Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Well, I’m here at YC, CL. I had maintenance in my room yesterday during apps (more below), so no pics, but I did try a new (to me) dish - sliced strip loin with braised mushrooms. In a big chafing dish, so people were loading up! It was super yummy.

My room was 5149, on the hallway directly across from the lounge. Beautiful view. It was accessible, not my fave, but the view made up for that aspect, which I’m aware is a silly personal preference. Issues included the front door not closing - it would open and literally not close, not just the normal delay for an accessible door. Pretty quick fix. Then, there was no casting to the TV available, and that took an hour (during apps 😑). They didn’t have me fully registered to the room or something? Anyways, all was fixed, and I made it over to my ADR at Shiki Sai for my beloved Tokyo Negi roll (mmmmmm), so all good.

However, this morning, I got in the shower, and when I glanced at the wall, I noticed a big clump of black hair. I’m blond, so I almost lost my coffee. I took pics, but I’ll spare you all. Yadda yadda, my bags are with bell services, they’re moving me down the hall. I very rarely complain about my rooms here and have asked to be moved one other time out of all my kazillion trips, but a clump of hair is more than I can handle.

Hope my new room is better…the CL and front desk staff are amazing, as always, but I think I may avoid YC for a bit after this!
Oh my gosh, the hair 🤢 so glad they are moving you. Hope things are better. 😀

Oh my gosh, the hair 🤢 so glad they are moving you. Hope things are better. 😀
Honestly, I was already not excited with maintenance during apps and when I was trying to relax and get ready for dinner, but that is just everyday stuff. They offered then to move me to a nonaccessible room today, but that seemed like overkill. The hair, though. And it wasn’t a strand or two. It was a large clump of hair, right there at eye height on the wall. I showed a picture to the desk CM, and he was all, “OH MY GOD, EEEEWWWWW!” I would have insisted, tbh, even with a bounceback rate, those rooms are obscene by hotel standards - it is not right. What else was in that room? It is in my mind that the housekeeping staff is the same, but I suggested to the desk and CL desk CMs that they say something to the housekeeping management. This was a distressing first for me at wdw.

Ok, enough grousing! It has ended fine, I think. So we’re all good!

My new YC room is gorgeous, a straight view of the entire BW, almost no Stormalong Bay. I think I'll be able to get a side view of fireworks, but the new Epcot show doesn't have as many fireworks as the old one anyways, and I'll see it tomorrow, hopefully from the window at Monsieur Paul :). The room is pristine, was ready at 1:30, and when I got back from the parks, they already had my luggage placed in here. Everyone has been extremely gracious, and it just affirms that the CMs here are fabulous.

Again, no pics bc my phone was charging, but they have definitely upgraded the mid-day service from my last stay (a year ago)! Crudite and dips - both shallot aioli and a super, super-yummy whipped goat cheese with cranberries. Sugar and chocolate chip cookies, of course, plus lunchables. Cheese and crackers out as well (not as elaborate as apps but a nice add), cinnamon rolls, and chocolate chip mini muffins, plus bags of crackers, chips.

In other news, there was a guy making plates. Lots of plates. He completely filled a tray, like a big serving tray for food service, not a little cocktail tray. I have never seen that before and was kind of stunned. I don't know what to say about that. None of my business, and he paid for it, I guess, but I just would never do that - although I guess that's my own deal. Also, hey, buddy, leave me some of that darn cheese dip! If he takes a big tray of wine back at 5 and cleans that out, we will have a problem ;)

In other news, there was a guy making plates. Lots of plates. He completely filled a tray, like a big serving tray for food service, not a little cocktail tray

There are a few suites not on the 5th floor. He might have been bringing stuff back for several people. Although even if that’s the situation, I would hope the person would leave enough for others.

Honestly, I was already not excited with maintenance during apps and when I was trying to relax and get ready for dinner, but that is just everyday stuff. They offered then to move me to a nonaccessible room today, but that seemed like overkill. The hair, though. And it wasn’t a strand or two. It was a large clump of hair, right there at eye height on the wall. I showed a picture to the desk CM, and he was all, “OH MY GOD, EEEEWWWWW!” I would have insisted, tbh, even with a bounceback rate, those rooms are obscene by hotel standards - it is not right. What else was in that room? It is in my mind that the housekeeping staff is the same, but I suggested to the desk and CL desk CMs that they say something to the housekeeping management. This was a distressing first for me at wdw.

Ok, enough grousing! It has ended fine, I think. So we’re all good!
If this was at All Stars, I would shrug and be happy with the room change. At YC CL, I would contact guest services and send them the picture. We all need to stop paying for this mediocrity in the club levels. I would politely ask for a reduction in cost. Something similar happened to me a few years back at GF. Upon check in, there were finger and toe nail clippings on the marble counter under the television. True, they blended in with the marble. But, if someone cleaned -- they would have been found. I emailed guest services as I have not had a lot of luck in any WDW hotel with adequate support at the front desk. They gave me a nights payment refund which I thought was great. I agree, the rates are crazy right now. Service, offerings and cleanliness should match the cost.

There are a few suites not on the 5th floor. He might have been bringing stuff back for several people. Although even if that’s the situation, I would hope the person would leave enough for others.
It’s certainly possible! But it was just a big tray. If anyone here ever waited tables, it’s the big one! He was nice, it isn’t like he took everything. He saw that I was waiting and moved over so I could get my own plate filled. It was just the first time I’d seen it.

It’s certainly possible! But it was just a big tray. If anyone here ever waited tables, it’s the big one! He was nice, it isn’t like he took everything. He saw that I was waiting and moved over so I could get my own plate filled. It was just the first time I’d seen it.
I’ve seen people come in with big trays so many times and at so many different CLs, although YC isn’t one of those!

So dh and I going 2 nights this weekend. Dd says can I come? Fine . Asked ds so many times, nope I don’t want to until now with 5 days prior and rooms gone and airfare higher…..can I come?

Mom loves family time I’ll make it work. We had BWI resort view but 4 adults (well us!) can’t do one bath, one tv.

Guess what ? GF RPC 2 bedroom is only 3429 with AP discount!

Hmmm how about BLT 2 bedroom villa TPV for 1300? Pretty sure for $2100 a night less I can MAKE MY OWN CL🤪😂👍🥰🍹🥂

If this was at All Stars, I would shrug and be happy with the room change.
I think everyone deserves a clean room, at any price level. And if that happened at a value the person should be compensated like any other guest (for example a discounted price or comped night).

I was just at AS and housekeeping was ok but not great. Items weren't replenished properly but I did call the main GS number on the phone that everyone says doesn't work and someone did come down with the requested items in about 10 minutes. I tipped them even though they were really scowling upon arrival. It was around 9pm.

Last edited:
So dh and I going 2 nights this weekend. Dd says can I come? Fine . Asked ds so many times, nope I don’t want to until now with 5 days prior and rooms gone and airfare higher…..can I come?

Mom loves family time I’ll make it work. We had BWI resort view but 4 adults (well us!) can’t do one bath, one tv.

Hmmm how about BLT 2 bedroom villa TPV for 1300? Pretty sure for $2100 a night less I can MAKE MY OWN CL🤪😂👍🥰🍹🥂
Cheers to the inventor of MYOCL. :smickey:

Back from AS. At the end we ate and drank wherever we wanted to (Tiffin's, Enchanted Rose, Space 220, etc) and still paid less per day than even a standard deluxe non-CL room for everything. Flew back in first class. Cheapest trip in a long time, just as fun. I will say that after AS, GF felt a little stuffy :sunny:

I know you stick to deluxe and we could have done a mod and still saved a bunch but I was out to see what could be done for the money. Saw a lot of couples there too, not just families. And the CMs in the food court were the nicest, ever. Got some unexpected magic there that was touching. Lots of CM compliments given during the trip. :wizard:

Back from AS. At the end we ate and drank wherever we wanted to (Tiffin's, Enchanted Rose, Space 220, etc) and still paid less per day than even a standard deluxe non-CL room for everything. Flew back in first class. Cheapest trip in a long time, just as fun. I will say that after AS, GF felt a little stuffy :sunny:

I know you stick to deluxe and we could have done a mod and still saved a bunch but I was out to see what could be done for the money. Saw a lot of couples there too, not just families. And the CMs in the food court were the nicest, ever. Got some unexpected magic there that was touching. Lots of CM compliments given during the trip. :wizard:
I will do mods in a heartbeat. Dd has done values with a friend this past year. For a short trip she doesn’t mind.

I do like to visit them. Brings back memories. We did values a lot when they were little. I just like the convenience of walking to parks. I hate waiting for a bus.

I do like to visit them. Brings back memories. We did values a lot when they were little. I just like the convenience of walking to parks. I hate waiting for a bus.
Second time at a value (we once did POP on arrival night) and the buses were good. We didn't do any rope drops. I feel like I waited less time overall than when we are using a deluxe resort bus.

My favorite resorts are still in Epcot area. Too many kids at monorail resorts!

I love the food courts at the value resorts - I think AoA is my favorite. Everyone is always friendly and they are on top of cleanliness, in our experience. I used to be a deluxe-only gal, but our last few trips have been very relaxing and fulfilling without it. I’m loving the MYOCL in my room because I can pour as much wine as I want without having to walk to the club to refill!

If this was at All Stars, I would shrug and be happy with the room change. At YC CL, I would contact guest services and send them the picture. We all need to stop paying for this mediocrity in the club levels. I would politely ask for a reduction in cost. Something similar happened to me a few years back at GF. Upon check in, there were finger and toe nail clippings on the marble counter under the television. True, they blended in with the marble. But, if someone cleaned -- they would have been found. I emailed guest services as I have not had a lot of luck in any WDW hotel with adequate support at the front desk. They gave me a nights payment refund which I thought was great. I agree, the rates are crazy right now. Service, offerings and cleanliness should match the cost.
The picture is pretty gross. I can’t say enough about the staff response, I have never had this happen here, and I’ve been coming since ‘72 and a Disney adult paying for on property stays for at least 20 yrs. I must say, it was unpleasant, I was rope dropping AK, so I had to be packed and downstairs with bags at bell services butt early, before CL staff was here. I did have some work to do today and wound up skipping a meeting since I was homeless;).

What do others think?

gah, missing you by days - again!! Have fun! $2100 buys lots of wine and snacks!

Last edited:
Hi! We are headed to Disney in August🥵 to celebrate my husband's retirement from the Coast Guard. Right now we have a week at YC CL and stayed here previously at Christmas time. We have done CL at BC and CR, and Grand Californian as well. There are 4 of us (incl kids 15 & 11). We like to try different club levels and curious as to which other resorts we should consider if they become available. We like that YC will have the pool for how smoking it is going to be, as well as the bigger rooms, and nice transportation options, proximity to parks, but my husband has always wanted to try WL. I do not know if it is worth it to make the switch. Any you feel I should be on the lookout for as I call Disney every day?

Hi! We are headed to Disney in August🥵 to celebrate my husband's retirement from the Coast Guard. Right now we have a week at YC CL and stayed here previously at Christmas time. We have done CL at BC and CR, and Grand Californian as well. There are 4 of us (incl kids 15 & 11). We like to try different club levels and curious as to which other resorts we should consider if they become available. We like that YC will have the pool for how smoking it is going to be, as well as the bigger rooms, and nice transportation options, proximity to parks, but my husband has always wanted to try WL. I do not know if it is worth it to make the switch. Any you feel I should be on the lookout for as I call Disney every day?
I would maaaybe opt for YC in this scenario for location alone - WL is beautiful, but the only non-bus transportation is MK. From YC, you can walk to 2 parks, and skyliner (with the caution about thunderstorms impacting service) or boat to DHS. The idea of waiting for buses in that heat - bleah (uber could assist there). I haven’t stayed WL CL for a long time, but I’m at YC CL now, and the offerings seem to be more substantial than last year! Congrats to your husband!

We like that YC will have the pool for how smoking it is going to be, as well as the bigger rooms, and nice transportation options, proximity to parks, but my husband has always wanted to try WL.
Your family will enjoy SAB over the (2) WL pools. You will only need buses for AK and MK. Where do you plan to spend the bulk of your Park time?
I do not know if it is worth it to make the switch. Any you feel I should be on the lookout for as I call Disney every day?
We have stayed at the WL a number of times CL and non-CL and it is a great resort to 'relax" while still being at WDW. However taking buses to 3 parks during August is not fun at all. Will you spend a bulk of your days in the parks?

Dave

I do not know if it is worth it to make the switch. Any you feel I should be on the lookout for as I call Disney every day?
Why would you call every day vs using the online option? It is very easy to use and in many cases you are able to modify your existing reservation or book a new reservation and cancel your existing all online.

Based on your current YC CL reservation, I would stick with it

Dave

Staying at WL next week. Received a welcome e-mail from the club today. Much easier than them calling. I'm getting excited.
Whats the best place to catch the fireworks?
I would start with the CL lounge Balcony if it is not busy in the evening.

For regular MK Fireworks the boat dock where you catch the boat to MK is fine but no soundtrack. The large concrete area between GP and Bay lake has the soundtrack piped in.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter