Cruise right before Very Merrytime sailing - pls share your experience (Fantasy)

Carrie in AZ

DIS Veteran
If you have sailed right before a Very Merrytime departure, please share your experience. Were they putting up decorations while you were still onboard? If so, did any of their process impact your experience? We are trying to decide between two sailings, one right before a Very Merrytime and one which will be the first Very Merrytime (Fantasy) sailing of the season. Thanks in advance for your replies.

The only thing we ever saw several years ago was on the very last Hollow ween cruise of the season. When we got to Castaway Cay there were already Christmas decorations up. Our cruise was a seven day cruise.

Not sure if this was something normal at that time due to the fact the next ship in to Castaway Cay may have been the first Christmas cruise of the season for that sailing.

Since that cruise we have only done Christmas cruises at that time of the year.

We sailed 11/4 last year on the fantasy. The week before was HOTHS and the week after was Christmas. There were no Halloween decorations left. They were putting up the gingerbread house all week- an area in the lobby was walled off. You could smell the gingerbread though! And CC was decorated for Christmas, with Christmas music playing. That was a nice surprise. And I got some Christmas themed coffee toppers on cove cafe.

I thought this cruise would be a little sad - sandwiched in between Halloween and Christmas. It wasn’t. And the ship didn’t feel overly full - another bonus.

We sailed on the Magic November 3-10, 2019. They were building the gingerbread house in the atrium and it smelled amazing! I don't recall any other Christmas decor being up anywhere during that sailing. We sailed out of New York and a Park-Hopper pass was included on our day at Port Canaveral. We did a Merrytime cruise last year and I missed the smell of the gingerbread house! I guess the smell doesn't last.

You shouldn't have any impact with decorations other than the gingerbread house being assembled and finished up. IT will be blocked off which you might consider a bit of an eyesore. Luckily, it is off to the side so not a big deal to most. When you are disembarking, you will see them hustling to get the decorations and tree up. They don't mess around!

Your cruise will not be impacted. The area where the gingerbread house will be will be blocked off. They will not bring in their Christmas decorations until you disembark. Almost all the decorations will be put up during the time between when you have disembarked and when the next cruise embarks. I do a lot for things such a short amount of time. Only a couple hours

Typically you shouldn't be impacted. Unless you were the very first Merry time cruise on the Wish 😬 Hurricane Nicole was feeling Grinchy 😆 but otherwise the decorating team sets it up in a matter of a couple hours. They get on first thing in the morning once customs are cleared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter