DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello Dads, looks like the old guys are coming out of the woodwork!

Not much to report from me, except that summer is now officially over in Canada since my girls went back to school today. Hard to believe how fast they're growing up. Grade 4 and Grade 11 now (for the American dads, I think that translates to 4th grade and high school junior :)). Not much to say about high school, but my youngest was happy with her new teacher and that she had several of her friends in the same class.

I'm on vacation.
So all I did today was pick up DD15's friend and drive them to school, mail off a parcel, pay off DD19's University bill, bring a water sample in and get chemicals to close the pool, return an unused clarinet that we were renting, drop by my folks' place to see how they were doing.
So... you know. Not much.
Sounds about right for a "vacation". I'm sure you'll enjoy things once you get to The World.

'Morning all...
I see a whole lot of old timers have dropped by the club house recently.
Think I'll go open up a few windows, and see if we can get the place aired out again.

Haven't had to do that in a while.
(another way of sayin': welcome back guys; glad to see ya'.)

We've got a beach trip planned next month, but our next trip to WDW won't be until next summer.
My only Disney trip planned in the foreseeable future is January.
Been a while for us but we're at the 10 day mark for a return appearance.
Really lookin' forward to it.

Would like to attend one of the DDCC trips sometime though.

I'm on vacation.
So all I did today was pick up DD15's friend and drive them to school, mail off a parcel, pay off DD19's University bill, bring a water sample in and get chemicals to close the pool, return an unused clarinet that we were renting, drop by my folks' place to see how they were doing.
So... you know. Not much.
Sounds a lot like my staycation days, or the average weekend.
Got to have time to do all the work that can't get done when you're working.

I think Brent moved to WDW permanently!
Does appear as such.
Must be nice to be allowed to actually take more than one week off at a crack.

Sadly, unless we win the lotto or I receive some imaginary pay raise, Disney has out priced us. So, we are going to try something new next year in the summer with a week in Disney followed by a week outside Destin. We know a couple from church who have a 1 BR beach condo and will give us a good rental deal. We will go back to a couple days of theme parks only and enjoy more pool and firework time in the Disney bubble before moving onto the beach.
Not such a bad plan actually.

We're doing a mix of on and off site as well.
Except for a mixture of deals and timing, they're close to keeping us out all together.

Awww. what's the difference. It's not like I get here often anymore
I doubt anyone is really policing the boards all that closely these days.
I've seen many an "infraction" worthy post else where.
We just make a pretty easy centralized target for when someone gets a burr up their rump.
My suspicion... no one posts any of the "bacon bra" pictures any more and we're good to go.

Not much to report from me, except that summer is now officially over in Canada since my girls went back to school today.
Whoa...
School has been going on for near a month already down here.
Of course, we also start summer that much earlier as well.

Morning guys. Not much more to say than that.
At least you're here to say it.
We're all glad of that.

Morning Guys, anyone else think it feels like Wednesday?

Paralympics started this morning, that means more streaming sports in the office for me. Women's wheelchair basketball on right now with GBR taking on Canada.

Have a good one.

I think Brent moved to WDW permanently!

I would make that move. Think they would let me move into the Castle?

Hello Dads, looks like the old guys are coming out of the woodwork!

Not much to report from me, except that summer is now officially over in Canada since my girls went back to school today. Hard to believe how fast they're growing up. Grade 4 and Grade 11 now (for the American dads, I think that translates to 4th grade and high school junior :)). Not much to say about high school, but my youngest was happy with her new teacher and that she had several of her friends in the same class.

Sounds about right for a "vacation". I'm sure you'll enjoy things once you get to The World.

DS's first day of grade 10 was yesterday. Where does the time go?

Morning guys. Not much more to say than that.

Morning CJ, any hope for the Dolphins this year?

Welcome, officially, to the back half of the week from London.

That is all.

Carry on.

ok I have to ask this. we all know of the question if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound. Well I have always wondered this. If I was ever to put a dole whip on the table, would it melt?

ok I have to ask this. we all know of the question if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound. Well I have always wondered this. If I was ever to put a dole whip on the table, would it melt?

Carl, I've seen you work your magic with the Dole Whips... and that's a trick question.

You'd never make it to the table with a Dole Whip.
You are the only guy I know who ate a Dole Whip in line, while the cast member made you another Dole Whip!
And that my friends, is a true story!!!!

just going back and looking at some things. I could have been like Dad #2 or 3 if I wasnt a lurker at the time. Damn my shyness gets me all the time

At the Mecum car auction this am, but they are still just selling old gas station signs for ludicrous amounts. One just went for $7000. I guess I'll be priced out of bidding on a 65 corvette with the $50 I brought in my pocket. :lmao:

just going back and looking at some things. I could have been like Dad #2 or 3 if I wasnt a lurker at the time. Damn my shyness gets me all the time

Maybe if you try polar plunging, then you'll get over your shyness. :rotfl:

Morning folks. Taking it easy right now before a photo shoot in a couple of hours.

Glad you are taking it easy. When do you start to head south?

Wednesday.

Sounds a lot like my staycation days, or the average weekend.
Got to have time to do all the work that can't get done when you're working.

Yeah... Sometimes I think I get more rest when I'm at work.

Right now, though, DW knows how badly I'm burned out and is encouraging me to take it easy.

If I was ever to put a dole whip on the table, would it melt?

No one knows. They never last that long.

Taking it easy right now before a photo shoot in a couple of hours.
You doing the shooting, or are you getting shot?
And more importantly (assuming that it's the first condition) are you getting paid for it?

You doing the shooting, or are you getting shot?
And more importantly (assuming that it's the first condition) are you getting paid for it?

I'm doing the shooting and I'm paying the model. Should be the last one I need to build up my portfolio enough to start advertising.

I'm doing the shooting and I'm paying the model. Should be the last one I need to build up my portfolio enough to start advertising.
Your work is certainly good enough to consider hanging out a shingle.
Surprised you weren't already doing such.
Have a specific arena of photography that you want to specialize in or looking to tackle various types?

Well that's a relief! I was dreading the thought of you posting photos from your underwear modelling gig. ;)

Your work is certainly good enough to consider hanging out a shingle.
Surprised you weren't already doing such.
Have a specific arena of photography that you want to specialize in or looking to tackle various types?

Gee, thanks! Nice of you to say.
I'm looking to specialize in dance and glamour (but mostly dance) I've been shooting DD and her classmates for years and figured I'd up my game a bit and see how it turns out.
But it'll never be a full time (or even part time) gig. It's a hobby. That pays a bit.

But you never know. Never say never.

Well that's a relief! I was dreading the thought of you posting photos from your underwear modelling gig. ;)

Oh, I'd never do that.
If that ever got out, I'd be swamped with paparazzi and swooning women. Who wants that kind of pressure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter