Debt Dumpers - 2015

I hear you...but depending how old your unit is, it may be cost efficient to replace it. We kept putting money into our old unit until five years ago when the guy said it's living on borrowed time anyway since heat pumps rarely last past 20 years are it was already that old. Yes, a new unit was $$$, but since then we've been much more efficient in both heating and cooling. One of these days, we'll have to replace our windows too, though, I think, to have it make more of a difference.

It's a tad bit over 8 years old. If it starts getting costly then I would replace it - but started with the cheapest option first!

We're still swimming along here. :fish:
So far I have been strong to resist FD or any kind of WDW trip. Not that I'm really that strong, more that ds15 is a PITA and not so much fun to hang out with these days. :rolleyes:

The good part is that we have been very good in keeping down spending and as of now if we stick to The Plan, all our CCs will be paid off by Oct 1. :cool1: :banana:

We'll still have dh's truck payment & mortgage but just knowing that the stupid part is gone will be a relief.
I did something kind of crazy to make this happen though. We keep a little Christmas acct that we put $25/week into. I emptied it out and put it toward the bill I'm currently attacking and funneled the rest of the $25/week to our snowball. If we can keep Murphy away for 4 mos, it would be easy to divert the snowball to Christmas shopping for Oct-Dec, then after holidays we can hit dh's truck loan like a freight train.
Dh is always working little side jobs here & there that he saves toward Christmas also so if Murphy does visit & plans change so that we're not cc-free by Oct 1, I don't mind giving up my own Christmas gifts. At least the kids would still have a nice Christmas. :goodvibes

:santa:
We're still swimming along here. :fish:
So far I have been strong to resist FD or any kind of WDW trip. Not that I'm really that strong, more that ds15 is a PITA and not so much fun to hang out with these days. :rolleyes:

The good part is that we have been very good in keeping down spending and as of now if we stick to The Plan, all our CCs will be paid off by Oct 1. :cool1: :banana:

We'll still have dh's truck payment & mortgage but just knowing that the stupid part is gone will be a relief.
I did something kind of crazy to make this happen though. We keep a little Christmas acct that we put $25/week into. I emptied it out and put it toward the bill I'm currently attacking and funneled the rest of the $25/week to our snowball. If we can keep Murphy away for 4 mos, it would be easy to divert the snowball to Christmas shopping for Oct-Dec, then after holidays we can hit dh's truck loan like a freight train.
Dh is always working little side jobs here & there that he saves toward Christmas also so if Murphy does visit & plans change so that we're not cc-free by Oct 1, I don't mind giving up my own Christmas gifts. At least the kids would still have a nice Christmas. :goodvibes

You are doing a great job!! And just think, the ds is saving you money by being a pita :). I have no vacation plans anywhere in sight and have been tackling home projects. That's where all the money will be spent this year. Here's some pixie dust that Murphy doesn't visit any of us for a long time pixiedust:. I mean I know eventually he will visit. And like you, I love Christmas but thinking of not doing gifts this year and applying that money to more home projects. It's nice to have gifts and all, but when you give the list of what you want then I feel like I might as well just get those things myself. Plus it's the same thing every year for my dad - he only wants gift cards to certain places. But we still have seven and a half months till Christmas

:santa:

You are doing a great job!! And just think, the ds is saving you money by being a pita :). I have no vacation plans anywhere in sight and have been tackling home projects. That's where all the money will be spent this year. Here's some pixie dust that Murphy doesn't visit any of us for a long time pixiedust:. I mean I know eventually he will visit. And like you, I love Christmas but thinking of not doing gifts this year and applying that money to more home projects. It's nice to have gifts and all, but when you give the list of what you want then I feel like I might as well just get those things myself. Plus it's the same thing every year for my dad - he only wants gift cards to certain places. But we still have seven and a half months till Christmas

We've spent the past 2 years at WDW for Christmas and it's been so great. We let our families know way ahead of time that we'd be gone. We asked everyone not to buy gifts for us and let them know that we would not be buying gifts either. It's been so nice to focus on spending the day together and not worrying about buying presents that would most likely end up in the garage sale pile in a few months. We get a few gifts for each of our kids and we spend the day at Disney. What could be better?

This month is kicking our butts a bit - basically too many people have birthdays this month, plus Mother's Day so it's a lot of 'extras' that other months might not have lol
Last weekend my youngest went to a bday party for her best friend; that same weekend I went to a birthday brunch for two of my bff's. This weekend it's mothers day. Later this month my oldest has two more birthday parties. Ordinarily I don't say yes to all birthday parties because let's face it, my kids don't play with everyone in their class. But these two (in fact 3, as the first party is for twin girls) are kids she plays with a LOT and I'm friendly with their mom's so how can you say no? ;-) Luckily dh has picked up lots of overtime the past 2 weeks and it's a 5 paycheque month (he gets paid every Friday) so things are evening out ;-)

This month is kicking our butts a bit - basically too many people have birthdays this month, plus Mother's Day so it's a lot of 'extras' that other months might not have lol
Last weekend my youngest went to a bday party for her best friend; that same weekend I went to a birthday brunch for two of my bff's. This weekend it's mothers day. Later this month my oldest has two more birthday parties. Ordinarily I don't say yes to all birthday parties because let's face it, my kids don't play with everyone in their class. But these two (in fact 3, as the first party is for twin girls) are kids she plays with a LOT and I'm friendly with their mom's so how can you say no? ;-) Luckily dh has picked up lots of overtime the past 2 weeks and it's a 5 paycheque month (he gets paid every Friday) so things are evening out ;-)
Well, look on the bright side, at least you don't have to dip into your emergency fund. Sometimes things just work out right. When there's extra expenses, there's extra income to cover it. :goodvibes

I am staying at all star sports 3 nights. July 20-24th. It ended up being about 320 total with my annual pass plus airfare. That's going to be the killer.

Im jealous!! This sounds like fun! Is air usually crazy expensive? When I go with DH we drive, I've only flown 2x to WDW- once I cashed in points on my debit card rewards, so only paid 1x to fly.

We're being hit and hit hard- short if it is we're having to start paying $1200 a month on my DH's student loans next month. My husband was able to renegotiate his raise and get some OT that will cover most of it, but bottom line is it's more than our rent.

We may be able to lower it but because it's not currently in active status they won't work with him. Won't be able to talk about it till June, so we're stuck paying that much at least one month. This is on top of still needing to get a new car and me going to part time in 4 months. Just thankful our credit cards are paid off. :guilty:

We're being hit and hit hard- short if it is we're having to start paying $1200 a month on my DH's student loans next month. My husband was able to renegotiate his raise and get some OT that will cover most of it, but bottom line is it's more than our rent.

We may be able to lower it but because it's not currently in active status they won't work with him. Won't be able to talk about it till June, so we're stuck paying that much at least one month. This is on top of still needing to get a new car and me going to part time in 4 months. Just thankful our credit cards are paid off. :guilty:

Oh no, that totally sounds like a hit! Hopefully you will be able to negotiate something! Sending good thoughts your way! What is non active status? Like you're no longer in school?

Oh no, that totally sounds like a hit! Hopefully you will be able to negotiate something! Sending good thoughts your way! What is non active status? Like you're no longer in school?

Non active means not currently paying, he was in school deferment but can no longer do that.

I fumbled a bit but mostly because I've been working so much. In two days I've put in 28 hours, last week I worked 6 days so we ate out quite a bit more than planned. I'm hoping to get back on track soon. I'm salary so I don't get OT, but I'm hoping for a little something extra. It's never guaranteed but they've been generous recently with bonuses and extra PTO because of how much extra effort I've been putting into my work.

I don't feel as secure with my finances since my car so I'm concentrating on getting my bills paid and then extra goes into savings. I really want to dump my debt but I need to feel at ease with a slightly larger bank account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter