DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

More tragic news from Orlando. A toddler missing from the GF. Prayers for all. :sad1:

More tragic news from Orlando. A toddler missing from the GF. Prayers for all. :sad1:

Not just missing, an alligator grabbed him in front of his parents at the GF. Linky: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/

Sad. I remember my youngest was 4 when we stayed CBR. They have that fake beach and no swimming signs. We kept them out of the water, but they played on the beach and walked down to the edge of the water and could have easily been snatched. Prayers for the family.

:sad1::sad::rolleyes1 Please ignore this post. Having issues with deleting smilies that aren't suppose to be there. Hoping I can post and then edit to get them purged.....then I can update to what I really want to say......

Okay, that didn't work but hopefully my reply box is clear now and I can return to regular programming.......

Sad morning with the tragic news of the alligator attack on that little boy at GF. Prayers to the family.

Horrible news from Disney. They found the body a little while ago. You have to feel for all that is going on in Orlando the last few days.

Side note: You may have heard they dropped the crocodile jokes on the Jungle Cruise.

here you can actually get Iceberg rum and vodka made from 10,000 year old water

Now that is cool (see what I did there).

This day in Disney History, 1959, VP Nixon dedicates the monorail.

Interesting history with Nixon and Disney. In 1973 he was at the Contemporary having a televised Q&A session with reporters where he did the "I am not a crook" line.

Morning gents. Tough few days and again thoughts and prayers to all impacted by the tragic events in Orlando and at DaWorld. DS and I were just there and had a great trip and now hear that DS was potentially being probed as a target during the time we were down there................. Hug the kids a bit tighter today. Thanks for listening.

Happy Thursday. It has been a relaxing week at the office/ chauffeuring. Played tennis each night this week with tonight scheduled as well. Nothing much new here. It would be nice to win the lotto and focus on acquiring some vacation properties.

Interesting history with Nixon and Disney. In 1973 he was at the Contemporary having a televised Q&A session with reporters where he did the "I am not a crook" line.

I learned something new today. Thanks CJ.

Morning gents. Tough few days and again thoughts and prayers to all impacted by the tragic events in Orlando and at DaWorld. DS and I were just there and had a great trip and now hear that DS was potentially being probed as a target during the time we were down there................. Hug the kids a bit tighter today. Thanks for listening.

That is scary. I remember going to WDW shortly after Hurricane Katrina hit. If we had been there then ....

TBT, a picture of a picture of my first foray into coaching my child and other rug rats.

The years go by too quickly.

Hops grant was partially funded. They took out what I thought was the most interesting part. Now I have less than a week to revise it with what they want to pay and see if the final package gets approved.

Top O the Mornin Gents! Well we officially will be into the second and last kid off to college mode as we have orientation for DS Mon & Tues. You would think that parents that already have a kid at the same university, who have been through this 3 years ago and who are familiar with how things work, including payments, would get off the hook. Well, here's to everyone having a great weekend!
TBT, a picture of a picture of my first foray into coaching my child and other rug rats.

Wow! That looks like a Polaroid?

Morning Gents.

First day in the office this week!! Unfortunately, the first four days involved traveling and meeting. Need a day in the office to relax a bit. ;) But not for too long, there is a Friday evening and all day Saturday of information sessions and meetings to come.

Have a good one all.

Happy Friday. Been an uneventful end to the week. It's been hotter here than in Vero Beach? Why do I live here? Been looking at Disney jobs online. I know there isn't a chance we get to move yet, but it's still fun to dream.

The years go by too quickly.

Hops grant was partially funded. They took out what I thought was the most interesting part. Now I have less than a week to revise it with what they want to pay and see if the final package gets approved.

Glad to hear something was approved. Any chance we get to do free beer taste samples at the end of this project? :lmao:

Top O the Mornin Gents! Well we officially will be into the second and last kid off to college mode as we have orientation for DS Mon & Tues. You would think that parents that already have a kid at the same university, who have been through this 3 years ago and who are familiar with how things work, including payments, would get off the hook. Well, here's to everyone having a great weekend!
?

Congrats on the transition again. You have to do orientation again. The one here makes the parents' tour end where they can then write a check for tuition. True. :sad1:

Morning Gents.

First day in the office this week!! Unfortunately, the first four days involved traveling and meeting. Need a day in the office to relax a bit. ;) But not for too long, there is a Friday evening and all day Saturday of information sessions and meetings to come.

Have a good one all.

Travel and meetings. Hope the penguins moved off the road for you to get there safely. :lmao:

Last edited:
...Glad to hear something was approved. Any chance we get to do free beer taste samples at the end of this project? :lmao:...

We are a dry county so what I grow will have to go to someone else for further processing.

Hey all.
Just back from a quick trip to Montreal
(DW had a conference to go to. Might as well tag along, right?)

Another hot and steamy day today. Once again the feels like temp will be over 100. Yesterday, the kid arrived safely in Hawaii. Today she is on an excursion on a boat that picks up garbage floating on the ocean's surface. Or something like that.

We are a dry county so what I grow will have to go to someone else for further processing.

There are still dry counties in the US? What's up with that? Do you vet the people that get the hops to make sure they are sent to a good home?

Hope it was a good time. Anything interesting happen?

Hope it was a good time. Anything interesting happen?

It was.... interesting. On different levels. Missed the Canadian F1 race by just a couple of days, though... which may have been a good thing (thinking crowds.)

It's Saturday and the weekend just seems to be going by way too fast already.

As long as they can go elsewhere for processing and return to me in the form of beer, then it is all good.

Hey all.
(DW had a conference to go to. Might as well tag along, right?)

Anything fun in Montreal?

Another hot and steamy day today. Once again the feels like temp will be over 100. Yesterday, the kid arrived safely in Hawaii. Today she is on an excursion on a boat that picks up garbage floating on the ocean's surface. Or something like that.

Hawaii sounds great. Boat picking up garbage - not so much.

There are still dry counties in the US? What's up with that? Do you vet the people that get the hops to make sure they are sent to a good home?

Isn't that sad. :lmao:

It was.... interesting. On different levels. Missed the Canadian F1 race by just a couple of days, though... which may have been a good thing (thinking crowds.)

They let you drive against the F1 cars in Montreal. That does sound fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter