• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2015 Car Rental Rate watch

Nope...checked again this morning and although they do have cars available, they aren't any cheaper....more now! I guess I keep waiting:surfweb:....not expecting much as it is Christmas week:crazy2:

Nope...checked again this morning and although they do have cars available, they aren't any cheaper....more now! I guess I keep waiting:surfweb:....not expecting much as it is Christmas week:crazy2:

We are in the same boat. Rates for our dates (December 19th to 26th) have either stalled or gone higher.

Christmas week still so high. Never booking this week again. Auto is $400 and small small clown car. ONE WEEK.

We are flying into Tampa and returning from Orlando. Would be like $650 for a rental from Dec 19 - 28th. We are staying in Bradenton so doing a 24hr rental for $45 from Tampa to Sarasota airport and then Dec 20 - 28th returning to Orlando for $200. Total for fullsize $245 sure beats $650 from Tampa to Orlando. Both rentals with Alamo using Costco code.

Christmas week still so high. Never booking this week again. Auto is $400 and small small clown car. ONE WEEK.

Ouch. I guess I will stop complaining about my SUV rental for $272.

Let's think positive....maybe we'll get some awesome last minute Christmas pixie dust and rates will drop like a stone just before we travel pixiedust: .

We are flying into Tampa and returning from Orlando. Would be like $650 for a rental from Dec 19 - 28th. We are staying in Bradenton so doing a 24hr rental for $45 from Tampa to Sarasota airport and then Dec 20 - 28th returning to Orlando for $200. Total for fullsize $245 sure beats $650 from Tampa to Orlando. Both rentals with Alamo using Costco code.

DAMN, I DONT HAVE A COSTCO Card or a costco nearby.

Just re-booked both reservations and saved $18.00 now down to $227 for the 9 days.

I have a rental through National for Xmas week. Midsize started out at $454 (12/18-12/26). I entered it on the Autoslash website and they have been gradually finding better prices. Today, I got an email that they rebooked it down to $276 from the last price of $374! WooHoo! I never thought I would see a 2 in front of my reservation.

My rate dropped about $15 today with Alamo so check your rates. Went from $178 to $163+. 12/18-12/22 Pickup TPA, drop off MCO

I'm getting started very late in the game and not exactly sure best place to start so looking for advice. I will in on the beach for week b/t Christmas and new years and looking to rent a car for 1 day so I can go to HS to see lights one last time. I think I'll actually need to pick up car evening of 12/28 b/c I want to get on the road early morning 12/29 so I can be in park for rope drop. I will more than likely drop off sometime on 12/30 later morning. Any advice on where to start? I do not have a Costco or Sam's membership. I do get a deal through work with National but usually budget or Alamo is cheaper. I did a hot wire and Expedia search and that is about $150 for the day and a half I'll need it.

So annoyed right now. I went ahead and did the online check in on alamo. We are leaving Thursday morning and I am done searching for better rates.

I went through the check-in and the price was correct until the very end and then it jumped up 11 dollars on the confirmation.

I know it's not a lot of money but that's not the price I booked!

The weekly rate changed from 108.12 to 119.00.

Will I have to go to the counter to get it fixed or can they help me at the exit booth? I was trying to avoid the counter!

Check your Alamo rates. Mine dropped again. Down to $110 with Costco code & VISA coupon. Full size pickup TPA 12/18, drop off MCO 12/22

Holy cow!! We had a car booked on Hertz points but it was PITB since we have to swap cars part way through and we had to pay $60 in taxes. I just booked a reservation with Alamo using the Costco code and the coupon AD2338FDF for $30 off from 12/18-1/4 ... 2 weeks 3 days $195 all in for a Full Size car. Yes, it's more but we save 2+ weeks worth of points to use when a car isn't $72 per week.

FINALLY! Our Christmas week rental went down! :banana:

An intermediate SUV with Budget, 12 noon on December 19th to 6 pm on December 26th, $249 Canadian (saving us more than 35% versus the US pricing!).

Booked via Royal Bank's Visa Rewards website. No codes, no coupons....just a great rate. Merry Christmas to me :santa: .

Wow I never saw my rate go down for Alamo on Thursday, and now I can't even select a Minivan. Strange! Flying into Orlando and out of Tampa. The rate is $237.59 which isn't bad, but that is strange that I can't even select Minivan now!

FINALLY! Our Christmas week rental went down! :banana:

An intermediate SUV with Budget, 12 noon on December 19th to 6 pm on December 26th, $249 Canadian (saving us more than 35% versus the US pricing!).

Booked via Royal Bank's Visa Rewards website. No codes, no coupons....just a great rate. Merry Christmas to me :santa: .

Gina - I'm glad your rate finally went down!! That is a phenomenally good rate. Especially that is in Canadian $. I was very happy with my $238 USD for a midsize SUV for 10 days through Alamo. I'm glad I've been buying USD for several months and got some decent (relative to this month) rates in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter