DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

two more days the office will be closed for weather. Should start warming this weekend though. Elsa may finally be giving up

Or, maybe Elsa can't keep up with all this global warming. :lmao:

DD is supposed to fly out tomorrow night for Spring break so I am hoping it clears out by then. Sorry winter is still alive and well for you guys.

Is the weather playing nice there? Hope she makes it safely.

That's a great list. I totally forgot about T-Rex. I have to get on the app and book a meal there!

Looks like a great line up for the kids. We are doing Chef Mickey, Tusker, and BOG in August. Never been to 1900 Park Fare. May need to add that to our list.

I liked t-Rex, but it is just a dinosaur rainforest cafe. Still, it is fun. 1900 Park Fare has Hatter/ Alice for breakfast and Cinderella & step-sisters for dinner. Both put on a decent show in a small enough face. The food is typical Disney buffet. DW liked their strawberry soup.

Liquor stores open?

Of course. The only thing that can close a liquor store in KY is Sunday. :lmao:

I guess the protestant bible belt belief is no drinking the hard liquor on Sunday, because there is no way anyone could buy any Saturday and save it for Sunday.

The wind chill is currently -1°F, there is about two feet of snow outside my office window and I'm listening to Spring Training streaming through my computer speakers. I'm kind of ready for winter to go away now.

That's a great list. I totally forgot about T-Rex. I have to get on the app and book a meal there!

Every time I respond to you, the font keeps going crazy. It must be a Canadian thing. Not enough u's confusing the forum.:lmao::lmao:

. Never been to 1900 Park Fare. May need to add that to our list.

We thought why not...somewhere different.

No idea on the fonts, it happens here so often.

I like Park Fare, in particular the dinner, we found breakfast kinda meh. Didn't hurt that the waitress, upon hearing my lament on the lack of availability of ginger ale in the World (aside from places with bars), proceed to give me a stash of cans from the 100PF bar.:rolleyes1

The wind chill is currently -1°F, there is about two feet of snow outside my office window and I'm listening to Spring Training streaming through my computer speakers. I'm kind of ready for winter to go away now.

Now? I was set Dec 26.

Yea, me too. This is getting old.

We had 10 inches of snow here, and most of KY is closed again. There were similar amounts reported around the state. Two feet of snow here might result in someone having visited a horse in a very special way like they do in Wisconsin. :lmao:

Norm, just saw KY on the ABC news. Holy Carp. Look at it this way, at least you were not stuck on the Interstate.

Buffalo is on the move. What's going on in Dolphin country? With McCoy and now Cassell, it looks like Sexy Rexy is at least trying. Enjoy the sunshine. Skies are gray here, but it will be shorts weather over the weekend with balmy temps in the low 40's.:thumbsup2

On a sad note, Jerry Remy's by Fenway has closed for good. I have no idea how you could lose money in that location, but they managed to do it. Should have done more to cater to the college crowds in the offseason. Looks like we'll have to find another bar to hang in next time you come up.

NOOOOO! Bet someone else takes it over. It was a fun place to be on game day.

Who the heck knows what the Dolphins are doing. Spending money but not sure if they are spending it wisely.

We had 10 inches of snow here, and most of KY is closed again. There were similar amounts reported around the state. Two feet of snow here might result in someone having visited a horse in a very special way like they do in Wisconsin. :lmao:

I am so glad our driving route bypasses both Kentucky and Wisconsin

Norm, just saw KY on the ABC news. Holy Carp. Look at it this way, at least you were not stuck on the Interstate.

Some were stranded for 20 hours. I think most all schools and universities closed early, but unfortunately, the rain/ ice/ snow mixture came quickly and most places ended up with a foot of snow.

I am so glad our driving route bypasses both Kentucky and Wisconsin

As long as you don't hear banjos, you should be ok. Don't drive when there is snow.

'Morning all...
For those at work, may the day move quickly.
For those at home or with their families, may it drag on interminably.
(unless you don't much like your family, but then it would be more like work so point one still applies.)

Looks like the hammer dropped today. The governor is proposing new health plans for state employees starting in the next fiscal year. Naturally, our premiums are increasing, co-pays are increasing, and now we'll have deductibles for the first time ever. So it's basically turning into a private-sector health plan, without the corresponding private sector pay. Sigh.

:faint:
... I'm kind of ready for winter to go away now.

Now? I was set Dec 26.

Yea, me too. This is getting old.

So when does the convoy pass through KY on the way to CJ's? I'll be ready.

We had 10 inches of snow here, and most of KY is closed again. There were similar amounts reported around the state. ..

8" here and 2 degrees this morning. Lots of records set this winter for cold and snow. The big concern over here is flash flooding if the weather warms too quickly.

Not if you live this far south.

If I could have found a way to make it work I would be living that far south or further. As it is now, I like my colon doctor and am not sure I want to leave KY. :eek: :faint: Can't believe I just wrote that. I may have reached a new phase in life where good medical care is more important than other things.

Looks like the hammer dropped today. The governor is proposing new health plans for state employees starting in the next fiscal year. Naturally, our premiums are increasing, co-pays are increasing, and now we'll have deductibles for the first time ever. So it's basically turning into a private-sector health plan, without the corresponding private sector pay. Sigh.

Ouch. :headache: Best wishes as you navigate a new normal.

That doesn't sound very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter