Date and Rate 2010......

Well that's a bummer! Although sailing the BVI (British Virgin Islands?) sounds like an awesome vacation!

yes...BVI is going to be very expensive. I think it has to be 1 or the other since they cost about the same...maybe sailing a bit more? :scratchin

I DO know there are NO direct flights to Tortola (where we have to get the boat)..think we have to go thru Puerto Rico. The airfare (and bag fees) are what's gonna kill the budget next year :sad2: ..hence the 'one or the other'....don't worry...might be able to talk the guys into 1 overnight stay at UO... :rolleyes1

We finally used our $152/night glitch rate. It worked like a charm. We were a bit disappointed with the hotel, RPR seems dated and the employees were not very friendly or upbeat. It was great to have the front of line access, but if it weren't for that we wouldn't stay at RPR again. I guess DVC has really spoiled us :snooty:

We finally used our $152/night glitch rate. It worked like a charm. We were a bit disappointed with the hotel, RPR seems dated and the employees were not very friendly or upbeat. It was great to have the front of line access, but if it weren't for that we wouldn't stay at RPR again. I guess DVC has really spoiled us :snooty:

lol, i luv my DVC, but it really isn't what i consider to be a truly deluxe hotel (ala Fairmont, etc.) moreso 'homey away from home' still, very, very nice :thumbsup2and i cannot wait to try out BLT in October.

RPR is the convention/value hotel of the 3 onsite; but lovely as to theme, poolscape & landscaping:goodvibes & to get it in same price range (depending on season as a disney value or moderate) is a score many would jump thru a fire-y hoop to obtain:laughing:

except barb jumping ship to BVI:snooty::flower3:can i come too;)

Damo that opinion given, my rate has dropped for October:dance3:

original one

Portofino --- keishashadow
2 nights, Friday, October 8th & Saturday, October 9th
$299xx plus tax per night AAA rate (paying bayview rate)
Platinum upgrade to Parlour Suite

revised (dropped $41+ a night:banana:)

Portofino --- keishashadow
2 nights, Friday, October 8th & Saturday, October 9th
$258.40 plus tax per night AAA rate (paying gardenview rate)
Platinum upgrade to Parlour Suite

Woo Hoo...Royal Pacific lowered by APH rate Oct 20-23 to $164 per night on Wed and Thurs and $209 for Friday night. Was at Portofino when APH rate was not available at RPR. Saved myself $75 plus tax for this stay!:thumbsup2

RPR- Standard rm
1 night- Oct. 21st
APH- $164 ($184.50 after taxes)

When I was checking the rates, I thought I was looking at the FL res. rates. 15 min. after I booked the AP rate, I just looked at the rates again and realized I looked at the seasonal rates instead of FL. Well, FL res. turned out being the same as AP so no worries!

First time staying onsite. Haven't been to US/IOA since '00.. Super excited!:cheer2:

Royal Pacific - Jurassic Kids Suite
11/9 - 11/13
Stay More, Save More Rate

$331.80 per night for Tue, Wed, and Thu.
$345.80 per night for Fri and Sat

Also, we requested a roll-away, but I'm not sure if this price includes the cost of the roll-away.

So, how last minute can you change your rate? I have booked a room at a hefty price in October. My friend is debating coming with me, if so I would change the room res to add her name. She will be a FL resident with AAA and a FL Resident pass. Do you think I'd be able to get a cheaper room at check in? Or would I need to call in advance to get the room rate change?

So, how last minute can you change your rate? I have booked a room at a hefty price in October. My friend is debating coming with me, if so I would change the room res to add her name. She will be a FL resident with AAA and a FL Resident pass. Do you think I'd be able to get a cheaper room at check in? Or would I need to call in advance to get the room rate change?

I would do it over the phone.

I would call now and check to see if any lower rates are available. They might not still be available in October.

Does Universal ever do deals like Disney where you can get 30 or even 40% off of their hotels? As you can tell, I've never been but I'd love to stay onsite! My dates are 12/18 - 12/22

Is there a reason I cannot get pricing online for any of the onsite hotels in January? I've tried at every site I can think of, including universals and loews.

Is there a reason I cannot get pricing online for any of the onsite hotels in January? I've tried at every site I can think of, including universals and loews.

I don't think they're available online yet. You can call and get the rate. People have already booked for next year just by calling.

Does Universal ever do deals like Disney where you can get 30 or even 40% off of their hotels? As you can tell, I've never been but I'd love to stay onsite! My dates are 12/18 - 12/22

You can get excellent deals several ways. You can get up to 40% off if you have an annual pass. You can also get that if you stay for multiple days when the stay more save more deal is offered. There are also AAA rates and Florida Resident Rates.

Using your dates, you can get the Royal Pacific for $153/night. That is a very good deal for Christmas time. This rate comes up without any specific codes.

You can get excellent deals several ways. You can get up to 40% off if you have an annual pass. You can also get that if you stay for multiple days when the stay more save more deal is offered. There are also AAA rates and Florida Resident Rates.

Using your dates, you can get the Royal Pacific for $153/night. That is a very good deal for Christmas time. This rate comes up without any specific codes.

That's better than my APH rate for September. I got PBH for $165 and for some strange reason, it was cheapest of the 3. Usually it's the most expensive.

In looking at rates for Oct 25 -- should a really high rate be any indication that the hotel is not half-empty? I'm booked at RPR -- right now it shows the highest room rate of the 3! Gosh, booking at Disney feels so much easier and straightforward. LOL. I feel like I'm being taken for a ride with my Loews hotel booking.

In looking at rates for Oct 25 -- should a really high rate be any indication that the hotel is not half-empty? I'm booked at RPR -- right now it shows the highest room rate of the 3! Gosh, booking at Disney feels so much easier and straightforward. LOL. I feel like I'm being taken for a ride with my Loews hotel booking.

Not only has HP made Universal wildly popular this year, but typically Oct 25 is peak time for the HHN crowd. This was an expensive/popular time of year long before HP construction ever started.
WDW seems easy b/c you're familiar with all of them. I have newbie coworkers that are absolutely overwhelmed with the choices at WDW. Add in ADR planning and they're over the edge. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter