• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Morning Dads! I know the time change thing should be absorbed by now but I am just dragging today. I think that getting back home Friday from Vegas with that 2 hour time change then the hour on Saturday has just caught up to me.

Separate note, one of my team members and close friends (we have worked together for the better part of 28 years now) parents were in a major car accident last week. They will survive, but are going to need assisted care for the rest of their lives. They are 82 & 85 so if ya get the chance send out positive thoughts or a prayer or tow for them - much appreciated.

Sending...sounds really scary.

Hi there. I can answer positively for most of your criteria for membership. I also qualify as a dis papaw but I don't see a group for that :) .
Location: Jacksonville - a.k.a the armpit between Florida and Georgia
Family Situation: Married for 24 years. 3 daughters and twin 2 year old grandsons and a 4 year old granddaughter
Pets: way too many but my favorites are my great dane "Odin" and my parrot "Calypso"
Favorite Food: I know it sounds silly but cornbread and pinto beans with hot sauce.
Favorite Drink: Salty Dawg

Welcome!

Thanks for the happy thoughts guys. Looks like the hammer missed. There might be a bit extra Jameson in my coffee tonight.

Finally some good news!

coffeespew.gif~c200

images

Okay, admission time. As I commented before, I put my name into the hat for one of two known "A" Store assistant manager positions, with a 98% chance of not getting it, it's pretty coveted, and there are a lot of those out there with higher seniority who would go for it. I mean likely twice my seniority, but I still threw it out there. Are they more qualified? Likely not, but that's the reality of a union environment.

But what I didn't come out and did not let it be known, except for DW and my departing Assistant, who encouraged this, is I also put in for a vacant "B" store assistant somewhere in the district. Not a high profile position, as the stores are smaller and quieter, (also harder for a non-driver lie me to get to), but a better shot at getting. We will see at the end of the month I guess. It's still a big step, and what with my frustrations/depression issues, a fresh start might go a long way.

Okay, admission time. As I commented before, I put my name into the hat for one of two known "A" Store assistant manager positions, with a 98% chance of not getting it, it's pretty coveted, and there are a lot of those out there with higher seniority who would go for it. I mean likely twice my seniority, but I still threw it out there. Are they more qualified? Likely not, but that's the reality of a union environment.

But what I didn't come out and did not let it be known, except for DW and my departing Assistant, who encouraged this, is I also put in for a vacant "B" store assistant somewhere in the district. Not a high profile position, as the stores are smaller and quieter, (also harder for a non-driver lie me to get to), but a better shot at getting. We will see at the end of the month I guess. It's still a big step, and what with my frustrations/depression issues, a fresh start might go a long way.

Praying for a Great outcome from this.

Good morning guys,

Good luck Brent.

Random question. Is it acceptable to put a kid in the shower with their pajamas still on? (asking for a friend)

'Morning all...

C'mon stats. Don't give up on me.

Still tinkering but it ain't lookin' good.
I can't hack into the database structure that underlies the Boards (nor should I)
and I haven't found either a way to copy out all data in a thread or an outside app that would do the calculating.

I asked the Mods about it and they confirmed that there isn't a way to do this any more, but that they might consider some kind of add-on at some time in the future. Stressing the "might" part of the answer. Actually they haven't even worked out what the new limit for the size of a thread will be in the new environment beyond noteing that It'll be larger then the old rule of 250. Posibally a lot larger.

What are standards?

Somthing that my DW obviously lowered or I'd most certainly still be single.

May one of these outcomes actually arise.
And may it be the one that will do best by you.

Good morning guys.

:wave:

Random question. Is it acceptable to put a kid in the shower with their pajamas still on? (asking for a friend)

Don't know the details here, but...

Let's say that the young'en in question was basically standing there refusing to get undressed and into the shower like he/she was just told to do. That's open defiance, and as a parent, you can't let that go (especially if it's a younger child). Put 'em in, jamies and all, and let them figure out how to clean up the mess. once they realize that you will act on a theoretical consequence, You'll likely not have to do it again.

Morning all, thanks for the thoughts. The B store in reality will really only work if it's one of two stores, others look at a long commute. But we'll see

It's a moot point now so post pad all you want. Under the new design of the boards...
there's no longer any way to track individual post counts per thread.

WHAT??? But...how will I...

Ok, I confess, I really didn't pay attention to the post counts.

Think Brady is peeing his pants a little bit with the Phins signing Suh?

I don't get the impression he's too scared.

Yeah, healthcare sucks everywhere. We now use HSA's and I think that they actually make sense. They make you do comparison shopping. My MRI cost $486 but if I had gotten it done at the hospital where my surgeon was based, it would have cost around $1200.

One of these days I'll have to have someone explain the concept of a deductible on a health insurance plan. I'm paying the company this huge monthly premium all for the privilege of paying 100% of my own costs out of pocket anyway. The moral, as always, is: don't get sick.

Brent, good luck, and I hope it becomes readily apparent where the right place for you is. Hope it works out for the best.

I'm in a similar situation: I have 1 interview for 2 promotional opportunities on Monday the 23rd. This might be my best chance yet, but after being shot down so many times I'm very hesitant to get my hopes up.

...But what I didn't come out and did not let it be known, except for DW and my departing Assistant, who encouraged this, is I also put in for a vacant "B" store assistant somewhere in the district. Not a high profile position, as the stores are smaller and quieter, (also harder for a non-driver lie me to get to), but a better shot at getting. We will see at the end of the month I guess. It's still a big step, and what with my frustrations/depression issues, a fresh start might go a long way.

Best wishes and prayers.

Absolutely. I've also been known to hose the kids down clothes and all before allowing them in the house. It is perfect mud weather and they like to see how dirty they can get and still be recognizable.

Still tinkering but it ain't lookin' good.
I can't hack into the database structure that underlies the Boards (nor should I)
and I haven't found either a way to copy out all data in a thread or an outside app that would do the calculating.

I asked the Mods about it and they confirmed that there isn't a way to do this any more, but that they might consider some kind of add-on at some time in the future. Stressing the "might" part of the answer. Actually they haven't even worked out what the new limit for the size of a thread will be in the new environment beyond noteing that It'll be larger then the old rule of 250. Posibally a lot larger...

:scared1:. How will we know when to race to the finish with pictures of bacon? Maybe I should just start now. :scratchin

I'm in a similar situation: I have 1 interview for 2 promotional opportunities on Monday the 23rd. This might be my best chance yet, but after being shot down so many times I'm very hesitant to get my hopes up.

Best wishes and prayers.

Afternoon gents. Been crazy nutz at work so much so that I am not enjoying the countdown to our DL trip that is just 4 days away. We have hit the half way point of the week so hope all are looking forward to a great weekend.
Hi there. I can answer positively for most of your criteria for membership. I also qualify as a dis papaw but I don't see a group for that :) .
Location: Jacksonville - a.k.a the armpit between Florida and Georgia
Family Situation: Married for 24 years. 3 daughters and twin 2 year old grandsons and a 4 year old granddaughter
Pets: way too many but my favorites are my great dane "Odin" and my parrot "Calypso"
Favorite Food: I know it sounds silly but cornbread and pinto beans with hot sauce.
Favorite Drink: Salty Dawg
Welcome!

Thanks for the happy thoughts guys. Looks like the hammer missed. There might be a bit extra Jameson in my coffee tonight.
Great news, but why the coffee?

Unfortunate...
I've got time, request granted.
That is scary stuff. Prayers for them and your friend.
Sending...sounds really scary.
Thanks to all for the thoughts, it is taking a toll on my friend, tough to see.

All the best and good luck with this Bret
Yes, yest it is. We did it to DD back when she was 3 or 4 having a major melt down / tantrum that we could not get settled down. Remembered hearing a friend talk about when this happens to put them in a shower clothes and all. We did and DD shut up.
One of these days I'll have to have someone explain the concept of a deductible on a health insurance plan. I'm paying the company this huge monthly premium all for the privilege of paying 100% of my own costs out of pocket anyway. The moral, as always, is: don't get sick.

I'm with ya on the health plans, I too pay for the luxury of paying an annual out of pocket deductible that is pretty sizable through HSA.

Good luck on the promotion opportunity

Thank you for the warm welcome. Maybe this humble offering of a bacon-wrapped meatloaf that I made 2 months ago will show my sincerity to the cause?

Attachments

• baconwrappedmeatloaf-2.jpg
    baconwrappedmeatloaf-2.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 3

I think the term "insurance" is a misnomer. If you look at how you would use homeowners, life or auto insurance, you pay x amount of $$ to cover an unanticipated event. With health insurance, you have a pretty good chance of needing it. People are more prone to become sick as an "insurance event" versus car accident, home damage, etc. With other insurance, you would basically expect your premiums to go up after an event (if your fault).

IMO, I wish we would actually go to a system that is less insurance driven. I am a firm believer that a cash only system would create a better balance of supply & demand and appropriate costs. Exceptions would be major surgeries. I clearly don't have all of the answers but I am of the belief that the insurance companies cause the prices to become inflated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter