• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising as a solo adult

timmac

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I know I'm probably in the wrong place for a truly unbiased response, but it's the best venue I've got right now :)

So, I'm single (separated not too long ago at this point), and won't have any kids with me, but I've put in my request for a quote for the cruise. I turn 30 in November, and I'm considering this as a possible birthday present to myself. Having a few more days to get in my deposit, I need to decide for sure if I'm going to do this.

I'm sure you'll all tell me this is a silly question, but is this worthwhile solo? I know, I know, it's ridiculous, but I'm really fearing that I'll feel weird and out of place amongst (what I'm assuming, yes) mostly couples and families.

I know, I know... just looking for a little reassurance...

I'm sure you'll all tell me this is a silly question, but is this worthwhile solo?

If you are talking about the podcast cruise, you won't really be solo. There are so many of us DISers, the only time you will be solo will be in your cabin.

If you don't want to go solo in your cabin (you want to split the cost or have some company), you can try to find a room mate on the "room mate wanted" thread. it is stickied at the top.

Several roomies (including me) matched up that way.

You are very welcome to join the fun! :flower3:

I go solo to the parks quite a lot and will be dragging my mother along on the podcast cruise since my dad never takes her anywhere. If she weren't coming with me though, I would have cruised solo! Do it! It's nice to only have to go by your schedule. And maybe you'll meet some cool people this way too!

I'm cruising solo on this cruise but it won't really be solo with a boat load of DISers.:)

I'm married but frequently travel solo (DH can't get time off work, etc.) and going solo on a cruise would be no different. Being "newly single" you still might be used to having someone to hang out with and your time is always filled up. IMHO going on the 2.0 is better than other cruises since there are Dis events/activities planned so you can participate in them if you choose to fill up your time, and there's lots of like-minded friendly folks to chat with.

Hope you can join us! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

I'm still not 100%, but just wanted to say, as expected, you guys are doing a great job with the convincing :)

I nearly always travel solo, as my partner is a stick in the mud.

I too am hitting the 3-zero in November and using the cruise to celebrate part of my birthday. (The other part will be during Marathon Weekend.)

I went on PCC 1.0 alone. Didn't know anyone except over the boards. I was apprehensive at first. But I had made plans to pick up a DIS from the airport and take her back to the Dolphin and have dinner with her.

From that point forward, I knew I was going to be okay.

I was alone when I wanted to be; yet more importantly, not alone when I didn't want to be.

I'm still not 100%, but just wanted to say, as expected, you guys are doing a great job with the convincing :)

Not 100% hmmmm, let's see what I can do about that. Ok, in addition the the cruise, there are a number of us going down early, or staying after. If you go early, there is going to be a DIS meet and greet at MVMCP, hosted by yours truely, and on Saturday there is going to be another DIS meet and greet at Boardwalk, hosted by Nicole. You won't be alone in either of these events....some of the people know each other from the first cruise, and then there are the others (like me) that will be meeting new friends for the first time. After the cruise, the ones that are staying are having another meet at MVMCP, and then there's DATW at Epcot....so you see...these are things that you just shouldn't miss. Besides, it's a birthday present to yourself...how can you say no to that????? :confused3 Are you convinced now? Did I push you to the 100% mark????

Go solo.

All of us cool kids are doing it. :laughing:

I travel solo to WDW all the time. Did DIS-A-Palooza solo, as a matter of fact. I had a nice balance of "me time" and "group time".

And survived to tell the tale. ;)

I'm going with my roomie I found on here. It's the best thing! You won't regret it.

Tim- call Tracy and book it! You know you want to. You'll have a blast. Trust us!

Tim- call Tracy and book it! You know you want to. You'll have a blast. Trust us!

Ha! Already got my quote, just need to pay the deposit. Have about another 24 hours to do that at this point, which is why I keep asking myself "am I really sure I want to do this?"

Ha! Already got my quote, just need to pay the deposit. Have about another 24 hours to do that at this point, which is why I keep asking myself "am I really sure I want to do this?"

Why do you want to do this?
Because we will all say we want you to join us.

Why?
"Because we LIKE you!" (like on the Mickey Mouse Club)

And we haven't even met you!

You know the answer to this.

::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

I'm such an enabler.

I guess the real question is why wouldn't you want to do this? Because you are solo? When the time comes, you will wish you are going, so go!

Just paid my deposit.

Does this "officially" mean I can join in the discussions as part of the club now? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter