D23 2015

I have a challenge for you all (a selfish challenge perhaps). I can't watch every minute on this thread, or read everything out there (although I am trying). Some things I read I don't know if it was actually announced at D23, or if it is just predictions, or what they hope for, or just some person making everybody think something that is not (I doubt much of the last). So help me out...Name the top 10 things (in your opinion) coming from D23 so far. I would bet (most) will have Star Wars Land as #1 (I would count both Star wars Lands as one thing). Toy Story Land might be #2 for many (or #1 for the kids at heart). What is your top 10 - this will help me know what actually happened.

(examples - I heard someone say once that Disney was going to or did announce or was predicting they would announce that the Disney Cruise was getting 2 new ships...another said they got a new island...I almost don't think either happened...or maybe I think one did...I just don't know)

You're right. It is great! Better make everything family then. Haunted Mansion? Too scary, so that one can go in favor of some tea cups based on Moana! Space mountain is in the dark and too scary for kids because of the dark. Light it up and take it out, build a Dumbo ride but with Buzz Lightyear space ships! Let's overhaul this place FOR THE KIDS

Sybernova, you do realize that DL and WDW were created as a place for children and parents to have fun together correct? There is currently one ride appropriate for young children at DHS. Bigger kids and adults have ToT, RnRC, Star Tours and now Star Wars Land. God forbid they add some more rides for the younger crowd to justify actually bringing the little ones there and spending the day as a family. Maybe you should spend more time at Universal.

Glad the Toy Story and Star Wars lands are announced, but I really wish they had showed it as a re-do of the whole park.

Also - it sure doesn't seem to be a rumored $2.8 billion re-do.

WOW they have an Iron Man ride at Hong Kong. Start of more Marvel rides at Disney? I HOPE SO! Those could be so amazing all across the world! Might show the Universal was able to come to some sort of deal?

EDIT: Looks like a Star Tours type ride. I will honestly take what I can get on that front.

When I hear "kiddie coaster", I think of 7DMT, Thunder Mountain, and Barnstormer; all of which are rides that my husband and I enjoyed well before we had our daughter and still enjoy now. I'm expecting the same thing with this Toy Story coaster. I think it will be one that the family can all enjoy together. I don't see anything wrong with that. Isn't that the idea behind Disneyland in the first place? I get things not exciting you. I have never cared for Star Wars so am really not all that pumped about the expansion - it's just not something I see myself spending a significant time in unless the people I am with want to go. However, I get why they are doing it and do think it is the best thing for the park as it will be a well loved expansion. I don't think every expansion has to be something I will 100% love. So far, the expansions sound great for the park.

That Iron Man Experience looks like it will be quite like Universal's Spider-man and Transformers rides. I'm not saying that's a bad thing mind you.

Yes, if only you'd go back to playing your video games and imagining all the rad rides Disney is not building for poor you.

Sybernova, you do realize that DL and WDW were created as a place for children and parents to have fun together correct? There is currently one ride appropriate for young children at DHS. Bigger kids and adults have ToT, RnRC, Star Tours and now Star Wars Land. God forbid they add some more rides for the younger crowd to justify actually bringing the little ones there and spending the day as a family. Maybe you should spend more time at Universal.

I have no problem at all with them having rides for the kids. I think some of them are pretty endearing and I even ride one or two for nostalgia at MK. But only two rides, and only for kids? People will enjoy it. Kids will love both rides. For me, personally, it adds nothing. Did I say no one should attend the land? Did I say they should scrap it and re-do it? No, I said it adds nothing for me and I imagine many guests like me

For your family* I don't understand opinions and families that no longer have young children*

FIFY
I'm 28. I've been to Disney plenty without kids as an adult. I'm just not ignorant and naive enough to think HS should only cater to adults.

I'm 28. I've been to Disney plenty without kids as an adult. I'm just not ignorant and naive enough to think HS should only cater to adults.

Yes, because I said that. Wait, did i? I can't seem to find it. Could you help me find where I said that? No context doesn't count, please find where I said those exact words, since those are the exact words you associated to me. I can wait....

Also, pretty selfish of you to go without kids.

I have no problem at all with them having rides for the kids. I think some of them are pretty endearing and I even ride one or two for nostalgia at MK. But only two rides, and only for kids? People will enjoy it. Kids will love both rides. For me, personally, it adds nothing. Did I say no one should attend the land? Did I say they should scrap it and re-do it? No, I said it adds nothing for me and I imagine many guests like me

Fair enough! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter