D23 2015

Well I've never done One Man's Dream and the Backlot Tour was a bore. But that's just a matter of taste I suppose. DHS hasn't dropped anything I really care about. But some of this is still speculation. We don't know for sure if certain shows are actually being closed or moved or what.
True that it is all speculation and I won't be critical until I know more. It's fun to think about though.

I personally think that the original Backlot Tour was pretty fun. The later version was just plain bad though.

Can someone explain what Rivers of Light is?

Also what is tar Wars Launch Bay / Seasons of The Force?

Rivers of Light is a projection and water (a bit like Fantasmic perhaps) based night time show for Animal Kingdom. The images they showed looked spectacular.

Star Wars Launch Bay is going to be a mixture of meet and greets and promotion for the new Star Wars stuff as a way to keep people excited while they take 10 years to build the land. Okay maybe just 5 years.

Seasons of the Force is maybe just Disneyland??? Sounds like it will be things like Space Mountain getting a temporary make over and becoming Hyperspace Mountain.

Well the Muppets would be a loss but hasn't been updated in years and really, Lights, Motors Action does anyone actually care if that goes?

Granted I'm a Star Wars fan but I'll take those losses for 14 acres of highly themed new land and a couple of solid rides.

Muppets seems like a strange thing to lose just as they bring back the TV series to a whole new generation.

Can someone explain what Rivers of Light is?

Also what is tar Wars Launch Bay / Seasons of The Force?

ROL will be a nighttime light/water show in AK incorporating the Tree of Life and the surrounding river. All the construction near EE at the moment is for that.

Star Wars Launch Bay will be a sort of expo hall in both DLR and DHS for showing off film props/costumes and the latest in gaming for the series.

Seasons of the Force is SWW expanded to both coasts. Not sure if it'll replace SWW or be standalone but think extra SW presence.

I'm pretty satisfied with what they announced. I was a bit dissapointed by the Avatar segment though. They barely revealed any details on the rides/the area itself. Considering that Pandora is the next big expansion to open, I would expect some extra details. Additionally, I thought they were too cautious regarding dates and locations. I guess that's kind of understandable

As I said before, though, there are at least two more D23 Expos before we get Star Wars land, so there's no reason for them to reveal everything this year. I think Marvel land is projected to open after Star Wars land, and it's still too soon to announce it. Remember that Disney's deal to spend 1 billion ends in 2024.

Muppets seems like a strange thing to lose just as they bring back the TV series to a whole new generation.
I agree. Losing Muppets and Mermaid would mean no indoor shows at HS. I just can't see that happening.

Pizza Planet is light years away from where Toy Story Land looks to be going, so it wouldn't be surprising to see it closed. It's actually right there with Muppets, in the prime zone for Star Wars.

To be honest, they can do a lot better than Pizza Planet anyway -- the theme could have been better executed and the food could be better.

Oh I agree completely, I remembered it being by the muppet fountain but I couldn't remember where in relation that was to Toy Story Mania. My husband really wanted to check it out but when I showed him the pics he was disappointed it wasn't accurate to the movie so I don't think it will be a loss either.

No, in fact they went out if their way to avoid talking anything close to schedules. Educated guesses 2017-18 for Toy Story, 2020-2021 for Star Wars. 2017 and may slip into 2018 for Avatar
As far as I know avatar is on schedule still

I will add links to front page when I get to a computer and don't have to use my phone.

I will also add videos later.

I'm sorry but I'm as disappointed as I was in 2011. A huge chunk of MGM frees up with about $3 billion rumored and all we get is some small little things (not counting Star Wars) that barely compensate for how much what was taken out! Same thing with Epcot!

Just shows how subjective all of this is! I am THRILLED with everything I heard in the parks live stream -- all of it! And I can barely remember what's been "lost" already.

Except if we lose Muppets. While we don't even go to it every trip, there is a nostalgia about it.

But I admit I'd trade it in for SW Land in a heartbeat as someone who has wanted to walk into a SW film since 1980!! :)

Seasons of the Force is SWW expanded to both coasts. Not sure if it'll replace SWW or be standalone but think extra SW presence.

I'm hoping it's just extra presence. There's a lot more at SWW than just the fireworks. I hope they don't get rid of SWW. I'm planning a trip around it for next year.

I'm hoping it's just extra presence. There's a lot more at SWW than just the fireworks. I hope they don't get rid of SWW. I'm planning a trip around it for next year.
So am I. Any idea when we could expect an announcement about SWW? Was it in Oct/Nov last year??

So am I. Any idea when we could expect an announcement about SWW? Was it in Oct/Nov last year??

Yulilin's thread says the dates and meals were announced 12/3, which is forever. At least she will start the thread up on 9/1. I will probably start the roll call thread after dates and meals are announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter