DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Father's Day Dinner - Chocolate cake. Winning. Played tennis again tonite. Still coughing a bit, but did ok.

Ribs sound good as does CJs bourbon. Hope ya feel better Norm.

Thanks. Have fun on the shopping spree and hope you find a good restaurant.

Pin from DS I got today

Excellent.

This is my life motto.

And a good one at that. Sounds like your management material. :lmao:

Kinda ticked I am stuck here and yesterday the kid saw this.

Did you give her your camera? That is a good picture.

...What school in NB did you DW attend?
She did her senior year of High School/Freshman year of college at what was then Bethany Bible College, now Kingswood University. She couldn't wait to get away from the folks that had her and her older brother. He did the same. They were two people that had kids but were never really parents and it has taken them years to even figure out the grandparent thing. My kids had more sheet sets from them for Christmas by the time they were 6 than I owned in 30 years. :sad2:

Happy Father's Day.....
Hope you are feeling better and got some of the rum and the cake. DD and DS are just here for the week then back across the river for them. A very short summer as we aren't going to homeschool next year so they need to be back by August 8th.

Fun Father's Day so far.
Couldn't fall asleep until around 1:30-2:00 last night, dog woke us up at 3:30 because she's terrified of thunderstorms. Lasted about an hour or so. Around 7:30 she needed to go out. It's Father's Day to let the dog out apparently. Couldn't fall back asleep after all that.
DW says. "Are you up? (Wonder how she figured that out?) Wake me up at 11:00."
DD15 asked me yesterday when Father's Day was. "Tomorrow." Says I. She says. "Can I get you something after exams?"
DD19 is up this morning and says. "I have to go to work, I'll make you something (breakfast, I presume?) tomorrow."

Oh, well. My Mom's taking Dad, DW and me out for brunch later. So that'll be nice.
Then it's off to work til 11pm to round out the day.

Mom's are great at taking care of us. :thumbsup2

Happy Father's Day gentlemen. Nothing much going on around here with DD in Hawaii. Was thinking about a steak for dinner tonight but probably not going to put in the effort to light the grill. Maybe a couple of bourbons tonight.

Norm, feel better and I hope everyone has a great day.

Bourbon seems more like a cold weather drink to me but if you really get the AC going I guess it could work.

Happy Fathers Day gents! Hope all are enjoying. In Chattanooga next couple of days for DS college orientation which starts tomorrow. Hit Walmart to getting bedding stuff, towels, lamp, storage stuff etc for him and dropped the stuff off at storage unit we have for DW and her roommate. Gonna have either a nice steak or seafood dinner at one of our favorite restaurants here.

Ribs sound good as does CJs bourbon. Hope ya feel better Norm.

The joys of setting up a home away from home. Neither of mine are showing much inclination that way. I've started filling a couple of tool boxes for them with all the basics they will need though. I can get them set up for about $300 each and they would have most of what they need for starting out on their own.

Coral! Cool!
:rotfl2:

Hope All You Guys had a Great Fathers Day. Heading back to WDW 7/12-7/19 haven't been there since Easter and a ton of New things to do plus a few challenges since then. This time at any given day we can be touring with My family of 3 to a extended family of 18 depending on the day. All together it is 4 families, I will be arriving with a family that has never been to WDW before, my wife and son will already be there when I arrive and the question was actually asked by the family if I knew my way around the airport and resort to get them there LOL you can imagine the response the got.
If any Dads are going to be at WDW 7/12 - 7/19 drop a Pm I'd love to meet up with you.

Hope All You Guys had a Great Fathers Day. Heading back to WDW 7/12-7/19 haven't been there since Easter and a ton of New things to do plus a few challenges since then. This time at any given day we can be touring with My family of 3 to a extended family of 18 depending on the day. All together it is 4 families, I will be arriving with a family that has never been to WDW before, my wife and son will already be there when I arrive and the question was actually asked by the family if I knew my way around the airport and resort to get them there LOL you can imagine the response the got.
If any Dads are going to be at WDW 7/12 - 7/19 drop a Pm I'd love to meet up with you.

Sounds like fun Ron, and Welcome Back to the clubhouse.

Morning Guys!

Beautiful day here for the Summer Solstice.

Played soccer last night, lost 2-1 but had a good run. I also scored my first goal, drilled one in the top corner trying to clear a corner kick; good times!

Hope you all have a great Monday.

She did her senior year of High School/Freshman year of college at what was then Bethany Bible College, now Kingswood University. She couldn't wait to get away from the folks that had her and her older brother. He did the same. They were two people that had kids but were never really parents and it has taken them years to even figure out the grandparent thing. My kids had more sheet sets from them for Christmas by the time they were 6 than I owned in 30 years. :sad2:

So your wife is from the Sussex area?

Hope they were kid themed sheets. ;)

Sounds like it could be a fun trip.

Howdy Stranger!

Never forget, it's Monday.

daily-morning-awesomeness-45-photos-421.gif

Finally making it back to the World and back to the Boards after an extended absence. We are on our way to Long Boat Key for a beach vacation and decided to stop by the park so we can get our first in-person taste of the expanded Fantasyland. Rather than have a long day in the park and then try to drive someplace, we are having a one-night stay at French Quarter. We will be at MK on 6/30, spend some time at the resort on the morning of 7/1 and then wend our merry and Disney rejuvenated way home.

Happy Monday. Sitting outside watching DW try new player tennis drills. She made me hit balls to her so she wouldn't be the worst. Well,.... lookout. :lmao:

Hope you are feeling better and got some of the rum and the cake. DD and DS are just here for the week then back across the river for them. A very short summer as we aren't going to homeschool next year so they need to be back by August 8th.
:rotfl2:

Thanks. A little better. I hate being sick.

Not going to home school? You ready for that?

Good to see you back this way, Ron. Let us know how 18 people commando style works. :lmao:

First guy out of the hatch is in for a bit of a surprise!

daily-morning-awesomeness-45-photos-221.jpg

There's food in there.

Finally making it back to the World and back to the Boards after an extended absence. We are on our way to Long Boat Key for a beach vacation and decided to stop by the park so we can get our first in-person taste of the expanded Fantasyland. Rather than have a long day in the park and then try to drive someplace, we are having a one-night stay at French Quarter. We will be at MK on 6/30, spend some time at the resort on the morning of 7/1 and then wend our merry and Disney rejuvenated way home.

Sounds like a fun trip. We are going to do a beach trip the next time thru. I've thought about stopping for one day at WDW before going to beach, but would need two nights to arrive, check in, sleep, go to theme park, sleep, leave next day for beach.

...Not going to home school? You ready for that?

The kids and I definitely are and I think SWMBO is ready to be done with it though she has no idea what she is going to do with herself all day long.

Good Morning Guys,

Missed a few more days, too tired to go back and catch up. Hope all are well and that everyone had an awesome Fathers Day.

Kids both start summer hoop games tonight and I am not coaching so I get to relax in the stands and heckle the referees.:rolleyes1

Started our Men's softball season last night. The positives: I went 4 for 4 with 3 RBI and 2 runs scored. As a team we scored 18 runs.:yay::yay: The negatives: We had a ton of errors and gave up 32 runs.:sad2::sad2: There's always next game. Of course my arm is sore and I tweaked my quad so ice, ice and more ice today. I'm getting too old for this #%$$#@^.

Hope all have a good week. I'll check in later. Year end is June 30 and things are crazy busy around here.

Sorry about the bad influence. Never had Weller but it sounds good. Decided on Pasta washed down with a little Makers Mark for dinner tonight.

Kinda ticked I am stuck here and yesterday the kid saw this.

Righteous!

Happy Tuesday. No major changes here - still sick, still playing tennis, and dds still doing their activities. It has been a lazy summer. Tournament is this weekend for me and I'm hoping to be close to well enough to play decent. Timing sucks on whatever this is.

The kids and I definitely are and I think SWMBO is ready to be done with it though she has no idea what she is going to do with herself all day long.

She could be your new unpaid assistant and you could spend lots of time together? :scared1::eek::scared1:

Good Morning Guys,

Missed a few more days, too tired to go back and catch up. Hope all are well and that everyone had an awesome Fathers Day.

There's that classic disdad effort. :lmao:

Good hitting at the softball field. Hope the error rate lowers along with the injury.

Howdy folks.
Well, eldest DD surprised me yesterday.
Since I wasn't home Father's Day evening, she made me these Monday night.

IMG_1510_zps5cn7cfzu.jpg

Mickey head mini apple pies.
Pre-made pie dough, canned apple pie filling.... and extremely appreciated (and not bad, too!)
(Ignore the burned ears. It's her first time at baking.)

Played soccer last night, lost 2-1 but had a good run. I also scored my first goal, drilled one in the top corner trying to clear a corner kick; good times!

Wait.... you're saying your first goal was.... an own goal?????

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

And you lost by one goal????

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hello DisDads any room for another Dad :)

:welcome:

Our illustrious leader will be around shortly to officially welcome you and give you your jail... uh... club number.

Hello DisDads any room for another Dad :)

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail 800+ of them to me and I mail to all the guys. It is a fool proof plan. :lmao:

Tell us about yourself. Trips scheduled? Favorite resort?

Wait.... you're saying your first goal was.... an own goal?????

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

And you lost by one goal????

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I wondered that too, but didn't want to call him out on that. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter