Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important to note that almost 3,000 of Florida's cases are out-of-state people. So those people will be traveling back to wherever they are from and let's all hope they quarantine when they get there...important for out-of-state visitors to WDW.
Thats before wdw opens and the real influx from out-of-state visitors arrive. Chances on that hitting 5 digit numbers in a few weeks?

NBA logos with a disney twist... swipe left for the second page

Some of those are so bang on, yet they really missed out on some opportunities.

Lakers should have 100% been Pocahontas in her canoe, referring to the origin of the name. (Orginally from Minnesota, with the lakes)

Pacers should 100% have been Cars or Herbie related, referring the the origin of their name (Pacecar of the Indy500)

Mulan for Golden State seems like a good fit, considering the Bay Area's Asian population and her status of a, duh, Warrior.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on Splash Mountain. I can’t see how they close that before 2022.

I think it’ll be a while too. Also I haven’t been to DLR in years but from what I’ve read it seems like theirs is in worse shape than ours, possible they work on theirs first instead of working on them together.

SSE and the rest of Epcot needs to be put back on a schedule first IMO.

I saw that Cirque de Soleil tix are on sale for shows starting in November - but I thought I read somewhere that they are filing for bankruptcy?? Am I confused?
Filing for bankruptcy doesn’t mean they necessarily close for good. They plan to restructure. Disney is also a partner in the show at Disney Springs so much easier for that one to continue than others.

For those considering WDW soon, I'd consider your own home area. If your area is in a beautiful, non-outbreak spot, I wouldn't go and be the cause of an outbreak where you are from.

I made this decision when I stayed home and didn't go to Myrtle this week. I wanted my area to stay wonderfully non-outbreaking and open...just b/c I'd rather a whole summer of fun vs a few days (I got to play arcades fully decked with masks and gloves and laser tag fully masked yesterday to celebrate a "staycation" day, instead...and it was really fun, even if different)..

You seem kind person who actually cares about their community. Thank you.

Alot of people on here will fly in planes for no real reason and don't care. I get essential travel and fine if you live in driving range but to fly right now is just selfish for a vacation. Your not visiting a relative whos old either Disney will be there and much better next year!! Ignore if you want 🙃 , but please consider it I think anywhere you go is safer than flying on a plane to Florida and visiting a theme park right now, for what it's worth my day job i am a board certified physician.

Just keep swimming....

Todays report was discouraging but keep in mind that all the corrective measures that have been put in place like manadatory mask use, bar closeures et all have not had time to go into effect yet. What you are seeing today is the effect of 1-2 weeks ago due to incubation and testing lag. I'm waiting to see what next Thursday looks like but at that time we'll be there. We fly in Sat.

If we're talking about Florida as a whole, this is an incredibly misleading comment. Masks are required only in major cities, and if anything, the "testing lag" already shows an exponential growth of cases.

I'm not sure if it's more depressing that the quoted comment was made, or that so many people liked it.

Same here, our city has still not made masks mandatory. DH has been working throughout this whole ordeal in a major city. We are probably safer going to Disney.

Ours are only mandatory inside...that seems to be the sweet spot to get a community onboard, so a mandate actually helps...(we have had the mandate for 6 weeks+ and almost no complaint by this point or people ignoring it...in the beginning, we started with about 70% wearing inside, and are now probably easily at 95%)...

Last edited:
If we're talking about Florida as a whole, this is an incredibly misleading comment. Masks are required only in major cities, and if anything, the "testing lag" already shows an exponential growth of cases.

I'm not sure if it's more depressing that the quoted comment was made, or that so many people liked it.
Yes. And hospitalizations and deaths are lagging indicators. We will begin to see the rise in both in the coming weeks. For anyone to downplay the situation in Florida is negligent, IMO. The real numbers to watch are going to be published right as Disney opens the parks.

Plus with all the worries about the economy, your local economy and especially smaller restaurants, resorts, stores, and attractions, need you arguably much more than Disney does.

Every local economy needs help- including the local economy that is fueled by WDW. WDW itself will weather this crisis, but what about all the locally owned businesses and franchises near WDW that rely on WDW tourists to stay in business? What about Florida as a whole? We rely a lot on the money spent by tourists and the tax collections. No matter where one chooses to spend their vacation, they will be helping out a local economy, including going to WDW.

Last edited:

Im bothered by the downplaying and excusing of the situation in Florida that happens every time numbers are posted. It’s bad. If you’re going to go, recognize what you are walking into.

As someone who has lost major plans including Disney and many summer activities, it boggles the mind how people have forgotten that it isn’t a choice between one risky activity and another risky activity, the choice to do neither is also an option.

Yes, this is an important consideration for us. Our county is doing really well. I shifted our dates a couple days so my family can quarantine for 14 days when we return. We are lucky we can do that - my DH works from home for the foreseeable future, I was furloughed from my job, and kids return to school exactly 2 weeks after our return.

For those considering WDW soon, I'd consider your own home area. If your area is in a beautiful, non-outbreak spot, I wouldn't go and be the cause of an outbreak where you are from.

I made this decision when I stayed home and didn't go to Myrtle this week. I wanted my area to stay wonderfully non-outbreaking and open...just b/c I'd rather a whole summer of fun vs a few days (I got to play arcades fully decked with masks and gloves and laser tag fully masked yesterday to celebrate a "staycation" day, instead...and it was really fun, even if different)...

From the state report on Orange County Florida

Orange County is 555 new today, outside of a few days last week in the 900-1000 range been fluctuating b/t 300-556 for the past two weeks. Positivity in the range of 13.5-17.7% also rolling average probably close to flat. This is all on the Florida DOH site by county. So while the state of Florida had a record high today, Orange county was about 50% less than their record high in the last two weeks.

It will be nice when it gets lower though :)
I’m glad to see it put in context. The state as a whole is NOT spiking. Certain areas of the state are spiking. I think that’s important to keep in mind (speaking as a Floridian whose county has seen less than 500 cases and less than 10 deaths this whole time).

Disney is very aware of the situation and just set a push notification to my phone that "All guests visiting Disney World must read a Health Acknowledgement", which you click on and it takes you to the Covid-19 warning on their page. I'm not sure if this is because I'm visiting Riviera on Saturday or if they sent it to everyone to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter