• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Date and Rate 2010......

October is an expensive month with the Hallowe'en Horror Nights being hugely popular. Which hotel are you looking for and is it Sat. Oct 9 or Sunday, Oct. 10? RPR has $209 for Saturday Oct. 9 using the APH code.

It's Saturday, 10/09. Just staying the one night. When I type it in with APH, I still get $269. What am I doing wrong? We are looking at RPR, but whichever ends up being the cheapest is fine.

It's Saturday, 10/09. Just staying the one night. When I type it in with APH, I still get $269. What am I doing wrong? We are looking at RPR, but whichever ends up being the cheapest is fine.

When you enter 'APH' in the text box, are you clicking on the drop down box above it and clicking on 'Promo'? If not, that's what you need to do.

Also when you see the display: 'Starting at $269', look along that blue bar/stripe to the left of the price. What does it say there? That's where the rate description is displayed. If it doesn't say 'Annual Passholder Special', you're not entering the aph/promo code correctly.

Try again. I'm def seeing standard queen at RPR for $209.

hth:goodvibes

I agree, it sounds like you aren't getting the aph entered correctly.

In the first drop down box click on promo, then type in APH in the code box

Try clicking on this link and see if it works; I have filled in all the info
http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Booki...&co=2010-10-10&nr=1&na=1&nk=0&l=1&p=APH&sk=uo

Another thing I've just thought of that may be causing the problem. How many adults are you entering. You are only allowed 2 adults (18 and over) at that price. Each additional adult is $25 extra.

We're going back again in Sept for HHN and taking DD's friend so it will be 4 adults ($50 extra guest charge per night at RPR:scared1:) doing a split stay at Doubletree Universal Sept 22-25 (staying on a combination of thank you points and expedia coupons so it's only costing us $200 for 3 nights:banana: ) and RPR Sept 25-27, Standard Room, APH rate $214 Saturday and $184 Sunday. We're going earlier than I originally planned so my countdown is wrong.

Okay, first time to Universal. Got deluxe queen at HRH 11/11-11/15 for $291 for week nights & $307 on weekends + tax. Don't have APs or anything, just have AAA. Do you think I can get a better deal & if so, how. It just seems like so much more than I am used to paying, even at Disney, of course there military helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to get a better price on-site. Need the 3 beds in the deluxe.

Thanks!

Okay, first time to Universal. Got deluxe queen at HRH 11/11-11/15 for $291 for week nights & $307 on weekends + tax. Don't have APs or anything, just have AAA. Do you think I can get a better deal & if so, how. It just seems like so much more than I am used to paying, even at Disney, of course there military helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to get a better price on-site. Need the 3 beds in the deluxe.

Thanks!

Call for AAA rates. Since this isn't Thanksgiving yet, better rates will probably come out. The annual pass rate is $254 for deluxe but $174 for normal. That is really high for the deluxe. Perhaps you can do two beds and a cot? It would be tons cheaper.

Call for AAA rates. Since this isn't Thanksgiving yet, better rates will probably come out. The annual pass rate is $254 for deluxe but $174 for normal. That is really high for the deluxe. Perhaps you can do two beds and a cot? It would be tons cheaper.

Well, even tried calling Loews & they wouldn't do the resi, they forwarded the call to Universal, so asking Loews does no good. Asked for AAA rate & it was more than the Stay more Play more, which is what I have now, so no luck there. I also tried AAA & they were more. So, unless they come out with something we are stuck with that huge amount. We could try a cot, but they are so uncomfortable, I don't know that we could use it. Oh well, I will keep my eyes open & keep checking back here.

Also, even checked if I purchased an AP, & found that I can save about $40, but that's before I am charged taxes, so it's actually less than that. Not sure it is worth it, since I won't even be sure I can use it until just before our trip.

Thanks for your help.

Well, even tried calling Loews & they wouldn't do the resi, they forwarded the call to Universal, so asking Loews does no good. Asked for AAA rate & it was more than the Stay more Play more, which is what I have now, so no luck there. I also tried AAA & they were more. So, unless they come out with something we are stuck with that huge amount. We could try a cot, but they are so uncomfortable, I don't know that we could use it. Oh well, I will keep my eyes open & keep checking back here.

Thanks for your help.

When Loews transfers you to Universal, you are still dealing with Loews. Universal does not own or operate the hotels. Just keep checking for lower rates.

Also, even checked if I purchased an AP, & found that I can save about $40, but that's before I am charged taxes, so it's actually less than that. Not sure it is worth it, since I won't even be sure I can use it until just before our trip.

Don't forget to add the 10% savings the AP gets you on dining & shopping ;)

Yep, all things to think about. I will have to decide on some things. I think my AAA will get me some discounts on site as well.

Oh no! Does that mean no Trippie next summer? :scared1: I hope you're still going somewhere (anywhere!) and we will still get to enjoy your trip -- you write the best TRs! :worship:

Maria :upsidedow

Our plan is for us and my BIL & his family ( 4 adults/4 kids in all) to rent a catamaran/sailboat and sail the BVI for a week. If youse REALLY want a TR, i can do one....won't be that exciting tho :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter