• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2014 Car Rental Discount Watch

Oh, O.K. :(

How about the Southwest code 7013880 ?

That one brings my reservation down to $178.90 with the Visa coupon!:)
Does anyone know if everyone can use it? I did a brief search and it appears so, I just want to be sure.:)
Thank you Syndrome!

That one brings my reservation down to $178.90 with the Visa coupon!:)
Does anyone know if everyone can use it? I did a brief search and it appears so, I just want to be sure.:)
Thank you Syndrome!

You just have to use your Visa card to pay for the reservation

I wish my rate for Christmas week 12/21 - 12/29 would start to drop like your rates have. I am at almost $300 for a small SUV. I would love to get it even cheaper.

I basically done every code for AAA, Bj's, Costco, Visa, Southwest, car company cards for Hertz, Alamo, National. The SW code 7013880 with the AD2338FDF coupon gave me the lowest price. Unless your an AP holder this code seems best deal for anyone who wants to pick at the airport and skip the counter.

I wish my rate for Christmas week 12/21 - 12/29 would start to drop like your rates have. I am at almost $300 for a small SUV. I would love to get it even cheaper.

I agree. We got a decent airfare but the car rental is killing me! I never pay much more than $125 and I am well over $350 right now. And we are leaving Saturday so that kills most of the coupons for us. I never dreamed it would be 3-4x higher than normal. I expected to pay double. :scared1:

I agree. We got a decent airfare but the car rental is killing me! I never pay much more than $125 and I am well over $350 right now. And we are leaving Saturday so that kills most of the coupons for us. I never dreamed it would be 3-4x higher than normal. I expected to pay double. :scared1:

I am at least glad I booked when I did, it is now $600 - $1,000 for me when I double check.

Did you try Priceline Name your own price?

We are Dec 14-23 and haven't seen any downward movement either.

We are Dec 14-23 and haven't seen any downward movement either.

Don't lose hope. I noticed last week that people in the November thread said their rates were dropping and sure enough my early December rates started to drop this week. So I would say another week to 10 days and you should see some movement.
Also, last year my dates were the 13th to the 23rd of December and we got a Standard car with Alamo for under $180.

I need a minivan 12/18 pickup at MCO, drop off at either DFW or DAL on 12/27. Right now I have a ressie with national with corporate rate of $470 plus .34 a mile. Any hints? Is this a good rate or do I keep hunting? We'll be going thru New Orleans on the way home if that helps.

I booked flights in August for Dec 20th to 27th. I immediately booked my car rental. I got a midsize through Dollar for $217.00 total with tax. I am going to be happy with that.

I need a minivan 12/18 pickup at MCO, drop off at either DFW or DAL on 12/27. Right now I have a ressie with national with corporate rate of $470 plus .34 a mile. Any hints? Is this a good rate or do I keep hunting? We'll be going thru New Orleans on the way home if that helps.
I think that's probably the best you're going to do. You may want to see if you can wrangle a 7-day rental while in Orlando and then a 2-day rental for the way home. That way you won't be paying miles on the car while in Orlando. It's about 11,000 miles from MCO to DFW so that's another $374 in mileage but $844 is a LOT better than I was seeing anywhere else.

What are your dates?

Alamo, MCO pick-up/drop-off, Dec. 6-14, minivan

SW code: $241
Disney AP code: $210

Prices finally seem to be falling for the bigger cars.

Did you try Priceline Name your own price?

I did a Priceline Name Your Own Price for my trip to San Francisco in August and got a Hertz rental. My worst nightmare. I will never use Hertz, nor Priceline again. The slightly lower price was not worth the aggravation.

Alamo rates are down again for early December. 12/2 - 12/9 standard size vehicle @ $105. total using AP 860292 and $30 Visa coupon AD2338FDF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter