• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2014 Car Rental Discount Watch

Are Alamo rates back up? I'm getting $280.37 for PREMIUM for Dec 14-23. (passholder rate & coupon) Costco rate was higher. Minivans are higher.

Are Alamo rates back up? I'm getting $280.37 for PREMIUM for Dec 14-23. (passholder rate & coupon) Costco rate was higher. Minivans are higher.

Not sure of your pick-up / drop off time, but I see Alamo is now at $233. for a premium for your dates. Full size is $149. out the door.
This is using the passholder rate with the $30, off coupon.
Those are pretty good rates , and you can pick your car .

The lowest I have have locked in with Alamo is $188 -fullsize for beginning of December for 10 days using the passholder rate (which we are) , and the $30. off coupon.

Not sure of your pick-up / drop off time, but I see Alamo is now at $233. for a premium for your dates. Full size is $149. out the door.
This is using the passholder rate with the $30, off coupon.
Those are pretty good rates , and you can pick your car .

The lowest I have have locked in with Alamo is $188 -fullsize for beginning of December for 10 days using the passholder rate (which we are) , and the $30. off coupon.

Oh brother. I had to take my DS to an event tonight and now when I check it's $285.72 (12/14 noon - 12/23 noon). Not quite sure if it went back up or if you did something different to get the $188 rate.

I went ahead and booked. Alamo, premium, passholder rate (which we have been, but currently hold vouchers), 12/14 - 11:30am to 12:23 - 4:30pm = $304.11
Also booked a full size for $160.02.
We have 5 in our party, all adult sized. The full size is an AWESOME deal, just not sure if it gives us enough room. I'll be discussing this more with my DH tonight. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I am looking for new years week and need a vehicle for 5. I have a USAA code for Avis, Hertz and Budget. I also tried some of the membership codes I saw here, but none was better than USAA. I've tried coupon codes from retailmenot. The lowest I've seen so far is 557.44 for a full size from Avis. Is this as good as it gets because of the week I'm looking at, or am I missing some trick?

Help

Rates keep going down for Alamo !

Using ..........

Disney passholder contract ID: 860292
$30 off coupon code: AD2338FDF

I am at $168. out the door for a full size car.
10 days in the beginning of December pick-up and drop-off at MCO .
BTW, yes we are AP holders, but not sure if they ask to see it or not ? Since we are Alamo insiders also, we can just go out to the garage .

Not sure why I even keep checking .........$168. out the door / fullsize for 10 days is crazy good !!!:cool1:

I am looking for new years week and need a vehicle for 5. I have a USAA code for Avis, Hertz and Budget. I also tried some of the membership codes I saw here, but none was better than USAA. I've tried coupon codes from retailmenot. The lowest I've seen so far is 557.44 for a full size from Avis. Is this as good as it gets because of the week I'm looking at, or am I missing some trick?

Help
That's a really expensive time of the year. The key is to pick up your car someplace other than the airport. For instance, Dollar Car's "City Special" is $233 all-in at one of the Lake Buena Vista locations (The Holiday Inn or the Windham and dropping off at MCO). the same car is $694 at MCO. That's certainly worth a $50 cab ride! Or, you can book a car ONE-WAY from MCO to the Dolphin for $29 total on the 27th from Alamo using code 7014926 and then pick up the car at one of the Dollar locations the next day.

Using ..........

BTW, yes we are AP holders, but not sure if they ask to see it or not ? Since we are Alamo insiders also, we can just go out to the garage .

Not sure why I even keep checking .........$168. out the door / fullsize for 10 days is crazy good !!!:cool1:

Somehow .......it keeps dropping , STILL !

I am at $160. out the door now !

Now I am just curious to see how low it can go ..........I was thrilled with the rate when it got under $200 ...........now this is getting ridiculous , lol !:goodvibes

Somehow .......it keeps dropping , STILL !

I am at $160. out the door now !

Now I am just curious to see how low it can go ..........I was thrilled with the rate when it got under $200 ...........now this is getting ridiculous , lol !:goodvibes

Thanks just cancelled my Costco and got 10 days fullsize for $173.00!!

Thanks for the $30 off coupon! So much better than the free day coupon I had and I am so glad that MCO is taking Alamo coupons again!

I am at 125.03 for 10 days.......very very happy. :thumbsup2

Using ..........

Just booked a trip for 12/15 - 12/18 and my usual choices for car rental (Dollar, Budget) are high right now. Of course, there is not Saturday night stay so I guess that makes it worse.

Guess I'll be doing some shopping around.

Just booked a trip for 12/15 - 12/18 and my usual choices for car rental (Dollar, Budget) are high right now. Of course, there is not Saturday night stay so I guess that makes it worse.

Guess I'll be doing some shopping around.
I use carrentalsavers.com to check rates. If you think you can stomach Advantage Rental Car, they have an intermediate for $74 with all taxes. It might be worth grabbing while you search for something else.

I use carrentalsavers.com to check rates. If you think you can stomach Advantage Rental Car, they have an intermediate for $74 with all taxes. It might be worth grabbing while you search for something else.

I always compare with carrentalsavers.com, but have never rented from one of the "off brands". I may this trip if I can't find anything better. Right now, I used my corporate rate at National for $186. Same rental for a Friday to Monday is $90. But I just can't do the 4 day weekend for this trip due to other factors...

If any of you are Canadian, go to budget.com and price out your ressie with the Costco BCD w85802 and the $35 off coupon (MUGZ165). Also make sure you select Canadian. I have a reservation November 22-29 and the price for being Canadian is $193 less for a week than it is when selecting US resident. It does say you have to show non-resident ID. We are renting Nov 22-29 but I just did a dummy res for December 6-13 and it still holds true.

Missyrose, thanks for sharing!! Just rebooked for our long weekend and saved a ton! $105 for a midsize 12/5-12/9 with ID 860292 and Cpn AD2338FDF

I seen this posted on the November thread
Just went through alamo.com using costco id 7014627 AND coupon AD2338FDF and brought my total down to $265 for the standard suv and $220 for the full size car.
another code I saw for alamo is the SW code 7013880.

I rebooked using the SW code 7013880 and coupon AD2338FDF and it brought my Standard from Dec 5-16 down to $263.40 [the coupon code is when paid with a visa card]

Thanks so much for the info. I booked a full size 12/13-12/21 for 157.58
with the SW code 7013880 and the AD2338FDF coupon. I'm AAA, BJ's member, but using above codes is the best price I have found.

Thanks so much for the info. I booked a full size 12/13-12/21 for 157.58
with the SW code 7013880 and the AD2338FDF coupon. I'm AAA, BJ's member, but using above codes is the best price I have found.

If you are a WDW annual pass holder you can get it down another $20. or so .
The AP code is 860292

Thanks so much for the info. I booked a full size 12/13-12/21 for 157.58 with the SW code 7013880 and the AD2338FDF coupon. I'm AAA, BJ's member, but using above codes is the best price I have found.
Where is your drop off and pick up? Alamo site won't let me use coupon at either MCO or Dolphin/Swan.
I can't seem to come anywhere near that price!?!

Where is your drop off and pick up? Alamo site won't let me use coupon at either MCO or Dolphin/Swan.
I can't seem to come anywhere near that price!?!
I booked out of MCO with the SW code and AD2338FDF coupon as guest and then did online check in to skip the counter. You enter the the coupon first then the contract id on Alamo. I put them in the wrong order when I first started entering codes on Alamo site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter