DDP Still around in 2007?

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
Just talked to a friend who had called WDW last week about a reservation for 2007, who had asked about adding DDP to their reservation (especially since we had told them it was the best part of our trip!). But, the CM told them that she couldn't add DDP at this point, because it may not be continued next year.

I hope this isn't the case - has anyone else heard that DDP may be discontinued next year?

At this point nobody knows for sure. I think what the CM was really telling him is they can't sell him the DDP because they don't yet have any details of a 2007 plan.

Some have heard the details of a 2007 plan would be announced in August, and I saw at least one post where someone was told late July. It's pretty late in July :rolleyes:, so maybe we'll hear something definitive soon.

I asked 2 different cast members this question at Disney Travel, and both said it would for sure be back cause it was one of the most requested things to be brought back, but they still had no details or pricing for it as of yet.

I believe some TAs have already received official notification that the Dining Plan will definitely be back; all that's up in the air are the terms and conditions (such as the price).

My AAA office sems pretty sure that the plan will be back, but they have not recieved information about cost/exclusions. I was told August for the information being available.

There is a thread on the DVC Planning board where two members report booking the DDP for January today. Typical of the DIS, they post very sketchy info and then go offline! :rolleyes:

One of the posts I discount because their arrival date is 12/31/06, which I think makes them eligible for the 2006 plan.

Here's the link, FWIW...which, so far, is not much.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1182192

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter