• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2013 Pin Code Watch

Well I broke down and called today. I didn't get the friendliest cm ever, but he did check for me. No luck. : (
I asked if he had heard any rumors of free dining, pin codes or public and he gave me the "we don't know until the day it's released line. Boo. It's funny that some cm's seem to know a lot mire than others. : (
I'm goin to try to hold out until July 1.

I would give it until August 1ST. I think it is going to be announced later than usual. I truly don't think most cms know anything more than a week ahead of time.

I have checked the site every day (sometimes multiple times a day) on two different accounts and...NOTHING!

Hello! I was blessed by an email code. We've been wanting to book a trip but checked reservations online and nothing was available with my code. I guess I took too long to decide. :worried: The good news is that I called this morning and got my reservation for five nights and six days at All Star Music for two adults and two children (base tickets and free quick service dining) for $1914. I'm so excited! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

Hello! I was blessed by an email code. We've been wanting to book a trip but checked reservations online and nothing was available with my code. I guess I took too long to decide. :worried: The good news is that I called this morning and got my reservation for five nights and six days at All Star Music for two adults and two children (base tickets and free quick service dining) for $1914. I'm so excited! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

Congrats!:woohoo:

Excellent!

Still no pin code or email for us. Can't believe this will be the first year we have not gotten one. Now I am thinking to go the AAA route. My brochure said the deluxe hotels were 30% off. When I called today, the CM said my December dates are eligible for the AAA discount, but it would only be 10-18%. Anyone used AAA lately?

Still no pin code or email for us. Can't believe this will be the first year we have not gotten one. Now I am thinking to go the AAA route. My brochure said the deluxe hotels were 30% off. When I called today, the CM said my December dates are eligible for the AAA discount, but it would only be 10-18%. Anyone used AAA lately?

Where are you staying and when are you going? The discount varies, but here is a link that will give you more details. http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...isney-world-resort-hotel-discounts-codes/#AAA

By the way, if your dates and resort are in your siggy, I apologize. I'm on the app and can't see it. ;)

I've used AAA three times, but gotten quotes on several trips. The brochures are confusing...sometimes they quote using a public offer (if available) to make the deal sound better. I usually get between 10-20%. 20% only for slower times. If there is a public room discount available, you can usually get that for better than AAA. For us, the only advantage to using AAA is if the public offer isn't available, or your resort or time visiting is blacked out or sold out.

The rates vary a lot by resort, room type, and day (not just weekend & weekday, also season/week) so it's hard to compare one person's savings to another. The availability of the rate can also be low if that resort/time is popular.

We're booked for Dec. I don't know the rates per day, but we're getting 12% for the entire trip. This is for the 2nd & 3rd week of Dec. My understanding from the CM, we're getting almost no discount for the 3rd week of Dec.

Thanks for the link, my guess is any date from 12/21 to 12/31/2013 would be considered holiday, so no AAA discounts:confused3 Darn it.:crazy2:

Unfortunately, you are correct. That is Walt Disney World's most crowded time so they don't need to offer any discounts. Holiday rates start on the 20th at most resorts, I think.

Joining :) DH and I are book for 12/7-12/14 at PORS for our honeymoon/anniversary/his homecoming from deployment/all the other holidays and birthdays we have missed while he has been away. We are keeping our fingers crossed for either a pin or hoping they will extend the military discount again. I can't wait to go. Its his first visit ever and I havent been back since I was a cm in 08/09!

bornwiththeears said:

I was thinking about booking with them instead of what I already have booked with Disney and it was only going to save us $150. It wasnt the 30% that the brochure saif it was going to be.

I booked a room only at the CR directly with WDW and was able to apply the AAA discount. It was only 10%, but it is better than nothing. I am hoping for a better offer. I did not want to be locked in to using AAA Travel.

mlamanna1701 said:
I booked a room only at the CR directly with WDW and was able to apply the AAA discount. It was only 10%, but it is better than nothing. I am hoping for a better offer. I did not want to be locked in to using AAA Travel.

However If you do want to book a package with a AAA discount it can only be done through a AAA TA. You are not eligible to use the discount yourself for a package through CRO.

Im new to all this PIN code stuff - which is upsetting because I have been going every year since I was in 2nd grade - even got married there! We are DVC members and our trip is over xmas week this year - do pin codes for free dining and such also apply to us if we have a pin? We are staying a few nights paying cash because we didn't have enough points (taking 5 family members with us as a xmas gift) any explanation would be great! Thanks!

Im new to all this PIN code stuff - which is upsetting because I have been going every year since I was in 2nd grade - even got married there! We are DVC members and our trip is over xmas week this year - do pin codes for free dining and such also apply to us if we have a pin? We are staying a few nights paying cash because we didn't have enough points (taking 5 family members with us as a xmas gift) any explanation would be great! Thanks!

Christmas week is normally not included and you would have to buy a minimum 2 day ticket for everyone , so it may not be worth it to you, if you have APs.

We have PAP but I bought my parents their 7 day park hopper - Im mystified by all this 'code' stuff! I feel like I've been under a rock for 20 years!

so, any predictions on what the AP discount will be if it is released in August? If they really do extend the free dining through the 22nd of December (I think that was the "leaked" date that I saw) I am not expecting anything more than 30% for Deluxe and maybe 10% for values. Any other ideas? I have to rely on that because I haven't go a pin code in years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter