before and won and lost.

Still, you can't win if you don't appeal. Plus, I suspect that the ALJs are really favoring employees right now and lots of companies don't bother to show up to argue their positions.

My DBF was denied at first as well, but then appealed and got it... Of course, it just ended last week.. yay. :sad2:

My understanding is that most judges take a very dim view of companies contesting benifits for bogus reasons. Fight it!

Just wanted to say hugs to you and your family. Love swedish fish too but once I open the box, I can't stop myself!!

I once appealed and they overturned it the same exact day. Find out the reason and file an appeal immediately. It may not have anything to do with the former boss at all.

Im sorry cant imagine how sacred you must be right now

Appeal for sure. I was just helping a friend who owns a business with an appeal filed by a former employee who had been declined compensation and that employee won the appeal despite the fact that she voluntarily resigned and lied during the appeal hearing (to the point of contradicting herself during the hearing itself). So if you have a legitimate reason to appeal it ought to be a slam dunk based on my experience.

Our company always tells the person to put their resignation in writing. I can't stand liars.

It's scary enough being out of work - but it's horrifying to think of not even getting unemployment pay! In years past, a person might be able to find something-some kind of job just to make ends meet, but that isn't happening today.

Hang in there. I hope you guys can make ends meet until this is resolved.

:hug: I'm glad to hear your DH appealed right away.

Companies ALWAYS try to get away with not paying Unemployment. DH also won on appeal back when he was laid off.

Definitely appeal. My brother appealed and won his.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter