Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard anything about rainforest opening in DS? I know it’s awful, but DS likes it.
Yes...my kiddos like it too. Seems so odd to be one of the only things not open. It's listed as the AK location opening, but nothing about the DS one. My sister said when she was looking at what was opened in DS; RFC wasn't listed at all...like not even closed; it was just missing completely.

(screenshot)

I’ve managed non-Disney hotels and can confirm this CM is correct - most hotels do this for anything that would incur a charge. Room charges (food, drinks), long distance phone calls, smoking in non-smoking rooms, damages to rooms, etc. The authorization that gets placed on the card at check-in is to make sure the card used for incidentals is valid and has funds available. Too many people try to use expired cards or empty gift cards.

The incidental authorization is just that - an authorization. If you don’t do anything that would require you to pay for incidentals, the authorization gets released at check-out. It does put a hold on those funds on your card, and it shows on the customer’s end as a pending charge, though. @yulilin3 that is likely what you saw.

@LSUmiss is also correct, though - Disney, unlike most non-Disney hotels, gives you the option to not have a card on file for incidentals.

Last edited:

Someone a few days ago made a post about the debacle at CCVs and I believe it had to do with folks not following rules. Sorry, I’m way behind and kept reading ahead to see if I could find anything about it and then lost the original post. I have searched through the threads to read more about this as we have an upcoming stay at CCV reschedule from both BCV and VGF as pool access has been limited but have been unable to find anything using the search function. Can someone either tell me where this was discussed or fill me in?

Thanks in advance.

I understand the point about cleaning anything cloth vs. plastic chairs like in the buses, but don’t agree it’s not worth running them without car seats. We’ve taken Minnie vans countless times and only once needed a car seat. They could easily run some, with no car seat options, and people without kids or kids old enough to not need car seats would still use them.

But my take is a fruitless one. Clearly wdw has run the numbers and knows better.

If you didn't need the car seats, why take a mini van instead of lyft or uber?

I can't answer your question unfortunately...maybe the hold anount??? But excited to hear you're staying at Polynesian...we'll be staying there for the first time first week of Sept. Would love to hear your thoughts. If you have time; could you let us know about food options (is it basically full menu at counter service) ...any info. on pool? I assume capacity won't be an issue while you're there. Thanks so much!
Streaming on my page at 3pm, full walkthrough

Please Help, the disboard conversations have been bombarding my email and I can’t figure out what to do to stop it. I unchecked the email button in my settings, but I am still getting a gazillion emails a day. How do I stop the emails. TIA

Please Help, the disboard conversations have been bombarding my email and I can’t figure out what to do to stop it. I unchecked the email button in my settings, but I am still getting a gazillion emails a day. How do I stop the emails. TIA

Scroll up to the top of the page and you should see a button that says "unwatch". Click that, and click it again when it says "watch" - it should give you a radio button option to watch without receiving email notifications. You'll need to do that for any thread you've posted in (you only have to do it once per thread, though) as it defaults to watching with emails when you respond to a thread.

If you didn't need the car seats, why take a mini van instead of lyft or uber?

I don't have kids, but I have taken Minnie Vans a few times over a regular Lyft. I tend to do this going to Disney Springs because ime regular rideshare drivers can sometimes get confused by the dropoff procedures there and it's made me late for an ADR at least once. The other times were solely due to the preferential dropoff and pickup locations Minnie Vans have. Last August despite my best efforts I felt overcome by the heat at Epcot (the FP line at Spaceship Earth was backed up and I spent good chunk of it dying in the sun) and got a MV back to French Quarter because I was physically unable to walk anymore in the hot sun to where Lyft and Uber are allowed to pick up. Another time I got one because I was running late for a 7DMT FP before Villains After Hours, and even having Lyft drop me off at CR to walk would have taken too much time. I definitely would not have made it if I hadn't been dropped off right at the gate.

It helps that Lyft promos and credits can be applied to take some of the sting out of the pricing.

ETA: the Minnie Van driver when I was sick from the heat was absolutely wonderful, he helped me in and out of the car, gave me bottled water and would not leave once we got to POFQ until I insisted I would be ok getting back to my room. Not that a regular rideshare driver is necessarily bad or anything, but the Minnie Van drivers are the cream of the CM crop and really go out of their way for guests.

Are you watching with emails? Have you tried hitting the unwatch button at the top of the thread?

Do we know if Shanghai Disney has restarted the AP clock yet?

Personally I would be more in favor of delayed clock restart on AP, with no access to parks and no refund, until "initial reopening period" was finished, even if that meant a while rather than immediate restart with limited park access.

I don't know how many others feel the same but I feel like I've seen quite a few people here who would happily wait a while to revisit if it meant no penalty against their AP time.:confused3
I would be very unhappy with that solution. At the end of the day, there won't be a solution that fits all the Passholders, given that everyone has trips at different times, live in different places, can take vacation at different times, and have different comfort levels with the virus. In our case, we have APs that expire this summer, have had a trip planned for July since last August, and will likely be unable to visit in the Fall or winter, so if I could not use my AP for this trip during the initial reopening period, I would be pretty mad and would have to cancel because I am not purchasing separate tickets for something that should be covered by the AP.

The other issue is that it is not clear how long the "initial reopening period" is. It could be just through December. Or, it could be through September 2021. Or, it could be longer. The only thing we know is that a Park Reservation system is in place until at least September 2021, but will likely be in place longer than that.

I think that the ability to get the choice of a refund for the closing period or an extension covers at least the bulk of the Passholders and if someone is not satisfied with these options, they should contact the Passholder line and request a refund for the entire time left on their AP and I think there is a good chance they will eventually refund that entire period.

Scroll up to the top of the page and you should see a button that says "unwatch". Click that, and click it again when it says "watch" - it should give you a radio button option to watch without receiving email notifications. You'll need to do that for any thread you've posted in (you only have to do it once per thread, though) as it defaults to watching with emails when you respond to a thread.
That worked! 😊

I don't have kids, but I have taken Minnie Vans a few times over a regular Lyft. I tend to do this going to Disney Springs because ime regular rideshare drivers can sometimes get confused by the dropoff procedures there and it's made me late for an ADR at least once. The other times were solely due to the preferential dropoff and pickup locations Minnie Vans have. Last August despite my best efforts I felt overcome by the heat at Epcot (the FP line at Spaceship Earth was backed up and I spent good chunk of it dying in the sun) and got a MV back to French Quarter because I was physically unable to walk anymore in the hot sun to where Lyft and Uber are allowed to pick up. Another time I got one because I was running late for a 7DMT FP before Villains After Hours, and even having Lyft drop me off at CR to walk would have taken too much time. I definitely would not have made it if I hadn't been dropped off right at the gate.

It helps that Lyft promos and credits can be applied to take some of the sting out of the pricing.

ETA: the Minnie Van driver when I was sick from the heat was absolutely wonderful, he helped me in and out of the car, gave me bottled water and would not leave once we got to POFQ until I insisted I would be ok getting back to my room. Not that a regular rideshare driver is necessarily bad or anything, but the Minnie Van drivers are the cream of the CM crop and really go out of their way for guests.
Yeah a Minnie Van saved us after we were stuck on Pirates for 2 hours last year on our day back to the airport. Got us from MK to OKW in record time. Got out of the car just as the bus was pulling up. If they weren't there we would have missed tragical express. They're great!

I think that the ability to get the choice of a refund for the closing period or an extension covers at least the bulk of the Passholders and if someone is not satisfied with these options, they should contact the Passholder line and request a refund for the entire time left on their AP and I think there is a good chance they will eventually refund that entire period.

Ideally our AP was going to expire after the end of our trip this month. If I can get a refund for those days in the middle yet still have it active to the normal expiration it would be great and more than offset the "new buy" premium when we do get them again.

Im at fantasia mini golf grabbing some video and you can hear the safety spiel coming from dhs every 15 minutes
Btw they're taking temp here too
Are the still using hand held ones or did they final get some sand underneath thermo ones for temps?

I had a FABULOUS Minnie Van driver when they first launched it. He took us from BC to AKL and when we told him we had never been there before he walked us into the building and to Sanaa! Amazing service.

And the one we had on July 4th from the MK to AKL was the best $50 I have EVER spent at Disney. LOL

I really hope they bring it back soon.

I can't answer your question unfortunately...maybe the hold anount??? But excited to hear you're staying at Polynesian...we'll be staying there for the first time first week of Sept. Would love to hear your thoughts. If you have time; could you let us know about food options (is it basically full menu at counter service) ...any info. on pool? I assume capacity won't be an issue while you're there. Thanks so much!

I wish your first time at the Poly was under better circumstances but it's my favorite resort and you'll love it! I think the Poly is one of the best resorts for food because it's not the usual burgers and nuggets, though they do have options for non adventurous eaters. Capt Cook's looks like it basically has the full menu from what I saw. The Thai Coconut Meatballs are my favorite QS meal on property, only the Satu'li bowls can come close lol. I am also staying there the first week of Sept. (just Labor Day weekend) and I hope the Oasis pool bar will be open by then because it has some great items too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter