Current Youth Activities CM...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that there are gluten free chicken tenders and pizza available onboard as well as fries that are cooked in a dedicated fryer. There are also Enjoy Life cookies (my DH was served the Snickerdoodle ones, I don't know if they have others).

If you think you will be ordering pizza or chicken tenders/fries at the quick serve places on the pool deck every day, I would suggest you ask your head server to put in an order slip for a standing order. Otherwise, each time you go to order it, they will have to call a manager to come and take your order. If you have a standing order, they are able to use that order slip that your head server has left there and start cooking it for you when you come to the window and ask. Saves a few minutes of waiting.

Enjoy your cruise!
Thank you so much for this tip!!!! We will be spending a lot of time on the pool deck, so we will definitely have our head waiter to do this!

Thanks for all your responses so far KT. Can you tell me about the Choose Your Cruise activity I see in past Navigators? I'm trying to think about good ways to introduce my almost 4 year old to the clubs this time, but many of the scheduled activities in the first evening are during first seating or at bedtime. Thanks in advance!

KT, are the pillowcases that get decorated at Plutos pajama party machine washable? Or will the colour get washed out?

KT, do you happen to know if Hannah is still in the Club/Lab on the Magic? My son adored her when we sailed (3x) in 2014, and hoping to see her when we sail again later this year! Thanks!

is dinner always served at 6pm? How do we make sure that on certain nights, they are only limited to snacks instead of a full meal? Seems odd that they would shut services off at this time as second seating dinner isn't until later. Almost like a disservice to the kids with late seating?

JW

So excited that my grandgirls will be old enough for the clubs this time. Last cruise we had an infant and a potty training 3 yr old and only visited during open house. This year at 5 and 7 we are good to go!

What is Friendship Rocks? And I read in someone's trip report that the dress up clothes are only available at certain times. I have a certain 5 yr old who LOVES dress up and was very excited about seeing dress up clothes in Pixie Hollow on the website video.

And just because I know it "might" be one of my kids, how do you handle naughty behavior or a little over zealous/rowdy kid. She's not mean but sometimes forgets where the boundaries are. We do time out at home or have the little "Super Nanny" eye level chats to redirect behavior. So what have you found works in your environment?

I also wanted to add that the Kids Club is one of the activities we are most looking forward to on our upcoming cruise. And wanted to say thank your for all that you and your teammates do to provide a wonderful experience for the children which in turn provides a wonderful experience for the parents.

Is there a place for my wife to nurse DD (10 months) in the nursery? We have the nursery booked, but we are thinking that we may get called that DW needs to come back and nurse. Is that possible or does she have to get checked out then checked back in? TIA

KT, are the pillowcases that get decorated at Plutos pajama party machine washable? Or will the colour get washed out?
Hi! They should be machine washable. We just use fabric markers. Perhaps wash it separately the first time just in case!

is dinner always served at 6pm? How do we make sure that on certain nights, they are only limited to snacks instead of a full meal? Seems odd that they would shut services off at this time as second seating dinner isn't until later. Almost like a disservice to the kids with late seating?

JW
Yes dinner is always 6 pm. Usually the children that are eating with us need to eat as their parents are eating alone or at the show or whatever so we have to make sure that these kids at least eat something. Therefore we have to close down as much as possible so they will eat. The ones who are not eating can watch the movie that is playing and sometimes they will be able to play a video or board game. Depends on the number of CMs around at that time also.

Is there a place for my wife to nurse DD (10 months) in the nursery? We have the nursery booked, but we are thinking that we may get called that DW needs to come back and nurse. Is that possible or does she have to get checked out then checked back in? TIA
Yes that won't be a problem :)

So excited that my grandgirls will be old enough for the clubs this time. Last cruise we had an infant and a potty training 3 yr old and only visited during open house. This year at 5 and 7 we are good to go!

What is Friendship Rocks? And I read in someone's trip report that the dress up clothes are only available at certain times. I have a certain 5 yr old who LOVES dress up and was very excited about seeing dress up clothes in Pixie Hollow on the website video.

And just because I know it "might" be one of my kids, how do you handle naughty behavior or a little over zealous/rowdy kid. She's not mean but sometimes forgets where the boundaries are. We do time out at home or have the little "Super Nanny" eye level chats to redirect behavior. So what have you found works in your environment?

I also wanted to add that the Kids Club is one of the activities we are most looking forward to on our upcoming cruise. And wanted to say thank your for all that you and your teammates do to provide a wonderful experience for the children which in turn provides a wonderful experience for the parents.
Are you on the Wonder? Friendship Rocks is a show performed in the Walt Disney theatre on e last day where the children get to dance on stage with Mickey and Minnie. During this time all of the photos and videos we take during the cruise will be on the screens behind them.
If your daughter wants a dress up and it's not available, ask one of the Counselors and we will see what we can do. They are taken away to be washed at different times.
If there is a child who is misbehaving we sit down with the child and have a chat and redirect them to another activity. If it happens again or is something serious like hurting another child we immediately call the grown ups to come and get them. As there are often hundreds of kids at any one time we cannot tolerate bullying of any sort.
You're very welcome :) have a magical cruise!

Is Friendship Rocks only on the Wonder? We usually only cruise on the Wonder so I'm not aware about what's on the other ships. My daughter has loved participating but is always disappointed that she never ends up in the slide show, although practically lives in the club/lab. Any tips for getting her in the slide show, at least once?

Yes dinner is always 6 pm. Usually the children that are eating with us need to eat as their parents are eating alone or at the show or whatever so we have to make sure that these kids at least eat something. Therefore we have to close down as much as possible so they will eat. The ones who are not eating can watch the movie that is playing and sometimes they will be able to play a video or board game. Depends on the number of CMs around at that time also.
Thank you so much for this info. We are doing Palo at 6, but also seating at our dinner as well with the boys. We will make sure they know not to "ruin" dinner and call it a snack. Lol

Are you on the Wonder? Friendship Rocks is a show performed in the Walt Disney theatre on e last day where the children get to dance on stage with Mickey and Minnie. During this time all of the photos and videos we take during the cruise will be on the screens behind them.
If your daughter wants a dress up and it's not available, ask one of the Counselors and we will see what we can do. They are taken away to be washed at different times.
If there is a child who is misbehaving we sit down with the child and have a chat and redirect them to another activity. If it happens again or is something serious like hurting another child we immediately call the grown ups to come and get them. As there are often hundreds of kids at any one time we cannot tolerate bullying of any sort.
You're very welcome :) have a magical cruise!

We are sailing on the Magic.
The behavior I was referring to is not hitting or bullying, nothing like that but sometimes when she gets excited she loses her sense of boundaries; meaning that she gets loud and runs when she shouldn't. She is very respectful to adults. But I know some children get overstimulated and sometimes "lose" themselves. I don't want it to seem like she's a bully who's going around pushing and shoving kids or being hurtful. I was just interested in what you have found to be successful in redirecting behavior since you work with children everyday.
I think we will take the open house opportunity to go in with her and review the rules of the club, who the "teachers" are. Our last experience with the clubs was on the Dream. She was just barely 3 then and just became so overstimulated that it seemed like she was just running from one area to the next. She is 7 now and whereas she still can get overly excited in new situations, she is older and I'm probably worrying for nothing. She does just fine in school. No behavior problems and is a gifted student.

Thank you and look forward to a Magical adventure with our grandchildren.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear more about Friendship Rocks too. Sounds fun for the kids. We will be on the Fantasy next month.

I'd love to hear more about Friendship Rocks too. Sounds fun for the kids. We will be on the Fantasy next month.

My kids did Friendship Rocks on the Magic. They went to the Kids Club and learned a song and dance for about an hour before the show. Then they did a dance on stage and watched a slideshow with pictures from the kids club on the cruise. Then Mickey and Minnie came out.

They loved it and list it as one of their favorite things about the trip.

Hi,

do children need to speak english to attend? We are french. The kids will learn english at school, but they can't hold a conversation. They know some very basic stuff like thank you.
What do you do when you get foreing kids?

It was recommended to me that I use a hot iron on the pillowcase after my DD has coloured it. I did this and it's now been washed a number of times. Yes it's faded but much of the colour is still there 2 years later.

I'd love to ask a question! My little girl will be turning 4 the day before we sail. She loves pre-k and is very social, but i'm worried that the Oceaneers Club is going to be so packed, particularly as we sail in the middle of July (Fantasy), are the activities fairly organized or are there always kids running about shouting and being crazy? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter