Death at Dreamworld theme park on the Gold Coast

ozliz

DIS Veteran
having a freak out moment. No details yet just internet speculation. I know Dreamworld is no Disney theme park but I'm the sort of person that will ride anything in the big parks in well regulated countries etc.

How absolutely awful. I haven't been for years but I know my father and sister rode the ride they're speculating about and that makes this all the more "real."

Dreamworld has confirmed at least three deaths. Heartbreaking.

biph7d.jpg

ETA: Now the police have confirmed four.

Last edited:

I'm very surprised too. Those ride 'vehicles' are just like the Grizzly River Rapids vehicles. They're huge and I don't know how they could hit each other.
A terrible tragedy.

Very sad incident. Must have been a freak incident. Heartbreaking if they were all from the same family - I read an article that there was a young girl crying hysterically at the scene, apparently she was the daughter of one of the victims.

I've ridden that ride a number of times. I can't even imagine how one of those rafts might flip.

It's so horrible to imagine all those people watching it happen and they couldn't do anything to help. Especially as I read that one of the victim's 12 year old daughter was one of the witnesses.

I wonder if Dreamworld will be able to recover from this?

It's so horrible to imagine all those people watching it happen and they couldn't do anything to help. Especially as I read that one of the victim's 12 year old daughter was one of the witnesses.

I wonder if Dreamworld will be able to recover from this?

I wonder, too. There have been injuries and deaths in parks before, obviously, but this was so horrific, so public and so widely reported.

I barely slept a wink last night thinking about all of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!