Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with everything going on, it could look bad if they go ahead with the re-opening. Especially with more and more "leaks" from CMs being scared to work. I actually just asked earlier if it was possible it would get delayed.
the deal Disney has with the union is that if a CM is scared to go back to work they don't have to. They will continue to be furloughed. Shouldn't affect the opening at all.

Bummer, sorry :(

I'm in the same boat with the TA thing kinda. I've always done all the booking and plans myself, but back in April a TA reached out to me based on trouble with the free dining recovery deal that was offered for impacted March stays and I had her book me for August. Disney couldn't discuss it with me because it was through a TA so she had to talk to them and then relays info to me, but I'm not so sure how I feel about not having "control" over my own trips. I've never used a TA before, and she has been very sweet and accomodating and I do feel bad for her that her commissions have been slashed by a lot. She also said she's had a LOT of angry people over Disney's new requirements which makes me feel even worse for her. But I like being able to adjust things as needed without delays so I doubt I will use a TA in the future, and it sounds like Disney couldn't care less about TAs in this current climate with their new policies for the forseeable future.

This is my first time with a TA, too. I was really hesitant because I like to have control over our trips, and we sometimes make a few changes with dates and resort along the way. I was hopeful for a discount to be released for our dates, though, and thought a TA might have better luck getting us a good deal. Now there's no chance of that, and I'm stuck, lol. I definitely don't like not being able to advocate for myself, or having to rely on other people to do stuff for me, and all the conflicting information is making my head spin. I likely won't book with a TA again.

I know it's a mess for absolutely everyone right now, though, so I'm trying to be very, very patient.

Of course, someone in a thread on the resorts board just posted that they got moved from FQ to Poly today for September (after CBR reopens, which would be the comparable lateral move)... right after my TA told me that there was absolutely no chance of that happening anymore, LOL.

So if we are booked at Boardwalk Inn from 8/8-8/12, will they automatically move us to the DVC side of Boardwalk or contact us about it? I have been trying to move resorts since the main Boardwalk side won't be open until 10/1 but I am not having any luck.

the deal Disney has with the union is that if a CM is scared to go back to work they don't have to. They will continue to be furloughed. Shouldn't affect the opening at all.

Supposedly there are a lot of CMs on the petition, so if they don't have enough to fill necessary positions...?

So if we are booked at Boardwalk Inn from 8/8-8/12, will they automatically move us to the DVC side of Boardwalk or contact us about it? I have been trying to move resorts since the main Boardwalk side won't be open until 10/1 but I am not having any luck.

The language on Disney's site indicates you need to contact them to confirm or modify your trip, otherwise they'll auto-cancel you at 7 days out.

How/where were you able to do this online? I’m in the same exact situation. 6 day resort stay in late July with 5 day park tickets Would like to add a 6th day but can’t seem to do it online.
Is yours a package? I added a day, too, by going to My Plans on MDE and selecting the Change Reservation button. From there, the Change button next to tickets did nothing, but the one next to resort worked. I selected the same resort and same room type, and then was given the option of how many days I wanted on the tickets.

I just keep looking at my plans in MDE and clapping my hands with glee!!!
🤗🤗🤗

I love this new system. I'm not worried about fast passes and now I just can pick where we want to eat knowing already where I'll be that day.

Only up in the air is park hopper, which I hope comes back, but I'll survive if it doesn't.

Glad everything worked out for you - especially since I remember you had to move your 2020 to 2021 quite a while back long before the shutdown. And May is a lovely time to be in the parks.

Not gonna lie though, there's a little piece of me that misses the freaked out Farro from earlier this week.

I think with everything going on, it could look bad if they go ahead with the re-opening. Especially with more and more "leaks" from CMs being scared to work. I actually just asked earlier if it was possible it would get delayed.
Anything is possible of course. However, I feel very confident, if Disney delays the opening, it will be more of as a last resort because of all the implications
-cast members lose out and have to try to get back into unemployment which could be difficult
-all the money lost from ramping up the opening plans now (food, supplies, personnel) with no revenue to pay for it
-would certainly have to cancel NBA and MLS plans
-DVC disaster of possibly many more months of closure
-rescheduling of all these reservations again with weeks or months of more uncertainty
-ultimately, if they went through all this process and still had to bail and not even open in the summer, when will conditions ever be safe to start the process again? The fall or winter when it's been expected to be worse and flu will be back?

Again, not saying they couldn't. But if things become so overwhelming they can't open, I don't see how they could get to that point again for months. It might be back to the "wait until the vaccine" plan which could be months to years.

This is my first time with a TA, too. I was really hesitant because I like to have control over our trips, and we sometimes make a few changes with dates and resort along the way. I was hopeful for a discount to be released for our dates, though, and thought a TA might have better luck getting us a good deal. Now there's no chance of that, and I'm stuck, lol. I definitely don't like not being able to advocate for myself, or having to rely on other people to do stuff for me, and all the conflicting information is making my head spin. I likely won't book with a TA again.

I know it's a mess for absolutely everyone right now, though, so I'm trying to be very, very patient.

Of course, someone in a thread on the resorts board just posted that they got moved from FQ to Poly today for September (after CBR reopens, which would be the comparable lateral move)... right after my TA told me that there was absolutely no chance of that happening anymore, LOL.

I started booking with our TA solely for the agency exclusive discounts but she's really good and has very much come in handy during all of this. She's also insanely fast about getting back to me and is always proactive about doing things ASAP. A really good TA is worth their weight in gold imo. But it's kind of like finding a great doctor, counselor, etc. My best advice is stick to the Disney focused platinum earmarked agencies and avoid TAs doing it as a side hustle.

A slight update to my resort woes that isn't really informative, lol...

Booked at POFQ 12/1-12/5.
- TA originally thought we'd be moved into DVC on 6/22
- Then the resort reopening list came out Sunday, so she said she'd call to see what our options were
- Then Monday, she said she decided not to call and ask about our options, and that we should just wait and see

After lots of thread reading, I reached out to my TA this morning to ask if she would at least find out what options we might have for our move right now, and told her I've seen reports here from people who have been moved from mods to deluxes with no rate change. (We really want to be at POFQ but would jump at our few bucket list deluxe resorts if they were offered at our current rate. We aren't interested in CBR/CSR.)

Just got a response. She basically confirmed that the "matrix" that CMs were given yesterday ended any pixie dust upgrades. Looks like we could've lucked in to an upgrade if she had called for us Monday. Now CMs can only make comparable lateral moves unless that resort category is full, and she said they're actively discouraging any late-2020 changes now because there is a chance the remaining resorts will reopen. Also said the phones have been closed all day so she hasn't been able to get through to make any changes today.

So I guess we keep on waiting to see if POFQ opens up later on!

It's frustrating to get one thing from the TA and see other things on the boards... and can't call to try any moves ourselves because we went through a TA this time. Sigh.
Most pixie dust I saw was for reservations in the next couple months or for people who have an opening date on their resort and know for certain it won’t be open on their trip dates.

Fwiw- I can see why the TA was reluctant to dedicate time to your res. Dec is so far out the odds were not good any upgrades were coming your way

Glad everything worked out for you - especially since I remember you had to move your 2020 to 2021 quite a while back long before the shutdown. And May is a lovely time to be in the parks.

Not gonna lie though, there's a little piece of me that misses the freaked out Farro from earlier this week.

Oh I'm still having freak outs, just not about Disney so you guys don't get to "share" it with me! My freak outs are rather entertaining in person!
:rotfl:

Was able to book CSR for late January but all of Sept looks completely booked! I'm assuming this is due to the anticipated 50th celebration?

Is yours a package? I added a day, too, by going to My Plans on MDE and selecting the Change Reservation button. From there, the Change button next to tickets did nothing, but the one next to resort worked. I selected the same resort and same room type, and then was given the option of how many days I wanted on the tickets.

Not a package. Is yours?
My resort is DVC on points so the tickets were purchased separately.
The only place I see the “Change Reservation” button is next to dining reservations. For the resort, the only button I see is “Update Check-in”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter