• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CT family + dog murdered in Celebration FL, dad in custody

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
It seems he killed them weeks ago, and was living in the house with the bodies. I have a friend who lives in the same town in CT as this family did, so I researched. Everything seems to show he was an upstanding citizen and people are shocked that he could do this. What makes somebody SNAP like that? To kill your babies???? It seems his dad hired a hit man to kill his mom when he was a kid. Mom survived and is walking around with the bullet in her head. I guess that may make someone crazy?

https://truecrimesociety.com/2020/0...g-with-their-3-young-children-and-family-dog/

I would guess an experience like that in childhood is gonna leave a mark. So tragic.

Or something genetically wrong that dad passed down....?

Either way, horrific. And to live with the bodies on top of it...obviously something very wrong.

I read an article stating that the family was having money problems, and were being evicted from the home in Celebration.
Still very horrible, and no reason to kill your entire family...

I read an article stating that the family was having money problems, and were being evicted from the home in Celebration.
Still very horrible, and no reason to kill your entire family...

In the one linked here it said they were being evicted from this house, but owned another one 500 ft away. :confused: Why not just live in the house you actually own?

Everything seems to show he was an upstanding citizen and people are shocked that he could do this. What makes somebody SNAP like that?

The article you included gave plenty of reasons for him to snap (and didn't really give me the "upstanding citizen" impression):
-- Multiple unpaid loans
-- 3 recent patient lawsuits
-- Being investigated for Medicare/Medicaid fraud
-- Continued seeing patients for months after his license had expired
-- Had been served an eviction notice in Dec

They were a beautiful family, it's so tragic. He even killed the dog. I can't imagine how bad the house smelled during that week, I'm surprised the neighbors didn't notice it, or the police when they came to the house.

Not sure if this is becoming more common or we're just seeing stories more now, but killing your spouse or whole family seems to be becoming more rampant. I hope someone is studying it. I think mental illness as a whole is becoming like a run away train, along with a whole lot of other societal problems.

The article you included gave plenty of reasons for him to snap (and didn't really give me the "upstanding citizen" impression):
-- Multiple unpaid loans
-- 3 recent patient lawsuits
-- Being investigated for Medicare/Medicaid fraud
-- Continued seeing patients for months after his license had expired
-- Had been served an eviction notice in Dec

He definitely did have a lot on his plate, but HE put himself there. In article linked above, he told law enforcement he committed the fraud because it was easier to get money that way! OMG...

The odd thing is that if you did this to yourself (and in a lot of cases like this), the person you would "off" is yourself. Suicide. But instead he decided to kill his family. His children? How, how could anyone do that? Why? For what purpose? That didn't solve any of his problems. Obviously, I will never understand as I am a normal person, obviously he is clearly not. It just makes zero sense.

Heartbroken for the innocent lives lost.

I don't understand why someone from out of state asked for a well-check on the family. Who requests that and who is responsible for doing the well check? I am unclear on that part. So they didn't live in Connecticut or were they just traveling for the holidays to FL? That story is about as clear as mud to me lol.

I don't understand why someone from out of state asked for a well-check on the family. Who requests that and who is responsible for doing the well check? I am unclear on that part. So they didn't live in Connecticut or were they just traveling for the holidays to FL? That story is about as clear as mud to me lol.
Family requested the welfare check. They used to live in CT and had moved to FL recently.

Local police/sheriff do the welfare check. My 23 year old daughter is a deputy sheriff and just had a welfare check last week - found a 48 year old man who passed away :(

Why not out of state? If they are concerned about not being able to reach the family and can't check on them themselves then you would contact someone who could.

I guess I meant that I was wondering if whoever called had concerns before the family left to go to FL that something was amiss or not. Not that someone would/wouldn't check on them because they couldn't reach them.

I believe they moved to FL a year ago.

I live in the town they are from in CT and have some connections, though I didn’t actually know them. They lived part time in CT, part time in FL, and homeschooled the children. Apparently this man was well loved in the community and people are having a hard time understanding what he did.

They were a beautiful family, it's so tragic. He even killed the dog. I can't imagine how bad the house smelled during that week, I'm surprised the neighbors didn't notice it, or the police when they came to the house.

Not sure if this is becoming more common or we're just seeing stories more now, but killing your spouse or whole family seems to be becoming more rampant. I hope someone is studying it. I think mental illness as a whole is becoming like a run away train, along with a whole lot of other societal problems.
It has been studied (and continues to be studied). There is even a term for people who kill their whole families, they are called family annihilators. Often times, they are people who are well-respected and have a high opinion of themselves (whether or not they deserve it) and when something threatens that sense of self, they kill their families rather than themselves. It's very interesting, although, yes, extremely sad. I don't think it's necessarily becoming more common, I think it's more a matter of these things getting a) traced to the perpetrators through forensics and b) more widely publicized on a national level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter