Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="MrsBooch, post: 62091730, member: 641256"

yeah that's bc we are in the 2020's. I mean...we all saw it coming.
[/QUOTE]
How could I have overlooked that lol... I hope once we are out of the 2020's we can bring back some Disney Magic :smickey:

I am scheduled to arrive in 13 days. I am from NY and will, as of today, need to quarantine both on my way in, and when I return home. I am watching and commenting, not to criticize, but to engage in banter that is going to help me in two ways:
1. If the situation improves and I see people from the Orlando area telling me that masks are being worn in and around the community, I can feel better about going.
2. If there are people consistently downplaying the numbers and reporting that masks are not really be worn by everyone, everywhere in and around the community, I will be forced to cancel my trip.
Please don't make assumptions about people's intentions when clearly many are trying to figure out of Disney will be safe for them.
At least you're responsible and will obey the quarantines. The poster you are responding to has bragged about how he is going to openly flout the laws of both Florida and NY and ignore the quarantines.

And managerial/supervisory back up when CMs enforce the rules, rather than guest appeasement. I have witnessed a couple disturbing incidents of this. No wonder poor frontline CMs hesitate to confront guests.

I am hoping that with the current increase in Covid cases that it causes Disney to be very very strict with the rules. I don't want to see any passive suggestion to park goers to wear their mask or social distance. I want firm enforcement.

I’ve made my thoughts on quarantine’s very clear on this board and this conversation has nothing to do with them or that. This has to do with all the people who as soon as they see a high number of cases for the day in Florida, come on this board and either scream on how Disney has to close or put down anyone “crazy” enough to actually go right now. That is depressing.

The title of this forum is cruise-and-theme-park-operational-updates-due-to-coronavirus. Of course people will come and talk about how the spiking numbers will, might, or should impact things.

Pop Century is definitely supposed to be open when I visit (July 17-21), but I just got an email from Priceline saying "Disney has notified us that your hotel may be closed on your travel dates". And then they want us to confirm or cancel. I thought Pop was already announced to be one of the hotels opening on July 10th?
The rumor discussed on here yesterday concluded with the TA learning from Disney that the emails went out in error.

And managerial/supervisory back up when CMs enforce the rules, rather than guest appeasement. I have witnessed a couple disturbing incidents of this. No wonder poor frontline CMs hesitate to confront guests.

This is SO important. I am super nervous for CMs once park going crowds come down. It’s one thing for people to follow rules in the resorts and Disney springs where there is less time spent or the ability to “escape” to your room, Im worried how people will behave spending hours in the parks.

Wooooo we’ve gotta get to the 2030 pages.

have we heard anything about Remy construction starting back up yet? They were fairly close to being finished, right? 10ish weeks out? Wonder what they’re waiting for if that hasn’t restarted yet.

Also where are the food & wine menus?! That starts in 12 days! 😍

I try to post my personal virus related feelings about being a local AP (likely soon to be ex-AP) on the Community Board where I feel it's more appropriate. That being said, I attempt to post relevant information related to Orlando/WDW/Universal/Attractions that perhaps not everyone will even see. I watch our daily Orlando news and try to give links to that information (e.g. mini-golf initial openings on I-Drive, Crayola Experience opening at the Florida Mall and others). I hope others can disseminate that information and determine for themselves an itinerary or determining the value of a trip. I certainly don't have to do this, but thought it would be helpful for the planners.

Wooooo we’ve gotta get to the 2030 pages.

have we heard anything about Remy construction starting back up yet? They were fairly close to being finished, right? 10ish weeks out? Wonder what they’re waiting for if that hasn’t restarted yet.

Also where are the food & wine menus?! That starts in 12 days! 😍

If Brazil cheese bread and the Guinness baileys drink (I can’t remember their actual names) are on the menu you festival go-ers better take advantage. 😍

If Brazil cheese bread and the Guinness baileys drink (I can’t remember their actual names) are on the menu you festival go-ers better take advantage. 😍

Oh yes let’s guess what might come back for this new modified F&W experience! The nitro truffle was mentioned a few pages ago....

OOOH the loaded Mac & cheese! 😍😍😍

Just a friendly PSA.

If you’re going to Disney in the next few months and think that the anticipated experience just looks scary on paper and it won’t be strict once you get down there;

If you cant handle Disney at its worst, then you dont deserve Disney at its best

And to the Anti-Disney Openers, and the passive aggressive I-Told-You-So’er’s;

As my friend Thumper would say;

“If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all"

Have a safe and wonderful 4th of July weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter