DC discount for National-It states 20% I only get 10%?

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
When I go to the Disney Club website here is what I get
Disney Club Members Now Save Up to 20% Off When Renting with National Car Rental
For reservations, call 1-800-CAR-RENT (1-800-227-7368) or book online by clicking the more information link below. Be sure to specify Contract ID #*******to receive 10% off Daily, Weekly and Weekend Leisure Rates.You must provide your valid Disney Club membership number. Please be sure to note all limitations listed below. Subject to availability, blackout dates and capacity control.
why does it say you can save 20% and then they only give you a code for 10% off? It probably doesn't matter because it seems like whenever I find a coupon or a code the base rate seems to magically increase:(

Save <b>Up to</b> 20% Off

Notice it says "up to 20%"--not 20%, period. The actual amount depends on the time frame for which you are renting. Busier periods get the lower discount. Slower periods get the larger discount.

Still, I have yet to find a cheaper car rental than National using DC, and believe me, I check them all daily prior to every trip!

Don't forget to use the Entertainment Book Coupon along with the DC discount. It saved me about $50 last time I rented a car at WDW.
:jester:

I'm not a big fan of Priceline, but I found it to be very easy to use for Rental Cars.

I just got a Full -Size Car from Avis (in-terminal) for $154 before taxes or $22 per day.

Picking up June 1 to June 8 for $154 - I thought that was pretty good.

Hi Kliebo,
I find Priceline wonderful for rental cars. I got a standard (full size two door) for mid Sept for a week, through Avis for 164.00 including taxes and Pricelines processing fee of 5.95. I bid 17.00 per day.
I would not do this unless I was sure my vacation was a go.

usually the disney club discount is 20% of the base price and if you include the one free weekend day it brings the price down further....

for our sept trip the base price for national is 130 after discounts and about 170 with taxes included.....

it seems to be the same price for our october trip too....

have not really tried the dec trip but think it will be similar....there has not been as much change in national prices lately

NATIONAL WAIVES THE 50 DOLLAR FEE THEY NORMALLY WHEN U BECOME A EMERALD CARD HOLDER. IT IS VERY CONVENIENT THEY ONLY CHARGE YOU FOR THE TIME YOU ARE THERE AND NOT THE SIZE OF THE CAR WHICH MOST RENTAL CAR COMPANIES DO. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT SIZE CARS AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO CHOOSE FROM WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE TERMINAL CALLED THE EMERALD ISLE. HOPE THIS HELPS:)

I reserved a car online at National for this coming August using the EB coupon for $20 and the Disney Club discount code up to 20%, it gave me 20% off price before tax and then $20 off for the coupon. Maybe it depends on the type of car you are renting to get the 20% off, I made my reservation yesterday. Wish I could of used the free weekend day EB coupon instead, but it says 4 day maximum rental.

RobinLyn :)

I reserved a week in December last week, it gave me 20% Disney Club plus I used the Disney Club coupon for a free day. Base rate $190.98, 20% discount $38.20, Free Day $21.83. Total $130.95, w/tax $173.38. I expect the rates for December to go down later in the summer, but I wanted to have something reserved. Will watch & cancel/rebook if they go down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter