DDP Worth It with 2 Kids?

Ames77

Earning My Ears
I've looked at menus and used the calculator on distripplanner.com, but I want to make sure I'm still getting good deal on the DDP. My 2 kids will be 9 and 6 at the time of our trip this year in June. DH and I will also be going. We are staying 6 nights and I have a corresponding number of ADR's booked. The ones we are definitely doing are Cape May breakfast, Akershus breakfast, BOG dinner, and 1900 Park Fare dinner. I have 2 others, but I may change them to something else. My kids are snackers so we will use the snack credits and I will probably use mine at Starbucks! I originally planned to just do OOP, but I think with the meals we are doing, it will be worth it. Plus, I'm afraid DH will have sticker shock if we pay OOP, but won't care so much if things are prepaid. Thoughts?

With 2 kids in the mix and the buffets you have listed, you're saving money. Use some of your kid QS for adult QS and you'll save even more.

We are in a similar situation - kids 6 and 9 and a character meal booked for each day of our trip. I've done the math a million times and with the specific meals we're doing, it will be almost impossible NOT to come out ahead. Kids and character meals are what make it work in your favor.

Totally worth it with 2 kids and those TS meals, especially if you strategically purchase snacks! I can't tell if you have done DDP before, but the entire family's credits are loaded onto your account - so when you check out, they just scan one band and deduct the credits rather than scanning every individual family member's band. And like someone above alluded to - all the quick service credits are loaded as a single type, not differentiated as adult or children's. You might be able to use a single QS credit for an adult meal that the kids split; or in my case in the past, order an adult meal for your pre-schooler b/c the kids' burger is too small, haha. I don't personally snack much, which is fine b/c that's just extra snack credits for my kids to use, who do snack a lot. One thing I will do is bring water and/or get the bottled water option with QS lunch, rather than use snack credits for that - you will run through snack credits quickly if you always end up getting a bottle of water on credit every time you get the kids a snack, and they will refill your own bottle for free. Also, if you're paying for DDP, I do set a minimum cost for our family for using the snack credit. If someone wants a super cheap thing, I will charge that to our acct rather than deduct a snack credit.

Easily will save money on DDP with those meals. We have almost the same meals for our plan, and I calculated we're saving 15%!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter