D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Even if they are streamed live, there is no comparison of being in the room. The energy cannot be replicated via stream.
I agree but at the same time it depends on seat location too. If you have someone blocking you its great that you can watch wherever it is being streamed and camera's will zoom in to the front so it's technically like you were first row. Even if they do have screens you can look at in the room, if your looking at the screen I feel like I'd rather watch from home since it's more comfortable.

I agree but at the same time it depends on seat location too. If you have someone blocking you its great that you can watch wherever it is being streamed and camera's will zoom in to the front so it's technically like you were first row. Even if they do have screens you can look at in the room, if your looking at the screen I feel like I'd rather watch from home since it's more comfortable.
I disagree, for example, there is no comparison being in Hall H at SDCC when the big announcement happens or when they have live entertainment, no matter where you are sitting. The vibe and energy and hype is impossible to replicate via home screen. I assume that D23 has screens for attendees far back in the panels as well. Each to their own tho.

I agree its better to be there in person..if you have good seats. Yes they have monitors but if youre looking at monitors all the time because youre too far off you might as well watch it later at home. I went to a performance recently that was later streamed and I was standing a bit far off but I could see the performance. Unfortunately everyone had their phones out filming and taking picture. So my view was basically everyones arms and phones. I was still hyped to attend and loved the group but I eventually ended up seeing the stream later. 😅 It was still worth it 100% just because for a few brief moments I could see the group. 🥰

Hi, Just checking, and I may have missed it. Has anyone set up any potential meets in case anyone would like to say hi?

Hi, Just checking, and I may have missed it. Has anyone set up any potential meets in case anyone would like to say hi?
I haven't seen anything, but I'm not on the FaceBook. I'm happy to meet up with DISers during the sunset lighting at Cars Land during Oogie Boogie Bash, and Friday evening at the Hilton. Should I make a separate thread in the DIS Unplugged forum, or is there a different location that's more preferable?

Random, but...I'm still surprised they haven't given us more peeks at expo-specific merch yet. That, and it seems like some things will be launching in parallel at shopdisney?

Based on pin preview and what's coming from shopdisney, I'm leaning towards the MOG or the MOGxDream store for my first try on Friday. I know I love Imagineering branded merch, and rarely ever get to take advantage of MOG events since I'm east coast.

Just got an email from Disney Visa Rewards Card for free photo opportunity at Expo. Saturday at 1 PM was taken so I got Sunday at 1 PM.

The D23 Charter Member Lounge will once again be offered at the Expo. It will be located in room 205 in the middle of the 2nd Floor. Does anyone know what was in the Charter Member Lounge at previous Expos?

The D23 Charter Member Lounge will once again be offered at the Expo. It will be located in room 205 in the middle of the 2nd Floor. Does anyone know what was in the Charter Member Lounge at previous Expos?
And this is a screenshot of the 2nd floor. The room configurations are different from the last two Expos:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 7.08.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 7.08.19 PM.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 25
The first few years the Charter Lounge was great …. As many large cookies as your heart desired, popcorn, coffee tea and I believe some cold beverage.
The last few years it’s been coffee, tea and water. They had round tables with chairs to sit at. Also a few photo ops that were basically backdrops. So basically a quiet place to get away inside the convention center.

I havent been to LAX since 2019 I know the uber/lyft pick up has been changed and there is some bus that takes you there. Where can I find this bus? On the other hand I heard that if you take a bus to a nearby hotel and take uber from there you will get charged less.Can anyone help me with this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter